sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
Today has been pretty crappy, but I have some good news finally. I turned 18 recently which means that a variety of job opportunities just landed at my feet. I am staying at a motel with my mom at the moment because we don't have a home. This motel is hiring. They just fired someone a couple of weeks ago, and don't have a lot of people to take the night shift, so I applied. I feel like I might get the job, but if I don't, I have more opportunities. I hope getting a job and some decent pay might make me feel better. If this motel job doesn't work, I might apply for some gas stations in the area or another motel since every motel is hiring.

I was originally looking at remote jobs, but I learned after a lot of searching that they pay horribly and a lot of them are scams.

I still feel like crap every day, but if I get a job, rent a place, and become financially stable, I will feel a little better and not as stressed.

Oh, and I also have been working on social skills. I always make my mom come with me to stores, but lately, I have been going into aisles at stores by myself. I even asked someone for help yesterday and talked to one of the motel workers about work. I even called my school today to make sure I was enrolled and called an apartment complex for information on a studio apartment. I also talked to a hairstylist a couple of days ago and started a conversation. I hope these milestones make my mom feel a little better about me moving out and becoming independent.

• Hugs
Reactions: fedupwithlife and HighFlight
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Congrats on all the progress! This really is good news and something you can continue to build on. Unfortunately, there will be some hard days ahead. When that happens, remember how you feel right now. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: sometimes.sometimes
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I know what that feels like to finally build up the confidence to actually talk to people. Feels good to realize socializing isn't life or death, even if you mess up horribly it doesn't matter