N

nobody96

Aug 3, 2023
I just really can't do it anymore. I've racked up failure after failure in my life. My relationships are in the process of getting messed up. I obsess over suicide to the point i can just imagine it for 3 hours straight. I try to study and get a better life. But i just really don't see the point and it's all just so painful. How do you even start on your process to recovery? I already have therapy. It's not working.

• Hugs
Reactions: pole
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Sometimes depression can hit you like a funnel where every doubt and feeling of hopelessness you had in your life hits you all at once. If this happens in conjunction with questioning life assumptions (such as go to college and get a better life), it can really amplify things.

There are things in life that set you on a certain trajectory. We can sometimes not recognize that the path itself is at fault and not so much the particular negative encounters we can have. For example, jumping into a relationship can tie you to someone who can bring more pain into your life than pleasure. For this reason being more selective can be beneficial. Sometimes the process of learning about yourself and others is aided by bad experiences, it is usually easier to learn through the experiences of others.

Sometimes a change of environment is sufficient to step out of a life trajectory that seems to be suffocating. One might switch to a different school. One could also do something extreme like taking off a few years and joining the Army. You could find strnage people yelling at you for three years and sending you to strnage places to do strange things. When you got out, you might find you have developed the ability to deal with strange things or even acquired skills that have a market value.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I already have therapy. It's not working.
Do you or your therapist already have an idea what causes your mental problem? Unless you know what triggers them therapy and/or meds will not work. Mental problems can only be fixed if the source that triggers them can be eliminated and the earlier this is done the higher the chances to get better. I hope for you that you can find a way to recover!

Reactions: carac
N

nobody96

Aug 3, 2023
Sometimes depression can hit you like a funnel where every doubt and feeling of hopelessness you had in your life hits you all at once. If this happens in conjunction with questioning life assumptions (such as go to college and get a better life), it can really amplify things.

There are things in life that set you on a certain trajectory. We can sometimes not recognize that the path itself is at fault and not so much the particular negative encounters we can have. For example, jumping into a relationship can tie you to someone who can bring more pain into your life than pleasure. For this reason being more selective can be beneficial. Sometimes the process of learning about yourself and others is aided by bad experiences, it is usually easier to learn through the experiences of others.

Sometimes a change of environment is sufficient to step out of a life trajectory that seems to be suffocating. One might switch to a different school. One could also do something extreme like taking off a few years and joining the Army. You could find strnage people yelling at you for three years and sending you to strnage places to do strange things. When you got out, you might find you have developed the ability to deal with strange things or even acquired skills that have a market value.
Feel like going into the army really. But i am a high functioning schizophrenic so there really isn't a place for me there.

N

nobody96

Aug 3, 2023
Do you or your therapist already have an idea what causes your mental problem? Unless you know what triggers them therapy and/or meds will not work. Mental problems can only be fixed if the source that triggers them can be eliminated and the earlier this is done the higher the chances to get better. I hope for you that you can find a way to recover!
I'm a high functioning schizophrenic, with a lot of addons. Not going to go into details. But I always fear people are following me, my delusions, even though I am supposed to know they are delusions, are chronic. I've never had Cognitive behavioural therapy for my suicidal thoughts. I might try that.

T

turkishsweet

Aug 12, 2023
I don't know what you're dealing with and I imagine it is hard. If it's any consolation, I'm glad you are here. It's easy for me to say, but get the basics down. Exercise and diet. It sounds cliché and hard when you're in a rut, but we must cover all bases. Try to experiment with different types of therapy, I saw you're considering CBT. That may be good for you. Some other options include psychodynamic therapy and EMDR. Experiment with a bunch of medications but please be responsible and consult a caring doctor. Don't go ham with them, it can make things worse.