glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
a lot of people say "just open up, you will get support and help" but there is big majority who would use it to take advantage of you especially if you struggle with other things, in my case BPD. I told a girl I know about my suicidal thoughts and she said that I should have sex with her and her BF since they are in an open relationship. that's not help. that's not support. it's just her taking advantage of me because when I said no, she stopped replying to me.

yea we want to CTB and we mostly have nothing lose anymore, we feel really damaged but that doesn't give you the right to try to take advantage.

• Wow
Reactions: deadhead12!, Aisley, downndone2 and 3 others
C

Catastrofe

Student
Apr 5, 2023
Omg that is bullshit... so sorry!!!
Eventually it is better she stops replying, you are not loosing a friend in this case - even though I know how hard it is.

Unfortunately to open to someone can lead to several results ... this is a sad truth.
Did you trust her a lot?
The people here are much more understanding, you can take the forum as a safe place.

scamper

scamper

Nice to meet you
Mar 31, 2023
That's terrible. I've seen a lot of people react very poorly to their friends opening up about suicide but this is one of the worst I've seen, I'm sorry that happened to you.

Everyone should be very, very careful about who they open up to about suicide. One may or may not be surprised that the vast majority of people aren't rational and/or mature enough to have a serious discussion about it. A lot of people who are willing to help don't know how, and will make it worse.

luminiby

luminiby

bubble buddy
Apr 14, 2023
I'm so sorry someone tried to take advantage of you. But you're right, people will never hesitate to prey on the most vulnerable; that's the type of world we live in

• Love
Reactions: Caramelized and glitterypearls
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it's always such a terrible idea being so open about wanting to ctb in this hellish world that is filled with cruel and insensitive people. You simply cannot trust and rely on people as long as one exists here.

Reactions: glitterypearls
glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
Omg that is bullshit... so sorry!!!
Eventually it is better she stops replying, you are not loosing a friend in this case - even though I know how hard it is.

Unfortunately to open to someone can lead to several results ... this is a sad truth.
Did you trust her a lot?
The people here are much more understanding, you can take the forum as a safe place.
That's terrible. I've seen a lot of people react very poorly to their friends opening up about suicide but this is one of the worst I've seen, I'm sorry that happened to you.

Everyone should be very, very careful about who they open up to about suicide. One may or may not be surprised that the vast majority of people aren't rational and/or mature enough to have a serious discussion about it. A lot of people who are willing to help don't know how, and will make it worse.

she basically said how if I had sex with them I won't feel as "sad" and "suicidal" I feel like she was trying to manipulate me or something, I known her for few months and she lost a brother to suicide so I assumed she would understand but oh well.

C

Catastrofe

Student
Apr 5, 2023
she basically said how if I had sex with them I won't feel as "sad" and "suicidal" I feel like she was trying to manipulate me or something,
I am not sure I would go that deep. To manipulate needs some kind of intelligence ... I see none here. Just a very superficial point of view.

As her brother was suicidal you may still try to understand where this answer comes from, maybe she processed her loss in a way that led her saying something so stupid. But of course it is up to you and you do not have to.