wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Hi all. I am no one to judge. I am close to my own time. But I want to share some things I have noticed. Take from it what you will. I'm not judging anyone, simply bringing your attention to some things because we are all in a very vulnerable place. Tell me what you think :)

Just some notes I have been thinking of-

1. There are many people on here who have yet to try ways to get help or any help at all in terms of improving their life situation. If you think there are things you can do that will make your life worth living (by your standards), then please try :) I personally believe that we all inherently have worth and value even though we forget or dont feel like it, I know I dont. I would hate to see people leave who can live the kind of life they want and deserve but just didnt look at the correct resource. I think the foundation of SS is freedom- we deserve to do what we want. Do we want to end or have a good life? Most often, we want a good life and it may be inaccessible for many of us. Then we choose death. I just hope we all have checked other doors first.
  2. On the note of trying, there is A LOT of support on here for suicide. I love it. People here understand me. I feel good on this forum. It has made last few weeks bearable. I really mean it. At the same time, I think that we should also be expanding our presence in other support systems if we want to "try" to live. There are several reddit communities for pain, cptsd, depression, anxiety, trauma, illnesses, jobs etc that have much better/different resources and types of support. There are organizations that provide free mental health, physical health, legal, financial, and intellectual support and they are VERY effective. I know this because I have worked in such places and have recieved a lot of help too. They exist. Diversity of thought is important. Sometimes things really cannot improve but sometimes they can! Sometimes we dont want things to improve, that is okay- we can decide consciously and intentionally. But I have met people on here who want things to improve and they can as well. For those of you, please look at other places too for help.
  3. I am no one to tell anyone what to do with their life or death. I know that young people have valid and real suffering. You know your life best. Being young also means that you might not have tried many ways of trying to make life livable. Maybe there are more things to try before leaving. Just a thought.
  4. I have also noticed that many people on here may have not considered the full gravity of their situation in terms of how they can improve it and the fallout of them dying. Those are things worth thinking about from many perspectives- not just ones on SS.
  5. I guess what I am saying is that SS offers an amazing and unique opportunity for all of us. We should also do our part and diversify our lives by seeking help from places that CAN help and would be better for those. And by exposing ourselves to other ways of thinking about our situations through other forums, books, videos, research articles, etc.
  6. We also dont all need to feel that life is ugly/gross/meaningless etc in order to choose to die. I think life is beautiful and I love the trees and the birds and the sunlight. And yet, it has been too painful for me and I cannot go on. We all have our reasons and perspectives. I think we should be able to share the ways in which we still find joy or comfort in life, regardless of how close we are to dying. We are here because we support free speech, correct? So it goes in all directions.
  7. This is the most important decision of our life. We should be careful of what we see, hear, and speak, of where we get information from, and of how we think about it. Clearly, we have all suffered a lot. I dont think we want to add suffering for anyone else. I'm not sure I would wish this on anyone. I just encourage you all to be careful and critical of what you engage with, including on SS. Not everything on here is reliable- please double check your information. The mods cant moderate every single word. The mods are also human like us, flawed and limited in their perspectives. The younger members on here need to recognize this.
  8. 8 because I dont like odd numbers haha :p

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: All-Dead-Y, ReflectionOfTrauma, botanormal and 27 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Life is beautiful and colorful with nature and the air we breathe, it's just the people fucking suck. My brother had the right mind by isolating himself in the countryside and just watch sports and read books all day.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, Greenberg, stygal and 12 others
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
Life is beautiful and colorful with nature and the air we breathe, it's just the people fucking suck. My brother had the right mind by isolating himself in the countryside and just watch sports and read books all day.
People do suck. I need more nature. sounds like he did good.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, Greenberg, stygal and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal, Shadowrider, M84u and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
lemmings GIF

• Love
Reactions: LADY007, botanormal, nox_ghoul and 14 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I think Earth doesn't want us here. We'd better go extinct soon lol.
I don't think earth is the problem however I do believe the humans are doing a fine job of it themselves.

As for the thread I agree with what you say so I have nothing to say outside of I don't know anyone that's tried as much as me but sometimes there's just too much going on that it becomes a big circle of trying to get better but instead getting worse or some things just can't be fix.

• Hugs
Reactions: wordsonscreen, Trannydiary, Rif and 1 other person
BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow

Student
Feb 6, 2021
I think you made some very good points. Good post.

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, wordsonscreen, Trannydiary and 1 other person
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
i understand mate, but the game changer is that this logic does not compute when your suicidal, your logic changes..
and believe me it seems literaly impossible when you are truly actively suicidal and off course if triggered to understand feel and be led by that vital logic..
wish it was so easy for me back then and im sure that it is easy as that for some people here if presented with opportunity and help and i hope it will somehow, but my own experience was different..
x
not everyone chooses death sometimes it chooses you..

• Love
Reactions: End Game, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, booray and 1 other person
BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
Dec 11, 2020
I personally believe that life is equally both beautiful and horrifying, beautiful in terms of nature, how it looks, flows, and everything seems to be at one with each other, everything is just at peace with each other in the most beautiful way, and horrifying because anything could happen and is pretty much indifferent to your existence(for example a dear, or worst case, you, could just get randomly attacked by a bear and eaten alive and there's not much you can do about it). And I have been privately doing somethings to improve myself lately, such as a combination of Meditation, Silent Christian Contemplation, Stoicism, parenting myself and exercising, with some slow improvements so far, I still don't like the fact that I'm alive that much, but I'm also trying my bets and see what happens, maybe I'll finally be at peace with myself, who knows, might as well try right?. I mean if you already lost everything, what's more too lose, and if none of that works , then at least I have an exit plan. I might even try CTB once I find a job and have actually money to

I don't think that(and not suggesting your saying this) that most people here don't want to sift-improve or try most of your suggestions, its that a lot of us might have tried in the past and it either backfired and made things worst or simply didn't do much for them, or are simply trapped from doing so, with the third reason I can relate to, especially since I occasionally get retraumatized from still living in the same household and not having enough money to move out. But it's been easier to deal with, lately surprisingly. Either way while yes self-improvement are always available and should be considered before making the final deacons, I think it should also be considered how certain circumstances could make this impossible, or at least difficult for some of us to do. If that makes any sense.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, stygal, kitch and 1 other person
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
for me your notes somehow suggest that this site is not helping to improve lives.

i experience it quite the opposite and what i read from a lot of people it seems to be the same for them cause they (including me) can talk for the first time in their life about their struggle, which did lead them to be suicidal, without fearing to be silenced or worse. for me it seems a lot join here to get information how to die but find life in form of the ability to connect to others and don't feel alone anymore.
for me this freedom to talk without limiting myself has a very healing effect and changed enough to give life at least a chance for now and to try to improve my situation (what i am already doing). i am still not sure where this road leads me but i know that without this site my situation would be much worse - somewhere between being homeless, in a psych ward (with possible damages from my failed attempt) or dead.

Reactions: stygal, it's_all_a_game and sorella santini
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
I personally believe that life is equally both beautiful and horrifying, beautiful in terms of nature, how it looks, flows, and everything seems to be at one with each other, everything is just at peace with each other in the most beautiful way, and horrifying because anything could happen and is pretty much indifferent to your existence(for example a dear, or worst case, you, could just get randomly attacked by a bear and eaten alive and there's not much you can do about it). And I have been privately doing somethings to improve myself lately, such as a combination of Meditation, Silent Christian Contemplation, Stoicism, parenting myself and exercising, with some slow improvements so far, I still don't like the fact that I'm alive that much, but I'm also trying my bets and see what happens, maybe I'll finally be at peace with myself, who knows, might as well try right?. I mean if you already lost everything, what's more too lose, and if none of that works , then at least I have an exit plan. I might even try CTB once I find a job and have actually money to

I don't think that(and not suggesting your saying this) that most people here don't want to sift-improve or try most of your suggestions, its that a lot of us might have tried in the past and it either backfired and made things worst or simply didn't do much for them, or are simply trapped from doing so, with the third reason I can relate to, especially since I occasionally get retraumatized from still living in the same household and not having enough money to move out. But it's been easier to deal with, lately surprisingly. Either way while yes self-improvement are always available and should be considered before making the final deacons, I think it should also be considered how certain circumstances could make this impossible, or at least difficult for some of us to do. If that makes any sense.
Of course! I understand <3
for me your notes somehow suggest that this site is not helping to improve lives.

i experience it quite the opposite and what i read from a lot of people it seems to be the same for them cause they (including me) can talk for the first time in their life about their struggle, which did lead them to be suicidal, without fearing to be silenced or worse. for me it seems a lot join here to get information how to die but find life in form of the ability to connect to others and don't feel alone anymore.
for me this freedom to talk without limiting myself has a very healing effect and changed enough to give life at least a chance for now and to try to improve my situation (what i am already doing). i am still not sure where this road leads me but i know that without this site my situation would be much worse - somewhere between being homeless, in a psych ward (with possible damages from my failed attempt) or dead.
oh no, it definitely helps. Everyone is in different places in their lives and we all have different experiences. Is worth recognizing that while also appreciating that we get to bond here and relate to each other :) I'm glad things have felt healing for you!

inthemoonblue

inthemoonblue

Nov 26, 2020
I always enjoy reading your posts sunbug :heart: Everything you said it so true!

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Jan 21, 2021
I always enjoy reading your posts sunbug :heart: Everything you said it so true!
you do? :') That is so sweet! :heart: Feel free to say hi any time and tell me about your favorite snacks :)

• Love
Reactions: inthemoonblue