suicidalstrawbabie

suicidalstrawbabie

Jul 6, 2020
Hey! I just ordered from a place since the other wasn't available at the time. It's
this
. It finally arrived to my middleman (have to ship it to Canada where there's restrictions on it) and it refers to it on the website as sodium chlorate?

I'm just confused and worried, I guess. I did my best to research, but I really don't know too much about this stuff. It's my first time using a forwarding service as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
That's weird, do u have it with you already? You could show us pictures or try testing it with the blood test or probably more suitable-aquarium test. I looked them up and they're pretty expensive tho, more expensive then the SN itself:/

Reactions: Eternity04
suicidalstrawbabie

suicidalstrawbabie

Jul 6, 2020
That's weird, do u have it with you already? You could show us pictures or try testing it with the blood test or probably more suitable-aquarium test. I looked them up and they're pretty expensive tho, more expensive then the SN itself:/
I don't, no. It's with the forwarding service right now.

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Do you mean that it's listed as sodium chlorate on the forwarding service's website? Do you think it could be an error on their part? Once you're actually looking at it, it should be pretty obvious what it actually is by the packaging. That brand of SN seems to be legit based on the reviews & questions answered on its page.

I did a quick search for "sodium chlorate", and "NaClO₃" on Amazon and it doesn't look like they list or sell it.

Reactions: incognito
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I wonder if they labelled it that in error or to get through without suspicion?
Sorry that's written badly but you know what I mean

suicidalstrawbabie

suicidalstrawbabie

Jul 6, 2020
Do you mean that it's listed as sodium chlorate on the forwarding service's website? Do you think it could be an error on their part? Once you're actually looking at it, it should be pretty obvious what it actually is by the packaging. That brand of SN seems to be legit based on the reviews & questions answered on its page.

I did a quick search for "sodium chlorate", and "NaClO₃" on Amazon and it doesn't look like they list or sell it.
Good point! I'll ship it and see.

• Hugs
Reactions: nerve
suicidalstrawbabie

suicidalstrawbabie

Jul 6, 2020
UPDATE: the forwarding service says I received a package containing dangerous goods, and I have to change my shipping method or my address?

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Nymph, MsMaudlin and checkouttime
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Explain how you are making gourmet sausages or something

Reactions: Paralyzed boy and Disco Biscuit
Gizamaluke

Gizamaluke

Apr 11, 2020
When I used the forwarding service, they mislabeled the package as 'Sodium NitrAte', which is an easy error to make. Mislabeling it Sodium Chlorate seems a bit weird, double check your order.
Also, if you used the same one as I did, they post pictures of the package so you can check those as well.

suicidalstrawbabie

suicidalstrawbabie

Jul 6, 2020
When I used the forwarding service, they mislabeled the package as 'Sodium NitrAte', which is an easy error to make. Mislabeling it Sodium Chlorate seems a bit weird, double check your order.
Also, if you used the same one as I did, they post pictures of the package so you can check those as well.
They did, but I can't read labels on the package.

V

VexRal

Jul 9, 2020

how would the packaging look like with chemicals? I'm worried if my landlady might notice any red flags or something. Do you think i could get it delivered to a post office instead?

Gizamaluke

Gizamaluke

Apr 11, 2020
how would the packaging look like with chemicals? I'm worried if my landlady might notice any red flags or something. Do you think i could get it delivered to a post office instead?

My package that got labeled "sodium nitrate" had a bunch of warning stickers on it and a dangerous goods declaration form taped on it. I don't know if its the same for sodium nitrite. I did however receive 2 packages from Ukraine sellers that had no warnings on it.

The one from the US was shipped with fedex and they told me they don't deliver to post offices, only to residents and someone had to be there to answer. I opted to go pick it up myself at their distribution center instead.

Reactions: VexRal
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
UPDATE: the forwarding service says I received a package containing dangerous goods, and I have to change my shipping method or my address?

hey, dangerous goods can usually be shipped via DHLand FedEx but not other courriers.
Could you please PM memwhich forwarding company was concerned by your post ? for confirmation. Thanks