Q

qhifwu4h5o

Jun 29, 2023
I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect category.

I struggle with really bad social anxiety, to the point where I am afraid of my own family members, avoid tasks such as going to classes, and isolate myself from others for long periods of time. It's one of the reasons I've been so reluctant to post on this form, posting at the moment because I feel like it's the one place I may be able to find someone to confide in. At the same time regularly switch between hating/loving my friends, and it pushes them away. I feel like I can't make up my mind between hating or liking others. There's times where I dislike loneliness and want to be engaged with others around me, but too afraid to interact due to rejection, while other times I just withdraw myself and enjoy being alone.

How do you guys deal with social anxiety? I'd love to hear feedback or other's experiences

• Hugs
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, Left, SmollMushroom and 1 other person
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I take meds that help with the anxiety. When I wasn't taking them, I had times where I couldn't open my house front door and get outside.
I still don't enjoy staying around people too much, but meds do helped me. I would suggest you to book an appointment with a psychiatrist and tell them more or less what you typed in here so you can have access to anxiolytics. I would also suggest you not to cut off any friend from your life because the older you get, the harder it is to make new ones. Try to find your balance between time you spend in company and time you spend alone.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and movinout17
Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
I relate heavily to what you have written. I'm just curious, how were you able to form friendships? Are these lifelong friendships? Has social anxiety been a lifetime occurrence or did it form after a specific traumatic event that you can remember? Also, how old are you (general range if comfortable)? Sorry, I'm just interested in learning more.

I take meds that help with the anxiety. When I wasn't taking them, I had times where I couldn't open my house front door and get outside.
I still don't enjoy staying around people too much, but meds do helped me. I would suggest you to book an appointment with a psychiatrist and tell them more or less what you typed in here so you can have access to anxiolytics. I would also suggest you not to cut off any friend from your life because the older you get, the harder it is to make new ones. Try to find your balance between time you spend in company and time you spend alone.
I believe OP is already involved with psychiatry, based on their post history.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I tend to isolate as much as I can but, when I have to be around people, I watch videos on social anxiety on YouTube to try and give me strength. Around this time last year, I was going for new jobs which terrified me. I'm going to have to do that again soon. I do relate, it's something that makes life so much harder. I don't really see friends now. Probably been 5, 10, 20 years for some. Family, I do but rarely- often a year between visits. I also worry about it but sometimes, it's fine when I get there. I think that's certainly a part of it- the thought of it is often worse than the actual experience- although- not always! Sorry- not much advice to help there but just to say- you aren't alone in being alone.