• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Sorry this is rather trivial. I've just burnt the bottom of a metal pot (steel, I suppose) and would like to ask if anybody knows if anything can be done about it.

I don't want them to go into a rage thinking I always ruin their lives triggered by this.

Reactions: oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Is it an expensive steel pot or heirloom? Honestly for the cost of materials and chemicals and effort to even try properly you can probably get a new pot (or used one at a thrift shop) if its a cheapie. If you are into fixing things and just want the experience by all means, Some steel wool and oven cleaner spray/other abrasive or noxious chemicals and some elbow grease will do something, but some things like that are a cost/benefit situation. Nonsense internet methods like baking soda or whatever never work. You'd need some harsh chemical and a lot of work.

That said if this is someone's pot and you are worried about it...just talk to them...maybe they don't care, maybe they are fine with a cheap replacement, not worth fussing until you know. It's just a hunk of metal.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Donewith_, k75 and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Is it an expensive steel pot or heirloom? Honestly for the cost of materials and chemicals and effort to even try properly you can probably get a new pot (or used one at a thrift shop) if its a cheapie. If you are into fixing things and just want the experience by all means, Some steel wool and oven cleaner spray/other abrasive or noxious chemicals and some elbow grease will do something, but some things like that are a cost/benefit situation. Nonsense internet methods like baking soda or whatever never work. You'd need some harsh chemical and a lot of work.

That said if this is someone's pot and you are worried about it...just talk to them...maybe they don't care, maybe they are fine with a cheap replacement, not worth fussing until you know.

Thank you so much! I don't think it's special, but they are very triggered but anything I 'ruin', so I wanted to try. I'll see if I have some materials in the house.

They don't do talking, would just hate me without saying anything. It is not about the pot, but about me having anything to do with anything...

Reactions: Donewith_ and oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Thank you so much! I don't think it's special, but they are very triggered but anything I 'ruin', so I wanted to try. I'll see if I have some materials in the house.

They don't do talking, would just hate me without saying anything. It is not about the pot, but about me having anything to do with anything...

I get it. Everything that sucks for them is your fault because you are an easy target. Been there. If you want to give it a go you need some steel wool, some cleaner like oven cleaner spray or something like Barkeeper's Friend which is mainly oxalic acid or other such abrasive metal cleaner, some gloves, and lots of scrubbing. Don't splash it in your eyes, goggles are not a bad idea. Apply, scrub, rinse. Over and over until its the best it can get.

• Love
Reactions: k75 and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I get it. Everything that sucks for them is your fault because you are an easy target. Been there. If you want to give it a go you need some steel wool, some cleaner like oven cleaner spray or something like Barkeeper's Friend which is mainly oxalic acid or other such abrasive metal cleaner, some gloves, and lots of scrubbing. Apply, scrub, rinse. Over and over until its the best it can get.

Thank you for being so ready with help. :) Great not to be alone.

Reactions: azucaramargo and oopswronglife
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
You can also try soaking it in hot water and scrubbing with a baking soda paste. Might need some elbow grease, but it usually works for cheap. Those flat green scouring pads are great for this sort of chore.

Last edited:
Reactions: azucaramargo and Temporarilyabsurd
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
You can also try soaking it in hot water and scrubbing with a baking soda paste. Might need some elbow grease, but it usually works for cheap. Those flat green scouring pads are great for this sort of chore.

Thank you so much! :)

Reactions: Baskol1
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
You can also scrub with salt, which can be very abrasive. I use that method to clean iron skillets, and it works well.

I think any of the methods mentioned in this thread will work wonderfully, but I figured I'd keep tossing out ideas. That way, you're bound to have something you can try available already.

I'm used to cleaning scorch marks from steel cookware. LOL

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, Baskol1 and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
You can also scrub with salt, which can be very abrasive. I use that method to clean iron skillets, and it works well.

I think any of the methods mentioned in this thread will work wonderfully, but I figured I'd keep tossing out ideas. That way, you're bound to have something you can try available already.

I'm used to cleaning scorch marks from steel cookware. LOL

It's good to have different methods. :) Thank you and hugs

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, Baskol1 and k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Good luck!!

• Love
Reactions: Baskol1 and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
To update and thank: I've managed it with your suggestions and some elbow grease. :)

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, Donewith_, k75 and 2 others
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
To update and thank: I've managed it with your suggestions and some elbow grease. :)

Good news. Can't have been burned badly if it came off that easy. I imagined a blackened bottom crust. Sorry if I suggested overkill.

Reactions: azucaramargo and Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Good news. Can't have been burned badly if it came off that easy. I imagined a blackened bottom crust. Sorry if I suggested overkill.

I could not judge how bad it was either, so I did not give enough information. :) It's wonderful that I had help immediately. Would've been fretting something dreadful otherwise.

Reactions: azucaramargo, Baskol1, Donewith_ and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018

This sounds SO MUCH like my effing parents, whom I despise and rely upon simultaneously.

Reactions: Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
This sounds SO MUCH like my effing parents, whom I despise and rely upon simultaneously.

I'm sorry you have the same, and fuck them! This is my ex partner, and soon I will ruin their house by dying in it if I am competent and lucky. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: memento_mori, azucaramargo, k75 and 1 other person