termite

termite

Jun 12, 2022
I've been trying so hard to take my time and convince myself im being rash. i just dont know anymore.. im hopping from house to house, i have no time to focus on what i truly love in life, art, and i see no future where i can make a living off of it. my life seems ok but im so unhappy. having a partner just makes things worse. i just want to go on a walk into the woods and die starving doing what i love, drawing in my sketchbook on chilly autumn days. i applied to an art college before i found out i'd have to be moving again so soon and its drained me of any hope. i keep ignoring their calls. i really thought i would be happy here. but i screwed everything up. i'll be moving in with another one of my friends soon but i feel guilty. even though she loves me i hate myself for it and i wish i could just live on my own terms.

Attachments

• b738-z0w63Laqb6hW.png
    b738-z0w63Laqb6hW.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ipmanwc0 and MourningDove
Iva

Iva

Student
Mar 4, 2023
is that your artwork there? It looks amazing. Maybe you can try to find some commission work since you move around a lot. you could do like $20 black and white headshot, $25 color headshot, $40 for a bust in black and white, $45 for a bust in color and $80 for a full body sketch, $95 for a full body, fully colored, fully shaded character. For that style of art, I would pay around that price-- entry level. You can increase the pricing once the demand for your work increases.
you can still make a career off of your art. I think the one thing missing from a lot of people's lives is the fulfillment of doing something they love. A lot of great actors are pumping gas right now. A lot of great chefs are washing cars. A lot of great teachers are waiting tables. So many people out there not following their passions in life because of the circumstances around them and that is what saddens me to my core.

Reactions: termite and Enlighten
termite

termite

Jun 12, 2022
is that your artwork there? It looks amazing. Maybe you can try to find some commission work since you move around a lot. you could do like $20 black and white headshot, $25 color headshot, $40 for a bust in black and white, $45 for a bust in color and $80 for a full body sketch, $95 for a full body, fully colored, fully shaded character. For that style of art, I would pay around that price-- entry level. You can increase the pricing once the demand for your work increases.
you can still make a career off of your art. I think the one thing missing from a lot of people's lives is the fulfillment of doing something they love. A lot of great actors are pumping gas right now. A lot of great chefs are washing cars. A lot of great teachers are waiting tables. So many people out there not following their passions in life because of the circumstances around them and that is what saddens me to my core.
its not my art, its from an anime, but i could show some examples of my art if you'd like

Attachments

• maeina.png
    maeina.png
    415 KB · Views: 0