FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Controversial opinion
Am i right or wrong some mental health advocates/campaigners are actually the biggest bullys and not very nice people ?
Has anyone else noticed this in thier lives.
Today i was on reddit i commented about how I ashamed of how people have been behaving in the pandemic.
I mentioned how the people who lived in second world war have a lot to be proud of. These older people tell these things to thier children and grandchildren.
Examples i gave were
- Female code breakers
- young men fighting for freedom
- Positive advertising posters like keep Calm and carry on.
- Dame vera lynn who was a talented and very famous singer during the second war. She died last year. She sang to the soldiers
-The queen of England was mechanic amd and driver in the army

If i had children in the future i would not be able to tell them what i was proud of during the pandemic.

Then i made a list about the behaviours I ashamed of during the pandemic
- Piers Morgan being an aggressive supporter of lockdowns , constantly criticising people on his show for not wearing a mask but he himself was caught not wearing a mask in public
He has become so arrogant in his show.
- People being rude and abusive towards disabled people and other people for not wearing the mask in public
- Neil ferguson caught with his trousers down while demanding we stay at home and not see family and friends
-Self centred celebrities and famous people making the pandemic about them. I used to the example of Michelle Obama. I am black female and really used to admire her.
When Michelle Obama said she was suffering a low grade depression due to the pandemic, racism and the trump administration. I was so disappointed because I greatly admired Michelle Obama. Anyone can suffer depression I am aware of that. I am disappointed in her because now is not the time to hear about rich people and their woes.
Personally i am getting sick amd and tired of wealthy people and celebrities talking about mental health.
I am sorry but people like her ( Michelle)can get help for thier depression but many others will not. Many people with mental illness also face discrimination and society does more to exclude people with mental health problems than include.

Wealthy people dont live in our world and understand how ordinary people. They live in a bubble. I do feel sorry for anyone suffering depression but rich people talking about mental health in their large houses is so nauseating. That is me

- i aslo criticised blacks lives matter movement and expressed scepticism of the movement here is my quote

"The people supporting black lives matter genuinely care about racial justice and equality but I believe they are being used as pawns in someones agenda.

We keep hearing all these conversations about race on the TV, celebrities, corporations but i have been asking myself who is benefit is this for?"
"Some one is profiting from all this"
"While we are too busy fighting over statues , race the government are passing laws and making decisions which dont benefit the majority and harming us all "

Then i received a lot of abuse from a black woman on reddit.
She told me to go ahead and kill myself.
She called me a "self hating black woman" and compared me to candace Owens. I dont like candace Owens so that is an insult.

She told me to learn about black lives matter and to get involved" I wouldn't have time to feel sorry for myself."

The abuse was endless which more long rant ridden posts she left on my thread.

I looked at the woman profile posts and she constantly goes on about mental health, how the lockdown harming peoples mental health and she is upset she cant meet men etc
She is also 41 year old single mum. She called teachers lazy for not coming in to school because they fear covid19. She compared covid to the flu.

This is not the first time i have experienced mental advocates/campaigners acting as total bullies and awful people.
I mentioned before how i got banned from a depression forum and the women on the forum were attacking my views etc.

I am just noticing more and more people who claim to care about mental health are actually the biggest bullies and not very nice people.

My step dad doesn't really care a lot about mental health but he is actually a nice guy who has been more of a father to me than my real dad.

My mum doesn't care a lot about mental health and is not interested in this stuff but my mum has worked hard all her life so i can be provided for

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, it's_all_a_game, BornofDust and 17 others
Intotheflames

Intotheflames

a stranger in a strange land
Dec 23, 2020
They are attention seekers before they are whatever advocates. They advocate a trend instead of a cause, MeToo, BLM, Covid, mental health, great reset don't matter. While some truly be affected by such issues, many of them are always bullies, it's just before they had to be more delicate.

Reactions: Samsara, Dr Iron Arc, demuic and 7 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
A lot of people are full of shit and will champion a cause to feed their vanity; not to actually help in a meaningful way. They will cling to whatever the next popular #hashtag is without a second thought.

• Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, clownangel, Dr Iron Arc and 5 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I TOTALLY agree. I have been through the mill with some of these people.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, demuic, Wrennie and 1 other person
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
She called you a self-hating black woman?
Are you a black woman?
However you feel about yourself is your own business and not hers. And her calling people "lazy" for not going into work during the pandemic is definitely fucked up. Most "work" isn't even a social good.

Yeah I don't even believe in a thing called "mental health," or it's just not the framework I use to understand any of my own needs or feelings. A lot of "MH advocates" have an idea of what's healthy that they want to force on other people, which is very disrespectful of them, the worse ones are often psych staff themselves who imagine that what they're doing is "anti-stigma".

• Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, Isisnefert, demuic and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I find that most mental health advocates have some sort of NPD quirk about them. They champion issues that benefit them and shame those who disagree. In the end all they achieve is spreading toxic awareness of the issues and they wonder why no one that is smart enough ever believes in their bullshit.

• Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, stevieu, demuic and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I think that control freaks who derive a sense of power and superiority from having power over other people are typically drawn to the mental health profession. After all, they are the "normal" ones, so their voices will always drown out our own. They simply enjoy having that edge over others.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, Isisnefert, BeanyBoo and 5 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
You have made some good points in regards to how (some) people are behaving throughout this pandemic. There have been/are quite a few people who are acting cruel as usual; yet they act as if everybody is helping each other out in this crisis. Yes there are many kind-hearted individuals, such as volunteers and medical staff, but this is not the case for everyone or everywhere. You have saw through the charade and it probably frustrates you - and rightly so.

Also: a person told you to kill yourself, but they also claim to promote mental health awareness? That could not be more hypocritical, in fact that is just downright twisted and malicious. As long as you were constructive and not being hateful yourself then there was no need for that type of response from the other person.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
She called you a self-hating black woman?
Are you a black woman?
However you feel about yourself is your own business and not hers. And her calling people "lazy" for not going into work during the pandemic is definitely fucked up. Most "work" isn't even a social good.

Yeah I don't even believe in a thing called "mental health," or it's just not the framework I use to understand any of my own needs or feelings. A lot of "MH advocates" have an idea of what's healthy that they want to force on other people, which is very disrespectful of them, the worse ones are often psych staff themselves who imagine that what they're doing is "anti-stigma".
Noaccount
Yes I am a black female. My icon on my profile i chose it because I like fairies and nature themed colours.

I use online forums because I like the privacy and can express my views which are quite controversial views which are not mainstream. I don't reveal too much about myself as i dont want to be traced..

I was shocked at some the things she wrote. I thought she was younger than me but i when i found out she is 41 year old single mum I was absolutely shocked.

Worst of all she called me "self centred " and I should be be involved in Black lives matter so "i wont have time to feel sorry for myself "

She accused me saying "Michelle Obama shouldn't be depressed because she is rich "

Honestly what i was really trying to say is I am fed up of wealthy people, celebrities; influencers etc talking about thier mental health struggles during the pandemic.

Personally I think there is something self centred about telling the world you are about feeling depressed during a pandemic while living in a million pound home with X amount of servants .

Maybe that is just me. I used the example of Michelle Obama because i used to admire her growing up. I was just disappointed because now is not the time to hear about rich people and thier problems. We need to focusing on solutions to get us out of this crisis .

I know mental illness can affect anyone but wealthy people have a range of acess to treatments which the general public dont have.

These are the same wealthy people will never advocate to improve the mental health system which is inaccessible for most people or talk about the abuses that occur within psychiatric facilities, campaign against mental health discrimination.

People say celebrities and high profile people talking about mental health is helping reduce the stigma.

I dont think it does because society continues to discriminate against people with disabilities and mental illness.

We have laws against discrimination but it doesnt go far enough. The employment tribunal system is broken and the list is endless.

What is the point in having rights if you cant access to a meaningful remedy.

I criticised black lives matter movement because they offer no solutions which will help black people.

Their aim of pushing for Defunding the police will put more people at risk.

I mentioned how black lives matter has caused divison in society because anyone who doesnt support the movement is criticized for being racist and not caring about black people or black people who criticise it get a lot of abuse from other blacks.

Here in the UK we have a blm movement and during on a episode of Britain's got talent a dance group called diversity made a dance about black lives matter and recreating George floyd death

a black girl called Dominique samuels who is political commentator appeared on a tv programme called good morning Britain and she criticised the group performance and the Blm movement.
After her tv appearance she received so much online abuse om Twitter by black lives matter supporters in the UK and black people.
This toxic narrative alienates people from supporting the movement and creates divided communities of Us v them.

My friends support black lives matter whereas I am sceptical of the movement.

I just feel like we are all pawns in someones sinister agenda. I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

While we are too busy arguing about race the politicians are passing laws which is harming the majority and are failing to deal with the pandemic.

My views are controversial and not like everyone else around me
It is kind of isolating at times

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, it's_all_a_game, stevieu and 5 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes people like that only use social causes as an excuse to be narcissistic playground bullies and attack people who don't conform to their groupthink narrative. They are high on their holier than thou attitudes and the belief that they are on the "correct" side of history.

Race is one thing that is being used in society right now to divide people on the basis of identity while the rich and politicians continue to laugh themselves to the bank and continue to spread misery amongst the common people. It's nothing more than a distraction from uniting against the real enemy.

Politicians and corporations will pander to social causes but none of them actually give a shit. It's a way to get your money or your vote.

It's easy to throw around feel good words and slogans, it's hard to actually fundamentally change anything for the better. So guess which one people decide to do.

People hate those who can see past all the smoke and mirrors. Don't be ashamed of thinking for yourself.

• Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, it's_all_a_game, Wrennie and 4 others
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
You have made some good points in regards to how (some) people are behaving throughout this pandemic. There have been/are quite a few people who are acting cruel as usual; yet they act as if everybody is helping each other out in this crisis. Yes there are many kind-hearted individuals, such as volunteers and medical staff, but this is not the case for everyone or everywhere. You have saw through the charade and it probably frustrates you - and rightly so.

Also: a person told you to kill yourself, but they also claim to promote mental health awareness? That could not be more hypocritical, in fact that is just downright twisted and malicious. As long as you were constructive and not being hateful yourself then there was no need for that type of response from the other person.
Sprite_Geist
It gets worse when I looked at the persons post history in her post she frequently mentions how her children are losing their childhood due to the pandemic,she comments about how people are killing themselves during lockdown and how she is upset she cant meet men.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and Dr Iron Arc
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
I've found another Black female here hey! ( read the whole thread and am quoting for context of what I'm talking about cause you make a lot of good points and my responses will make more sense, not because I'm trying to argue.

When Michelle Obama said she was suffering a low grade depression due to the pandemic, racism and the trump administration. I was so disappointed because I greatly admired Michelle Obama. Anyone can suffer depression I am aware of that. I am disappointed in her because now is not the time to hear about rich people and their woes.
I don't think what you said was offensive. I don't think people (*especially American people regardless of race, gender, etc.) understand being Black is a different experience in every country and even regionally. (I'm a Black American woman currently living in France.) Even the smallest differences have a larger meaning. In short: I don't think Michelle was being selfish. Her talking about depression is highly criticized on multiple fronts, she just wanted to let people who are depressed know it's okay to need and ask for help if you're Black since in America that's a taboo in many Black communities.

(I copied and pasted an explanation of the things above to you cause it was too long for the forum. Not super long, but long enough it'd seem like I thought you were a "self-hating" Black woman. If anyone else wants to see it DM me, it's about how being Black in a different country (currently in France) is much different than being a Black American, just being Black everywhere is, like being anyone in a minority or majority group is diff in each country.) The woman who was mean to you was waayy out of line though.

now is not the time to hear about rich people and thier problems. We need to focusing on solutions to get us out of this crisis .
No one at the top gives a damn about race- they want money and power. That doesn't mean we can all just ignore the role race plays though which does impact the little guy's access to resources and a good life. The hashtags annoy me too. How can Black people stop racism? The same way we ca stop sexual assaults and the wealth gap. WE CAN'T. People who commit sa need to stop. The wealthy need to give. People need to stop being racist. However that wealth and power gap is so large white Americans don't want to give up their privilege because they know life would be even harder. I'm a BLM supporter because someone's always gonna get stomped on, however this movement and focusing on race in America could maybe get one boot off the neck of the Black generation 10 after mine (cause I know it won't be happening within my lifetime).

how I ashamed of how people have been behaving in the pandemic.
*major facepalm* all the Western governments are doing nothing but arguing. Different sides arguing about different things (sometimes not even racism or corona, I imagine Brexit trade deals in the middle of this are extremely frustrating) all at the same time. hen at the end of the day WE'RE ALL HUMAN AND CORONA PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, LIEFTYLE-LY, ETC. EFFECTS US ALL... so that's the bug to squash first. The loudest voices with the best healthcare complaining are very annoying.
You are not Candace Owens. Candace Owenses do a dance white conservatives don't even like and snicker about behind her back. From this thread I can tell you know how to think for yourself.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, NodusTollens and FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I've found another Black female here hey! ( read the whole thread and am quoting for context of what I'm talking about cause you make a lot of good points and my responses will make more sense, not because I'm trying to argue.

I don't think what you said was offensive. I don't think people (*especially American people regardless of race, gender, etc.) understand being Black is a different experience in every country and even regionally. (I'm a Black American woman currently living in France.) Even the smallest differences have a larger meaning. In short: I don't think Michelle was being selfish. Her talking about depression is highly criticized on multiple fronts, she just wanted to let people who are depressed know it's okay to need and ask for help if you're Black since in America that's a taboo in many Black communities.

(I copied and pasted an explanation of the things above to you cause it was too long for the forum. Not super long, but long enough it'd seem like I thought you were a "self-hating" Black woman. If anyone else wants to see it DM me, it's about how being Black in a different country (currently in France) is much different than being a Black American, just being Black everywhere is, like being anyone in a minority or majority group is diff in each country.) The woman who was mean to you was waayy out of line though.

No one at the top gives a damn about race- they want money and power. That doesn't mean we can all just ignore the role race plays though which does impact the little guy's access to resources and a good life. The hashtags annoy me too. How can Black people stop racism? The same way we ca stop sexual assaults and the wealth gap. WE CAN'T. People who commit sa need to stop. The wealthy need to give. People need to stop being racist. However that wealth and power gap is so large white Americans don't want to give up their privilege because they know life would be even harder. I'm a BLM supporter because someone's always gonna get stomped on, however this movement and focusing on race in America could maybe get one boot off the neck of the Black generation 10 after mine (cause I know it won't be happening within my lifetime).

*major facepalm* all the Western governments are doing nothing but arguing. Different sides arguing about different things (sometimes not even racism or corona, I imagine Brexit trade deals in the middle of this are extremely frustrating) all at the same time. hen at the end of the day WE'RE ALL HUMAN AND CORONA PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, LIEFTYLE-LY, ETC. EFFECTS US ALL... so that's the bug to squash first. The loudest voices with the best healthcare complaining are very annoying.

You are not Candace Owens. Candace Owenses do a dance white conservatives don't even like and snicker about behind her back. From this thread I can tell you know how to think for yourself.
Thank you so much. I sent a DM

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
Sounds like people being people and not being empathetic as usual. Reddit especially breeds assholery and the voting system emboldens people to be bigger assholes

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Wrennie, NodusTollens and 2 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Thank you for sharing this, you are spot on about a lot.

Mental health "advocates" are not what they used to be, the movement was taken by people who need to present themselves in a positive light regardless of what they really think about it, they are usually indifferent and use the message for reasons including self promotion, atonement for past wrongdoings or just plain attention seeking in a painfully obvious narcissistic way, saying that you have depression or other trendy mental health issue (almost always self diagnosed) is now a badge of honor and a way to convince people that you are a victim regardless of what you did in the past. reddit is specially bad about this, but it goes above and beyond that shitty page.

This is similar to other social causes that you mention, many people use the black lives matter slogan to promote themselves, and if people really think that they actually give a fuck about black people and their struggle, then I invite them to visit their official shop, where you can buy 40+ dollar t-shirts or 30 dollar beanies, it's so enraging the way the promote it, JOIN THE MOVEMENT, BUY THIS OVERPRICED SHIT, death to consumerism btw .also, get lectured about gender in the process.

It's funny, because big tech, big corpo, and many sleazy politicians and celebrities latch themselves to these causes, and these are the most unapologetically evil people in the world. it baffles me that some people truly believe that they do it because of selfless reasons, when corporate and political abuse is something so thoroughly documented.

It's the same with lgbt, the pandemic and any "positive" social cause that turned to pure rot because of these people, and the worst part is that you'll face an uphill battle if you want to discuss these issues in a serious way.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LastFlowers, FireFox and 3 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
Controversial opinion
Am i right or wrong some mental health advocates/campaigners are actually the biggest bullys and not very nice people ?
Has anyone else noticed this in thier lives.
Today i was on reddit i commented about how I ashamed of how people have been behaving in the pandemic.
I mentioned how the people who lived in second world war have a lot to be proud of. These older people tell these things to thier children and grandchildren.
Examples i gave were
- Female code breakers
- young men fighting for freedom
- Positive advertising posters like keep Calm and carry on.
- Dame vera lynn who was a talented and very famous singer during the second war. She died last year. She sang to the soldiers
-The queen of England was mechanic amd and driver in the army

If i had children in the future i would not be able to tell them what i was proud of during the pandemic.

Then i made a list about the behaviours I ashamed of during the pandemic
- Piers Morgan being an aggressive supporter of lockdowns , constantly criticising people on his show for not wearing a mask but he himself was caught not wearing a mask in public
He has become so arrogant in his show.
- People being rude and abusive towards disabled people and other people for not wearing the mask in public
- Neil ferguson caught with his trousers down while demanding we stay at home and not see family and friends
-Self centred celebrities and famous people making the pandemic about them. I used to the example of Michelle Obama. I am black female and really used to admire her.
Personally i am getting sick amd and tired of wealthy people and celebrities talking about mental health.
I am sorry but people like her ( Michelle)can get help for thier depression but many others will not. Many people with mental illness also face discrimination and society does more to exclude people with mental health problems than include.

Wealthy people dont live in our world and understand how ordinary people. They live in a bubble. I do feel sorry for anyone suffering depression but rich people talking about mental health in their large houses is so nauseating. That is me

- i aslo criticised blacks lives matter movement and expressed scepticism of the movement here is my quote

"The people supporting black lives matter genuinely care about racial justice and equality but I believe they are being used as pawns in someones agenda.

We keep hearing all these conversations about race on the TV, celebrities, corporations but i have been asking myself who is benefit is this for?"
"Some one is profiting from all this"
"While we are too busy fighting over statues , race the government are passing laws and making decisions which dont benefit the majority and harming us all "

Then i received a lot of abuse from a black woman on reddit.
She told me to go ahead and kill myself.
She called me a "self hating black woman" and compared me to candace Owens. I dont like candace Owens so that is an insult.

She told me to learn about black lives matter and to get involved" I wouldn't have time to feel sorry for myself."

The abuse was endless which more long rant ridden posts she left on my thread.

I looked at the woman profile posts and she constantly goes on about mental health, how the lockdown harming peoples mental health and she is upset she cant meet men etc
She is also 41 year old single mum. She called teachers lazy for not coming in to school because they fear covid19. She compared covid to the flu.

This is not the first time i have experienced mental advocates/campaigners acting as total bullies and awful people.
I mentioned before how i got banned from a depression forum and the women on the forum were attacking my views etc.

I am just noticing more and more people who claim to care about mental health are actually the biggest bullies and not very nice people.

My step dad doesn't really care a lot about mental health but he is actually a nice guy who has been more of a father to me than my real dad.

My mum doesn't care a lot about mental health and is not interested in this stuff but my mum has worked hard all her life so i can be provided for
hunny I agree with everything you said here. I'm behind you 100%
You've took the words out of mymouth.
PM me if you need a friend who agrees with you implicitly xxxxxx

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie and FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I mentioned in previous threads i am leaving the forum for while . I will post a couple comments and then stop after Sunday.

Thank you so much for your comments and I am glad to see I am not the only one who has noticed that some mental advocates are actually the biggest bullies. It is quite worrying actually.

The same woman who attacked me on reddit the more I found her posts the more disturbed I was
•She is a 41 year old single mum. This shocked me because if someone builled her children online like she did with me she wouldn't be happy.
• She constantly attacks teachers refusing to go in to work due to covid concerns. She calls them lazy. Teachers have families to go it is not fair on them. My mum friend is a teacher and she got covid from the school. Her whole household ended up getting infected with covid19.
It is all intertwined some people cant see how.
• She said she wanted to be therapist

It is worrying because if psychology has such hate filled people working in these professions then mentally ill will never get better. I would always hear stories of people who seek help for mental illness but end up getting worse. I used to be confused why this happened. Now i can see why.

Here is another example of how mental health advocates are actually not actually nice people.

In the UK there is psychologist called Emma Kenny. She appears on UK tv shows like this morning and British crime documentaries. She is critical of lockdown measures.

She openly admitted she will ignore the UK government rules against households mixing .

Covid19 is not a joke people have died and people who survived it are still suffering from the effects of the virus.
Anyone can die of covid19 it is not just elderly people. Yes most deaths are over 50+
Young people have died of covid19 especially those working in the NHS. Recently in the UK a 25 year old NHS worker died from covid19.

This is very irresponsible what she is doing and a psychologist she should know better.
Her Twitter page is quite worrying due some of the views she has.
Everyone is entitled to their views.
In one a Twitter topic someone brought up that NHS nurses and doctors who working have been frontline dealing with covid patients have been reporting symptoms of PTSD and depression.
One her Twitter page in a deleted tweet
She said the medics chose to work there and questioned why we should feel sorry for them.
See tweet below it
It was wrong what she said was because the hospital is not a war zone.
The hospital is a place where people are meant to feel safe
Doctors suffering pstd is very worrying and should concern us all.
It shows the true scale how of bad the pandemic is.
She talks about suicide happening in lockdown.
In one of her tweets she shared a story of how one her teenage sons friends committed suicide in lockdown .
She has thousands of Twitter followers and I dont think she should be sharing such information and linking it to the lockdown.

Lockdowns have had terrible impact on some people mental health which cant be ignored

Suicide is so complex and only the individual knows why they are choosing to end thier own lives.

When it comes to suicide / mental health of young people especially teenagers a lot of parents dont want to listen.
Some families hide children mental health problems .

Boys are encouraged to be strong which can be too much pressure for teenage boys.

Anyway so many examples of mental health advocates being the biggest bullies and not being a nice people.
Sounds like people being people and not being empathetic as usual. Reddit especially breeds assholery and the voting system emboldens people to be bigger assholes
Imgonnabie
I am open minded and quite controversial in my views so I have attacked by arseholes on reddit both women and men.

Last edited:
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Thank you for sharing this, you are spot on about a lot.

Mental health "advocates" are not what they used to be, the movement was taken by people who need to present themselves in a positive light regardless of what they really think about it, they are usually indifferent and use the message for reasons including self promotion, atonement for past wrongdoings or just plain attention seeking in a painfully obvious narcissistic way, saying that you have depression or other trendy mental health issue (almost always self diagnosed) is now a badge of honor and a way to convince people that you are a victim regardless of what you did in the past. reddit is specially bad about this, but it goes above and beyond that shitty page.

This is similar to other social causes that you mention, many people use the black lives matter slogan to promote themselves, and if people really think that they actually give a fuck about black people and their struggle, then I invite them to visit their official shop, where you can buy 40+ dollar t-shirts or 30 dollar beanies, it's so enraging the way the promote it, JOIN THE MOVEMENT, BUY THIS OVERPRICED SHIT, death to consumerism btw .also, get lectured about gender in the process.

It's funny, because big tech, big corpo, and many sleazy politicians and celebrities latch themselves to these causes, and these are the most unapologetically evil people in the world. it baffles me that some people truly believe that they do it because of selfless reasons, when corporate and political abuse is something so thoroughly documented.

It's the same with lgbt, the pandemic and any "positive" social cause that turned to pure rot because of these people, and the worst part is that you'll face an uphill battle if you want to discuss these issues in a serious way.
Fragile
Exactly you are right.

The reason why the world is so messed up is because people are not fighting for what is right and just.

There many good people in the world who genuinely care about social injustices but there is many people who are apathetic or use social issues as a platform for thier own self promotion.

When I was at university there is an international womens day event. I attended out of curiosity. The people at the event where very lovely people and i enjoyed myself. We were talking about the me too movement.
I said at the event "I think it is so sad society is talking about sexual harassment just because some ladies slept with a fat man for a role in a movie "
People in the room laughed and actually agreed.

When the me too movement started I had a feeling it will be a trend that will die down . I told my grandmother " It is not fair this movement and the hype will die down eventually but many ordinary women will still be facing sexual harassment or assault and we will never see justice "
I was right. Me too has died down gradually.
The me too movement expected people to believe womens stories of sexual harassment or assault. Remember the whole believe the victim narrative.

When joe Biden was running for president he had various allegations of sexual harassment made against him. The same me too movement figures still campaigned for him and encouraged others to vote for him.
The whole believe the victim principle was forgotten.

If anyone is accused of sexual harassment or sexual assault they shouldn't be allowed to run for office until the allegation is proven or disaproven
When brett kavanugh was accused of sexual assault by dr ford . I believe the supreme court appointment hearings should have been suspended and the allegations investigated fully.

When it comes to mental health advocates i am shocked to see how some mental health advocates can be such horrible people.

When i used to be a member of a depression forum called dealing with depression some of women on the forum where just horrible.
I mentioned on the forum as truthfully as possible that sometimes i wished I died of covid19 because I don't really deserve to be alive in this world. I talked about how the doctors and nurses had so much to live for ie they were married and had children.

I dont have much to live for. I dont have a husband or children. I am an unemployed loser who doesn't know her true place or purpose in this world.
This is how i genuinely feel . I wish i didnt feel this way and cant tell people. I was expecting to feel safe on a depression site.

The administrator of the site she attacked me for saying this and she said my comments are "insulting " and she talked about how she has been shielding during the pandemic.
Another site member she was the biggest bully and she criticised me on the site
She brought up about her cousin died of covid19 and didn't get to say goodbye. She called me " selfish " and said i didn't "understand "what i was talking about
She is in her 40s and also she said " I wish I was young, had a law degree and a caring family "
She attacked me on the site and all the site members sided with her. I end up being accused of attacking her.

The administratior of the site she had postnatal depression in all 3 pregnancies. Her husband wanted her to abort the 3rd baby and woman chose to keep the baby. She went through the pregnancy alone. She mentions how the husband has been neglecting the children and even said her husband wasn't sure if he loved her.

The other site member who attacked me she made a thread about how no one in her family cares for her and how she wants someone to care for her.
These women went through so much in thier lives but actually horrible and unwilling to listen to narratives/beliefs that differ from their own.

If cant feel safe in a depression forum then i cant be safe anywhere.
Then i began to understand people don't actually talk about thier true feelings.
hunny I agree with everything you said here. I'm behind you 100%
You've took the words out of mymouth.
PM me if you need a friend who agrees with you implicitly xxxxxx
BlackPoppet
Thanks
I used to member of a depression forum called dealing with depression. The website is an online forum meant to be supporting people with depression and people sharing their experience of depression. People on the site openly talked about thier suicide attempts . The site mainly has members over 30 and a mix of men and women.

On the site i mentioned sometimes I wish I died of covid19 because I don't deserve to alive in this world. I wish I didn't feel this way.

The doctors and nurses had so much to live for they had families and a place in the world.
I don't know my place in this world and my life is just a failure. I don't deserve to be alive. I explained this in my post on the online forum.

The administrator of the site said my comments were "insulting" and lectured me about how during the pandemic she has been shielding.
The same administratior of the site she experienced postnatal depression in all 3 pregnancies. Her husband told her to abort her 3 child. She refused to and went ahead of the pregnancy alone. The same husband has anxiety and was neglectful of the children in the past. Her husband in the past even said he was not sure if he loves his wife.
The woman used to be a music teacher but had to stop work due to disability.
She mentioned her life story in one of her threads.
She active in the whole Facebook mental health groups etc.
I pointed out to the same woman mental health campaigns by celebrities are actually patronising because there is no help for mental health. I talked about how mental health services in my own area are appalling and hard to acesss.

She didn't want to listen and was smug as hell in her comments.
She praises how mental health charities exist. I am sorry but charities should Not be dealing with mental health. She didn't want to listen at all.

Another member of the site she talked about how her cousin died of covid19 and how i didn't understand what i was talking about.
She constantly attacked me on the site and others joined in with her. I end up being accused of being horrible towards her .

She even said to me " I wish I was young , had a law degree and a caring family" the bitterness in her post i felt it
This same woman made a thread about how no one in her family cares for her, how she is lonely etc

These women went through so much in their lives but are actually horrible and bitter women who refuse to listen to opinions which differ from thier own or make them uncomfortable.

I know my comments can be controversial and maybe sometimes unfair and extreme.

If i can't feel safe with my own thoughts in a depression forum then i cant feel safe anywhere.

In fact that experience on the forum has shown me some people who preach about mental health are actually the biggest bullies and dysfunctional individuals.
There people working as mental health nurses, psychiatrists, therapists etc that are horrible people .

It is not surprising some people who seek mental health care and go through the mental health system end up a lot worse.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fragile