Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
There are no right or wrong answers. I cannot relate to Linkin Park, but I have many friends who find it embodies their experiences with depression perfectly. You may not relate to my choices. That's perfectly fine!

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, february in alaska and PeterRabbit
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023

Thanks for sharing. Folk-punk is so fun! I relate to this as well. I'll have to look into them; haven't heard of them. I like Days N Daze, Pat the Bunny, AJJ, Against Me!, Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains, and The Taxpayers.

• Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Thanks for sharing. Folk-punk is so fun! I relate to this as well. I'll have to look into them; haven't heard of them. I like Days N Daze, Pat the Bunny, AJJ, Against Me!, Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains, and The Taxpayers.

Absolutely. Yep I like the same stuff. I got a few more bands I could add but don't want to be spammy. Music is the best. Fell on Black Days is good. The Day I Tried to Live, Black Hole Sun too.

Reactions: Cloud Busting
MourningDove

MourningDove

Oct 19, 2023

although I dont have the same experiences, I mostly relate to the idea of not being able to commit fully with CTB, because I believe im spoiled. I have a nice house, and a nice life, and I live in a nice area, and I hate it.

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Absolutely. Yep I like the same stuff. I got a few more bands I could add but don't want to be spammy. Music is the best. Fell on Black Days is good. The Day I Tried to Live, Black Hole Sun too.
I love Soundgarden. Superunknown> Badmotorfinger imo. Wish their earlier stuff was more appreciated. I love Hunted Down.

I rank the big four as: Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam.

Lol I derailed.

Also feel free to spam! That is my intention (unless I'm warned otherwise by the mods.)

Anything by Joy Divsion really.

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023

I love Soundgarden. Superunknown> Badmotorfinger imo. Wish their earlier stuff was more appreciated. I love Hunted Down.

I rank the big four as: Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam.

Lol I derailed.

Also feel free to spam! That is my intention (unless I'm warned otherwise by the mods.)

Anything by Joy Divsion really.

Oh boy, Alice in Chains got me through quitting opiates once. "I can feel the wheel but I can't steer. When my thoughts become my biggest fear. Yeahhh, what's the difference I'll dieeee, in this sick world of mine..."

• Love
Reactions: moondazed and Cloud Busting
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
It's difficult to really pick a song, but I have a rotating playlist on Spotify that I've kept for years now, which is basically my personal soundtrack that I keep at an hours length and delete old tracks as I add new ones. It has metal, hip hop, pop, emo, anything that makes me feel something really.

Most recent addition:

PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
It's difficult to really pick a song, but I have a rotating playlist on Spotify that I've kept for years now, which is basically my personal soundtrack that I keep at an hours length and delete old tracks as I add new ones. It has metal, hip hop, pop, emo, anything that makes me feel something really.

Most recent addition:

"Anything that makes me feeling something" ah yes, but what I do is extract every ounce of that from the song by playing it until its just a dried up husk 😂

I'm 99% of the time listening to bubblegum happy hardcore techno. I'm one of the DoZeNs of fans around the world. I like the intensity and the happy themes and melodies. They're always about love and gets me all sappy and puts me in a fantasy world of rainbows and unicorns. I guess I wouldn't be genuine if I didn't mention that. Its absolutely part of my depression experience.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: moondazed and Cloud Busting
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023

Hell yeah! You listen to Days n Daze or Wingnut Dishwashers Union?
"Anything that makes me feeling something" ah yes, but what I do is extract every ounce of that from the song by playing it until its just a dried up husk 😂
i hate how much I relate to this omg 😂

Now I'm going on a folk punk kick thank you

Last edited:
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
Hell yeah! You listen to Days n Daze or Wingnut Dishwashers Union?

i hate how much I relate to this omg 😂

Now I'm going on a folk punk kick thank you

Ohhhh don't get me started. Folk Punk is my spirit animal. Peter Rabbit is an homage to Pat the Bunny 😂

• Love
Reactions: Cloud Busting and moondazed
UtopianSoliloquies

UtopianSoliloquies

Act 3 Scene 1
Jan 21, 2023
This one is extremely generic for anyone into Japanese music, but alas many people arent, and they're missing out.

The translation is in the subtitles.

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
Ohhhh don't get me started. Folk Punk is my spirit animal. Peter Rabbit is an homage to Pat the Bunny 😂
I was hoping that was the case. It's all coming together!

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Oh boy, Alice in Chains got me through quitting opiates once. "I can feel the wheel but I can't steer. When my thoughts become my biggest fear. Yeahhh, what's the difference I'll dieeee, in this sick world of mine..."
I've never been addicted to opiates, but Down in a Hole is very representative of my depression regardless. A lot of AiC/Mad Season songs are. Their music is like the greatest anti-heroin PSA ever made. So heavy and harrowing. It gives me chills.

Also I'm totally down with thread turning into a folk-punk compilation, for the record.

• Love
Reactions: PeterRabbit and moondazed
a_carbon_based_life

a_carbon_based_life

I deserve peace
Aug 16, 2023

Sorry if these seem edge lordy I like metal😓

Also these albums

the discovery - Anna Von hausswolff
Dead magic - Anna Von hausswolff
Caligula - lingua ignota

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterRabbit
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023

• Love
Reactions: PeterRabbit and moondazed
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Down in a hole and nutshell by Alice in chains sum up how depression makes me feel.

Reactions: PeterRabbit and Cloud Busting
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
A little bit left field of the prompt, but if we're sticking to folk punk, this video is really good.

Reactions: PeterRabbit
XdragonsoulX

XdragonsoulX

Vengeance Incarnate
Apr 13, 2022
These two is one of the closest I've found although there is several others

Also this one

Last edited:
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023

• Love
colorlesshue

colorlesshue

IF GOD EXISTS I DEMAND HIS FORGIVENESS
Jun 28, 2023
barren by nicole dollanganger, more specifically

"You tried to make love to my empty womb
Tried to stuff me like a doll
With pieces of you
But it all seeps from my loosened seams
I took myself apart
And cut off my strings
And scraped the remains from my starving bowels
Collected them into garbage piles
To tie in bags, sink in the lake
And bury at the bottom all my sad mistakes

'Cause I will never be able to love you
I couldn't if I tried
And I will lie down next to you
But I fear a dead body would feel warm compared to mine
'Cause I'm barren on the inside
I'm barren on the inside"

• Love
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I've never been addicted to opiates, but Down in a Hole is very representative of my depression regardless. A lot of AiC/Mad Season songs are. Their music is like the greatest anti-heroin PSA ever made. So heavy and harrowing. It gives me chills.

Also I'm totally down with thread turning into a folk-punk compilation, for the record.

Say no more, here's one of my favorites. Total gut punch the first time I heard it. Too real.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023

Another song that I really like whenever I feel really down. I don't even really know what the song is about or what the singer is even saying but it just emanates that feeling for me. Feels like I'm floating away or slowly fading out.

• Love