K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I just want to give my sincerest apologies to all of you guys for that post a while back, and yes, I am alive and well.

I was very angry because I was scheduled to do a really hard job with my dad but I was given no forewarning, it was the near middle of the week and I needed to keep up with my schoolwork that my mom desperately wants me to complete all the time. She was yelling, screaming, and hitting my door over and over. I had a terrible lapse in judgment and I felt like I was finally going to run away or die, or both. It clicked with me that it was harder than I thought.

I set up a rug I use in my room to my closet after I kinda cleared the space. I then put a blanket against the wall and boxes in there to prevent any noise as best I could. I used a random blue hard rope we have, it's plastic-y but it's very strong, and I used that around my neck. Listening to music I just assumed different positions to be as comfortable as possible and I began to press, the first time I just went back after I realized I couldn't breathe, after talking to myself I went back and tried to keep my hands away from the rope, and kneel so I couldn't go back. I slowly heard my music fade away and my head got warmer, as I heard a loud tinnitus-like ringing in my ears I thought I would finally pass out, but I went back again and started coughing and crying a bit. I tried 2 more times and finally with a long sleeved shirt but it just didn't work out.

I originally planned to run away to the nearby woods and do it but my mom noticed the wind was drafting under my door and she told me to shut my window, or yelled actually.

I used to have asthma attacks and nearly died of an allergic reaction 2-3 times like this so this method is all too frightening for me, it's less of a peaceful one and more of a feeling of someone else strangling you to death, which in reality that's exactly what it is. Can you pass out in a few seconds? Sure, I almost did, it took about 8 seconds for me to feel drowsy. The SI really kicks in when you try to swallow or gasp for another breath but realize you don't have the ability to.

I cannot say for certain that I'm not sad anymore but I feel like this closes another chapter of my life.

My friends talked me back to normal and I went back to sleep, my throat feels fine now and I'm okay. Thank you guys. I don't know if I will ever try that again but I can say this ; to every person that has been hung or has hung themselves, you are very very brave.

I'll be returning to my regular posting and hope you guys receive my warm internet hugs, I love you all.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_, Weary Soul, Ghost2211 and 12 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Good to hear you're okay. People were getting kind of worried.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal and Kat!
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I love you!

• Love
Reactions: botanormal and Kat!
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I love you!
I love you even more. Thank you.
Good to hear you're okay. People were getting kind of worried.
It's all good. I'm really sorry about all of this. I really need you guys to focus on yourself, though.
You are far more important than I will ever be :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and botanormal
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I really need you guys to focus on yourself, though.
You are far more important than I will ever be :heart:
Nope. No way not at all.. I want to cry.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadstuffie, botanormal and Kat!
sadstuffie

sadstuffie

Student
Aug 11, 2020
hiiii! im glad you are ok! was worried for you❤. let's all try our hardest to feel a tiny bit ok today! you have my support no matter what happens eventually, but know i was thinking about you❤

• Love
Reactions: Kat!
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I don't know if I read that post, but I'm glad to hear you're safe now. I hope you're at least feeling a bit better.

• Love
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Good to hear you're ok. We are here for you. Love and hugs.

• Love
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
That sounds like a dreadful experience. So glad you're okay, all things considering... :hug::hug::heart:

• Love