MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Instagram is full of happy people.
People post about their vacation, graduation , job promotion, new college life, wedding, hanging out with friends, playing sports etc .
Whatever the occasion maybe, they are happy and successful AF (touch wood).
Meanwhile my years (forget about weeks) are nothing but dread , loneliness and dwindling health .

I am reminded of this stark contrast whenever I check my socials , making it difficult to login in the first place .

Now people do say , they are not really that happy, they are putting only their happiest memories forward on social media . That's true, but at least they are having a great time , some of the time (let's say once in a week) . Even on regularly days I bet 99% of them don't have it as bad as many of us on SaSu.

Anybody else find it difficult to login because of this contrast ? What are your thoughts on the matter ?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: annointed_towers, snowcloud9, Immensevoid and 8 others
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Instagram is full of happy people.
People post about their vacation, graduation , job promotion, new college life, wedding, hanging out with friends, playing sports etc .
Whatever the occasion maybe, they are happy and successful AF (touch wood).
Meanwhile my years (forget about weeks) are nothing but dread , loneliness and dwindling health .

I am reminded of this stark contrast whenever I check my socials , making it difficult to login in the first place .

Now people do say , they are not really that happy, they are putting only their happiest memories forward on social media . That's true, but at least they are having a great time , some of the time (let's say once in a week) . Even on regularly days I bet 99% of them don't have it as bad as many of us on SaSu.

Anybody else find it difficult to login because of this contrast ? What are your thoughts on the matter ?
Today I had the idea for the thread this forum might be the opposite to instagram. An anti-instagram. But my personal hellhole will be the topic instead this evening.
On here the people are real, uncensored, showing their despair, there are no superficial pictures. You don't want or need to pretend you had no sorrows or worries.

So I think it is a compliment for this website.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, Immensevoid, EternalShore and 1 other person
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Those people only post their supposed life because they want to make a good impression and feel like famous people.
It's obvious that they won't talk about their problems and how things are going wrong in their lives.

For example, I have photos of trips I've taken, but people don't know that I actually had bad experiences. I have photos from college, but people don't know that I dropped out of college due to my impulsiveness and depression.

Social media has become complete garbage.

Social media has radically changed society, hooking the younger generations into following new trends and brainwashing them, only to create nonsense conflicts in the end.

The social network I used the most was Facebook, and I used it simply because I wanted to talk to friends, but later on, when I became a loner, I preferred to delete my account because it honestly annoyed me to see people showing off their fake lives and posting ridiculous things.

The worst part of this was that when I was in college, the professors forced us to have a Facebook account to "stay informed," when in reality, all I saw were a bunch of selfies from my classmates.

What I condemn the most in this world is social media.

We've reached a point where social media has become a cancer, and its only purpose is to make money.

I miss the days when I used to talk to my friends on the street or at school, instead of a silly social network...

How I miss those days when people didn't follow cringe internet trends...

How I miss when famous people created quality content instead of garbage just to make money like they do now...

How I miss when I could see funny things on social media, but now I have to go through thousands of ads to see an image...

I feel like I was born in the wrong era...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: peace_van, DeadlineDialer, MatrixPrisoner and 3 others
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
Fuck them. Fuck them all. Fuck their happiness and fuck their stupid privilege they didn't earn.

The people of SS are the ones who deserve those lives, not them.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain, ClaudeCTTE, avoid and 1 other person
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
yeahhh, I hate Instagram! :( I try to just navigate my way around the Internet in the way that promotes the least jealousy within me, hence SaSu! xD

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Immensevoid, Lostandlooking and MeltingBrain
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
I'm curious what you feel when you see posts like this. Personally I hate apps like Instagram or X. Sometimes I find them a necessary evil to keep up to date with news that's not otherwise covered. My most common emotion I feel on these aps is anger or frustration, enough to ruin hours of my time. Maybe its me

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, DeadlineDialer, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
My most common emotion I feel on these aps is anger or frustration, enough to ruin hours of my time. Maybe its me
Understandable , why that happens .
I'm curious what you feel when you see posts like this.
I feel happy for them and wish better things come their way . The contrast makes me despair my own life.

Reactions: Immensevoid
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
Social media is a facade 😂 Social media is a place where you can go and be anyone or anything you want to appear as, it doesn't make it true! I post on social media actually when I'm at my worst, you would never guess how bad I feel when I post, it's my outlet. So please don't feel bad, people lie all the time! Some may be true but for the most part it's a gross exaggeration of their life 👍

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking and MeltingBrain
Talles

Talles

Mar 3, 2023
I deactivated it all. The surprised faces when I announce it always pull a chuckle out of me.
Social media is responsible for destroying the mental health of millions of people around the world. Using it felt like being in high school again, like it was all a race for popularity and status .
If you have to use it for something work related or simply because you enjoy connecting with people that way I would recommend filtering your feed of everything that triggers a bad response on you. Maybe even blocking a few people on it.

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain, DeadlineDialer, Immensevoid and 1 other person
rabbitmalice56

rabbitmalice56

I ain't tryin' to live, pray I die
Sep 14, 2023
My instagram is just full of shitpost girlblog and maybe bpd memes and some self deprecating ones lol

• Yay!
Reactions: MeltingBrain and MatrixPrisoner
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
There's always the option to delete them. I haven't had facebook or instagram for years. Though I can imagine it can feel like quite a big step to take.

Like others have said: it's mostly a facade. But it still hurts to see the contrast. I prefer not to look at it. It feels like an alien world to me.

Reactions: MeltingBrain, MatrixPrisoner and Immensevoid
I

Immensevoid

Sep 10, 2023
I deactivated it over a month ago and I don't regret it. Social media like Instagram can create enormous suffering if you are already in an extremely difficult situation or for others various reasons.:heart:

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain, Lostandlooking and MatrixPrisoner
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
I used to be on all social media and used it to brag about my accomplishments and cool life. How I don't even log in anymore, it's too painful to me

• Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
Social Media is a known issue in modern society, many consider it to be the worst. We as humans and a society already have a slough of issues, and technology exacerbates it to an extreme extent. If it's any solace, all those happy people you see aren't truly happy. Much of it is a facade they put up to seem like they have it together, to "manifest" success and real happiness, to gain influence and popularity. Those same things you're experiencing, they're living once they put down their phone. It's the virtual equivalent of saying "good" when someone asks how you are. It's a new inescapable aspect of our society that isn't going away anytime soon. On the bright side, the internet allows us to have places like SaSu and any other similar forums out there or which may come to fruition.

Staying away from social media is the best advice I can give to any one of any age. If you really need a fix, use it to find a community you click with or to keep up with some creative outlets.

Reactions: MeltingBrain and Lostandlooking