C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Hey,
How long is your sn good for? Let's say someone wants to kill themselves with 20 year old SN, would it work? The salt oxidizes to nitrate over time.
Is there some method of checking the purity of your sn at home?

Reactions: Didymus and Tiburcio
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
It should have an almost infinite shelf life, if it's kept in an airtight container away from heat. You shouldn't have a problem with it changing to Nitrate as long as you don't expose it to air and keep it in the container until you're ready to use it. I don't know how you would check the purity of it.

Reactions: Kta1994
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
It should have an almost infinite shelf life, if it's kept in an airtight container away from heat. You shouldn't have a problem with it changing to Nitrate as long as you don't expose it to air and keep it in the container until you're ready to use it. I don't know how you would check the purity of it.
What if you open it up for a minute just to grab a small sample to test and then close it back up? Would that create any problems?

JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
What if you open it up for a minute just to grab a small sample to test and then close it back up? Would that create any problems?
That should be fine. I've read of people on here taking a peak/sample. I think it would take hours before it would change to Nitrate.