IDoNotExist

IDoNotExist

Apr 28, 2023
Sometimes (most of the time actually), when I tell my best friend about my interests he just straight up says "I don't care" and then he expects me to care and listen to him and his interests that I'm uninterested in and I do cause at least I'm a good friend but now whenever he tells me about what his interests are that I don't have in common with him, I sometimes just tell him that I don't care cause I'm tired of dealing with stuff like this. He always forces me to watch or listen to him and I kinda hate it. He even tells me "skill issue" most of the time when I tell him about my depression and suicidal thoughts or about something bad that happened to me or if I was in physical pain somehow. I get that he has autism but I just can't deal with it sometimes. I get that best friends are mean to each other just for the sillies but it just goes too far sometimes.

Sometimes I even think about breaking our friendship.

Idk man, the trait and quality that I hate the most in a person is if they're controlling cause I like my freedom and peace and when I get told to do something I absolutely loath, force me to do something that I do NOT feel comfortable doing, or if they force me to something I hate, I hate it. Sometimes I hate people so much. I'm so tired man. I'm already depressed and I can't deal with stuff like this at times.

(I've never thought I would use the word 'sometimes' this many times in my life).

• Hugs
Reactions: silentnights56, Seered Doom, Forever Sleep and 2 others
laylaN

laylaN

Apr 4, 2023
Man, from your description, it doesn't even sound like you two are friends. I hope you have/eventually find other means of getting emotional support. I know how bad it sucks to get a response like that when you finally open up about your interests or how much pain you're in.

• Love
Reactions: IDoNotExist and Moniker
IDoNotExist

IDoNotExist

Apr 28, 2023
Man, from your description, it doesn't even sound like you two are friends. I hope you have/eventually find other means of getting emotional support. I know how bad it sucks to get a response like that when you finally open up about your interests or how much pain you're in.
I'm glad someone understands. I'm really starting to hate being around my friends these days and I just wanna stay cooped up in my room reading fanfiction and playing video games all day. I hate it when my best friend just says 'I don't care' or 'skill issue' all the time when I tell him about my problems. I only tell him about it so openly cause both of us are mentally unstable, (though he's starting to heal a bit).

I keep thinking about the right time to break our friendship tbh. I don't know anymore. I'm getting tired, having to deal with stuff like this all the time.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Ever thought of quietly just fading from their circle? I've had more than my share of friends who just don't act friendly but due to circumstances are "friends". Usually I end up not talking to them much and next thing you know it's been a year and the friendship really wasn't there. A few have noticed the absence and actually come around and things were talked out and we're actually good friends now, not like we were before. If your friend has issues as well it makes it that much harder and trying to get them to understand "I don't care" to you means something bad may take more work than you can put in. It sucks but it sounds like you're ready for the break and you don't need someone else's problems hitting you.

• Love
Reactions: IDoNotExist
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
How is an autistic boy forcing you to watch and listen to him? Does he tie you to a chair? Sounds to me like you're forcing him to let you watch and listen to him, and he's drawing the line at being forced to watch and listen to you. Give him some fucking space.