WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Hi so, a lot of you may not know what that means.. basically Eid is like a holiday for Muslims to celebrate the end of the fasting month "Ramdan".. I live in an Islamic country so as you can imagine everyone around me is celebrating being happy and buying things to celebrate (clothes, chocolate and candy etc) why it's triggering my suicide? Well; here's why:
1) I have to spend it with family and I'm not even Muslim and nobody knows.
2) my family dislike me and the feeling is mutual. As of right now, I don't have a single family member that I like
3) I have to get ready with new clothes do my hair makeup etc and fake celebrating.
4) I'll feel like a fraud all day who doesn't deserve to celebrate or be there cus I'll be acting as if I did fast the last month when in reality I didn't.
5) I have to meet relatives I haven't seen all year long and act as if I care how they're doing. I'll be fake all day.
6) I have to sit around spoiled loud obnoxious kids (which I pretty much dislike)
7) I'll have to help with making coffee and a giant breakfast and lunch
8) I'll get high on sugary sweets to cope
9) they'll play loud ass music and dance and it will trigger my migraine and I have to sit through it
Not to mention the eid prayer.. I'll have to fake praying with them.
I don't want to be a part of non of this I have no interest whatsoever but I feel like I must so my mom doesn't have a breakdown
My plan is to hang out with the maids at the kitchen as much as possible and pretend as if I'm helping all day so I don't have to sit around them much.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Dead Meat, MellowAvenue and 10 others
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Good plan, but you know it's not the worse thing in the world to have kind of a party even if you don't really like it. Maybe there will be someone you like at least a bit. Lots of people and things happening will make the time go by faster. I have plenty of annoying relatives as well with their stupid religious dogmas (from Muslim background as well). Try to enjoy free food, maybe something memorable or fun happens.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, WitheringAway and whatevs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Your post is a great explanation of why I do NOT believe in organized religion of ANY type, period. My heart broke in two, while reading your post. I was raised Christian and was supposed to do all these different family/religion events, and my "parents" HATED me to their core, I was a "mistake" in their eyes. Hated all of it. It was always so backstabbing and two-faced people and at 18, when my "parents" kicked me out, I never had to endure that spectacle again.

We are ALL the same, no skin color, no religion, no nationality, no nothing, we are ALL hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, period.

I am with you in spirit, as we are, there in again, all the same, and hopefully the kitchen has a nice ambience to it and the maids are very nice and kind souls to be with.

Lots of huge hugs and caring to you, my good friend.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, MellowAvenue, Pubert and 3 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Thank you so much everyone.. I read it all the same day but was too overwhelmed and anxious. Lost access to the site for a bit now I'm here. I really appreciate you all thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: MellowAvenue and archipelago
A

archipelago

Student
Jun 27, 2021
Thank you so much everyone.. I read it all the same day but was too overwhelmed and anxious. Lost access to the site for a bit now I'm here. I really appreciate you all thank you!
I hope it wasn't too exhausting of a day for you!

Reactions: WitheringAway
TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
Sorry - pretty terrible existence. Wish we had a magic wand to transport you somewhere else. Not many things more oppressive than forced religion on a person.

Reactions: WitheringAway and onlyanimalsaregood
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
We are ALL the same, no skin color, no religion, no nationality, no nothing, we are ALL hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, period.

While I agree with the sentiment and believe it's what we should be striving for (And honestly assumed it was what we were striving for until the last 5 years or so) I do think there's a middle ground to be found where we can hold onto our cultural heritages without being assholes to those who have different ones. Not so much the antiquated beliefs many of those cultures had, but the more festive elements of these cultures (Christmas, Ramadan, Thanksgiving, etc, etc).

Also hope things went well for you @WitheringAway

• Love
Reactions: WitheringAway and whywere
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Hi so, a lot of you may not know what that means.. basically Eid is like a holiday for Muslims to celebrate the end of the fasting month "Ramdan".. I live in an Islamic country so as you can imagine everyone around me is celebrating being happy and buying things to celebrate (clothes, chocolate and candy etc) why it's triggering my suicide? Well; here's why:
1) I have to spend it with family and I'm not even Muslim and nobody knows.
2) my family dislike me and the feeling is mutual. As of right now, I don't have a single family member that I like
3) I have to get ready with new clothes do my hair makeup etc and fake celebrating.
4) I'll feel like a fraud all day who doesn't deserve to celebrate or be there cus I'll be acting as if I did fast the last month when in reality I didn't.
5) I have to meet relatives I haven't seen all year long and act as if I care how they're doing. I'll be fake all day.
6) I have to sit around spoiled loud obnoxious kids (which I pretty much dislike)
7) I'll have to help with making coffee and a giant breakfast and lunch
8) I'll get high on sugary sweets to cope
9) they'll play loud ass music and dance and it will trigger my migraine and I have to sit through it
Not to mention the eid prayer.. I'll have to fake praying with them.
I don't want to be a part of non of this I have no interest whatsoever but I feel like I must so my mom doesn't have a breakdown
My plan is to hang out with the maids at the kitchen as much as possible and pretend as if I'm helping all day so I don't have to sit around them much.
I understand you. It's terrible to try to impose beliefs on us and make us do things we don't want to do. We all have the right to believe in whatever makes the most sense to us. I, being depressed, simply cannot be surrounded by lots of people, or noise, or parties, or anything like that. I just want peace and quiet. I hope it wasn't too boring for you and it was a good idea for you to stay and help the maids, it's always good to help people.
You're genuinely one of my favourite people here. You are so warm and kind and I'm so sorry that you had to suffer through religious abuse too.
I totally agree. Your kindness and good mood are contagious @whywere 🤗 Thank you for making us feel better.

Reactions: WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Thank you guys for your continuous support. It really means so much to me and you all make me feel less alone. It was a very overwhelming couple of days but I worked through it and it's past now.

• Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, Sister of the Moon and MellowAvenue