P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
I put my dog to sleep yesterday and I'm crushed. I just want to die. He was my everything, he basically got me through years of depression. For years I wanted to die and last year I had a glimmer of hope. But now I feel tremendous guilt that maybe I didn't do enough for him and it's killing me. I think it's something that's going to eat at me and I just want to end it.
My question is, is sodium nitrate what people use or is it sodium nitrite? I purchased sodium nitrate a couple of years ago and I still have it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Deleted member 31858 and CasTheFriendlyGhost
farine_de_ble

farine_de_ble

I wish everyone the peace they're searching for
Dec 21, 2023
It's sodium nitrite, as far as I know, sodium nitrate doesn't do much. Sodium nitrate is much easier to procure

Reactions: prbreese01
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I really fear the day my cat will start his last sleep.

It's sodium nitrite.

Never try with sodium nitrate. It'll not kill you, only harm you.

• Hugs
Reactions: voidstar and prbreese01
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
Sodium azide is another ctb option that works similiar to sodium nitrite.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36 and prbreese01
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
Make sure its Nitrite, Nitrate is a different thing, don't use it.

Reactions: prbreese01
amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
Is it? Would love to hear more info on this. SN isn't banned in the US yet but I live in a state where our local legislature have plugged the hole already. Especially would love to know whether it can be made bearable enough to drink or not and if so how much of it.

CasTheFriendlyGhost

CasTheFriendlyGhost

call me Caspar
Jan 5, 2024
I put my dog to sleep yesterday and I'm crushed. I just want to die. He was my everything, he basically got me through years of depression. For years I wanted to die and last year I had a glimmer of hope. But now I feel tremendous guilt that maybe I didn't do enough for him and it's killing me. I think it's something that's going to eat at me and I just want to end it.
My question is, is sodium nitrate what people use or is it sodium nitrite? I purchased sodium nitrate a couple of years ago and I still have it.
hey i'm very sorry for your terrible loss.

i think the decision to ctb should be made in cold blood after careful consideration and not on the wake of a tragedy. i sympathize with your wish to end it all now, but if the glimmer of hope was still there, you probably wouldn't see it now. that being said, i respect your right to make this choice.

i wish you the best.

Reactions: PoorYorick, voidstar and Neptunette
P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
hey i'm very sorry for your terrible loss.

i think the decision to ctb should be made in cold blood after careful consideration and not on the wake of a tragedy. i sympathize with your wish to end it all now, but if the glimmer of hope was still there, you probably wouldn't see it now. that being said, i respect your right to make this choice.

i wish you the best.
Thank you. Right now I just feel like I was fooling myself into thinking I might enjoy living. But now since the loss of my Henry, I just think it might be time for me. Besides him, I don't feel like I have any true connections with anyone. I haven't used the word "love" to describe anything or anyone except my dog in the past 10 years. I think that says a lot about how worthless my life is.
Is there a place where I can find the steps to use this?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CasTheFriendlyGhost
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
Is it? Would love to hear more info on this. SN isn't banned in the US yet but I live in a state where our local legislature have plugged the hole already. Especially would love to know whether it can be made bearable enough to drink or not and if so how much of it.

Reactions: amaluuk
P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
Thank you. Right now I just feel like I was fooling myself into thinking I might enjoy living. But now since the loss of my Henry, I just think it might be time for me. Besides him, I don't feel like I have any true connections with anyone. I haven't used the word "love" to describe anything or anyone except my dog in the past 10 years. I think that says a lot about how worthless my life is.

Is there a place where I can find the steps to use this?
I looked. This doesn't seem like the right option for me. Could a gas fireplace work?

U

Umacon

Jan 20, 2024
Sodium Nitrite - Nano2 not Nitrate (NaNo3)

C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
nitrite. heres some shitty facts - for SN ld50 is 180 mg/kg, so 14.4g for 80kg person; for sodium nitrAte ld50 is 3236 mg/kg, so 258.88g for 80kg person. you wouldnt be able to gulp all that down and even then theres 50/50 that you would die from that amount of nitrate, so dont mix them up.