CameronFrye

CameronFrye

There’s nothing there
Feb 20, 2022
Hi everyone!

I had the idea to start a song of the week thread. I will post a new thread every week and everyone can contribute a song they'd like to share. I had this idea because I love music and find it helpful for my mental health. While other music-based threads are great, I find they either disappear quickly, or can become overwhelming and hard to follow as they gain hundreds or even thousands of comments over long periods. I think a weekly music thread will find a balance where people will contribute, but it won't become overwhelming. Also I don't really have anything to look forward to in my life, and I think this would give myself and other members something to look forward to every week.

Here are the guidelines for the thread:
- One song per member, per week
- Post the song title, artist, and a YouTube link
- If you would like, share a description of why you chose this song as your song of the week
-A new thread will be posted every Monday (this weeks is a little late)

I'm really looking forward to hearing what songs everyone brings. I think this will be fun and a great way to get to know members better!

Liability - by Lorde

The reason I chose this song is because it's been on my rotation a lot recently, and it is a song that I really relate to.

Throughout my life I've always struggled to make connections with others despite my best efforts. And when I do make a connection, it always ends with them leaving me, usually for someone better. It's happened countless times with many different people, yet I still get my hopes up every time only to be inevitably let down. I'm simply tolerated and am a placeholder until something better comes along. Most recently, my girlfriend of 4 years found more fulfilling relationships, and distanced herself from me until we inevitably broke up. Now she's happy, as are many of my previous friends without me. I'm not mad at them, they deserve happiness, as I, like the song says, am just a "Liability" not worth keeping around.

Also I especially like the last line,
"You're all gonna watch me disappear in to the sun"
I interpret this two ways. One as me eventually ctb and disappearing for good. The other in a more hopeful sense as in the ending of a movie where the main character walks off into the sunset, leaving their past behind in pursuit of new adventures.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatevs, Cathy Ames and Lostandlooking
Hangnailinajar

Hangnailinajar

How far would you go,if I died tomorrow?
Mar 4, 2022
.Hard choice.. but this my theme song next to a few others..it captures how I feel..a lot of the time even in a good mood, I still find things intolerable

Reactions: Cathy Ames and Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
The Girl From Ipanema - Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz

I've been listening to Astrud Gilberto a bit more the past week. It helps me relax and tune out the real world and my situation. Just a sort of escape. This kind of music makes me think of exotic places and different times.

Reactions: fox_wannabe, Hangnailinajar and Cathy Ames
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Esham - Comatose

Chill song, was listening to it last couple of days

Reactions: fox_wannabe
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022