novastar_

novastar_

Hopefully a pretty corpse
Sep 20, 2024
Everyone has a post like this it looks like but I keep fucking up and saying too much to the people around me. I play it off as a joke but I'm dead serious- I mean, that has always been my humor but I feel if I'm to heavy handed with it people r going to start suspecting me. I just wish I could have someone to talk to abt it. At least, someone who can help me understand certain lingo here lol.

Regardless, I need to shut my mouth lmao. I don't know how many more "I'll be dead by summer"s people can take. Lol lmao

Reactions: LifeQuitter
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
When you make jokes about it to people, what kind of reaction are you hoping for?

Reactions: novastar_
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
That's a real good question. I'm hoping for some laughs really lol
Is that really it? You say you want someone to talk to about how you feel, but if you make a suicide joke and people laugh, there is no conversation there, because they're not taking it seriously. Not judging, by the way, I'm honestly curious.

Reactions: novastar_
novastar_

novastar_

Hopefully a pretty corpse
Sep 20, 2024
Is that really it? You say you want someone to talk to about how you feel, but if you make a suicide joke and people laugh, there is no conversation there, because they're not taking it seriously. Not judging, by the way, I'm honestly curious.
No no i gotchu. Ur raising some good points. I don't know how to talk to ppl abt it. I suppose every time I have, it's been downplayed bc 'everyone feels sad sometimes'. I hate the negative attention and the thought of being a burden. Maybe I'm playing it off as a joke but I want help? I also don't want to get sent to a ward or smth. Thank u for replying btw ◡̈

• Love
Reactions: alienfreak and TransilvanianHunger
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
No no i gotchu. Ur raising some good points. I don't know how to talk to ppl abt it. I suppose every time I have, it's been downplayed bc 'everyone feels sad sometimes'. I hate the negative attention and the thought of being a burden. Maybe I'm playing it off as a joke but I want help? I also don't want to get sent to a ward or smth. Thank u for replying btw ◡̈
Right, if every time you bring it up in a sincere way, people brush you off, using humour at least gives you the out of "nah, I'm joking" if things get uncomfortable. Yes, "everyone feels sad sometimes," and even people who are "just" sad might say they want to die, or something like that. But it's different if that thought is with you often.

I've come to realise that, more often than not, it is not that people do not care. They just don't know how to react when someone says, with a straight face, "I want to die." Some brush it off, some tell you you're being dramatic, others might choose to ignore it, because it is an uncomfortable thought for them to hold. It's not malicious, but it sure makes things much more difficult to navigate.

Now, a predictable question: if you want to talk about it, and be taken seriously, have you considered a therapist? Simply expressing suicidal thoughts it not grounds to be sent to a ward or anything like that. Any vaguely competent therapist should be able to distinguish between someone struggling with suicidal ideation, and someone who is about to drink bleach or jump off a bridge. Finding a decent therapist can be a bit of a pain, depending on where you are, and on your circumstances. But I can certainly recommend trying. Probably wouldn't be here typing this if it weren't for that.

Reactions: alienfreak
star_cell

star_cell

I will see you again
Sep 17, 2023
You can talk to me! I used to have a habit of that. Other ppl let it get real awkward too. It definitely allows defusing the heat of being on watch for wanting to ctb.

alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
I've come to realise that, more often than not, it is not that people do not care. They just don't know how to react when someone says, with a straight face, "I want to die." Some brush it off, some tell you you're being dramatic, others might choose to ignore it, because it is an uncomfortable thought for them to hold. It's not malicious, but it sure makes things much more difficult to navigate.
Agreed. It seems that most people have no idea how to talk about it and don't understand what it is like. I think it is common for those people to have a sort of panic response to the topic because they don't want to say the wrong thing and don't know how to help. It's like speaking a different language to them.

Reactions: TransilvanianHunger
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
Agreed. It seems that most people have no idea how to talk about it and don't understand what it is like. I think it is common for those people to have a sort of panic response to the topic because they don't want to say the wrong thing and don't know how to help. It's like speaking a different language to them.

You have a good heart. I'm so sorry you're life is a trouble.

You're a good person.

• Love
Reactions: alienfreak