Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
I found this article about a guy who survived ingesting 2 tsp sn. I am assuming he did not take other meds like an AE. What he went through doesn't sound pleasant. I don't know why it's possible to find examples of people who die from sn who apparently did not take an AE, but then there's this guy. I doubt that many of us would want to go through this.

• Informative
Reactions: Circles, CloseFriendofCamus and sweet_oblivion
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
That is awful. He did have IBS to start with though.

Reactions: Doombox
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I found this article about a guy who survived ingesting 2 tsp sn. I am assuming he did not take other meds like an AE. What he went through doesn't sound pleasant. I don't know why it's possible to find examples of people who die from sn who apparently did not take an AE, but then there's this guy. I doubt that many of us would want to go through this.
This has been discussed numerous times in other threads he literally took it four days after the celebrity Matthew Mindler's death article was released. He did not follow the protocol or do it properly.

Last edited:
sueoffside

sueoffside

forget dbt and cbt i wanna ctb
Dec 11, 2019
grim but worst thing ab this was probably shitting himself, he didn't follow the guidelines :/ he didn't suffer brain damage or effects of that nature from failing so that's a small plus

Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
Already read it. Thanks for trying to scare us. Still doing the SN method.

• Yay!
Reactions: Source Energy, Sunset764, Iamchickenhat and 6 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
That just makes me want to stick around.

......lol no it does not.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sunset764, Glowarm, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
Velvet Fortress

Velvet Fortress

Dec 13, 2021
Yeah, I stumbled upon it after getting my SN this week.

"He complained of severe diffuse abdominal pain that was 8/10 in severity."

This is the part that gets me. It's hard for me to find AE and knowing things could get this bad if I throw up makes me want to go for another method like PH or just jumping off my balcony

Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
If this has been discussed in other threads then I missed it even after hours of reading. I've seen people wondering recently if they really need the AE with sn, and I thought this might be good information for them. I don't find information frightening.

Reactions: greencondo
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
Yeah, I stumbled upon it after getting my SN this week.

"He complained of severe diffuse abdominal pain that was 8/10 in severity."

This is the part that gets me. It's hard for me to find AE and knowing things could get this bad if I throw up makes me want to go for another method like PH or just jumping off my balcony
Me too. I have sn and no ae.

Reactions: aeri and Velvet Fortress
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
This is upsetting. I hate the idea that the same thing could happen to me. But I hate life enough that I think I'm willing to take that chance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, aeri, LastFlowers and 1 other person
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I still think the pre-existing bowel problem had a lot to do with it.

Reactions: ineedtoctb
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
I don't understand the mentality that the SN method is beyond reproach and any case studies (or those who share them) detailing unpleasant experiences should be shunned as fear-mongering. I would much rather we foster an environment where scientific method and analysis about suicide methods is welcomed. I'd much rather trust someone with a PhD than Barry from the corner shop who bought too much SN to make bacon with this season and fancies himself a bit of a black market entrepreneur. But I guess that's just me.

• Love
Reactions: OutOfThisBody, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, ☆AwaitingEntropy☆ and 4 others
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
This has been discussed numerous times in other threads he literally took it four days after the celebrity Matthew Mindler's death article was released. He did not follow the protocol or do it properly. We don't even know if he used water.

Reactions: rationaltake
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
We all need hope for a peaceful exit. SN seems to be the most convenient method out there.

Reactions: LastFlowers and Starylain001
sueoffside

sueoffside

Dec 11, 2019
I rly hope I'm not conscious if I shit my pants

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: self.destractive, LastFlowers, Shu and 1 other person
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Haha I said this but deleted my comment. I thought it would be inappropriate
Yeah but the thing is they doodoo their pants while they were unconscious but they woke up. I can't stand having poop in my pants. If I wake up (I wont) I'm running into traffic.

Reactions: sueoffside
sueoffside

sueoffside

Dec 11, 2019
Lmfao yes probably is inappropes but fck it and aye I don't think I would be able to cope waking up to that shit

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Lmfao yes probably is inappropes but fck it and aye I don't think I would be able to cope waking up to that shit
Feels. The guy probably didn't fast or anything.

• Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash and sueoffside
georgecostanza

georgecostanza

Mar 6, 2022
bowl release happens regularly upon death as muscles relax ... that means also the butt muscle. and i think that's the least to worry about

Reactions: DyingMiND
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
'retching' ugh

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It said he also used marijuana the same day.
I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Good to know.

Also, how on earth did he suddenly no longer have any 'suicidal ideation'?
He literally just made an attempt to kill himself..the report did not even say he claimed that, they stated it rather objectively.

I'm more disturbed by the fact that they were able to document his ordeal and how they went about obtaining consent, or if they even required it.
I certainly wouldn't want such a miserable failed attempt to be publicized, even if my identity was redacted.

Reactions: blue_muse
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
It said he also used marijuana the same day.
I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Good to know.

Also, how on earth did he suddenly no longer have any 'suicidal ideation'?
He literally just made an attempt to kill himself..the report did not even say he claimed that, they stated it rather objectively.

I'm more disturbed by the fact that they were able to document his ordeal and how they went about obtaining consent, or if they even required it.
I certainly wouldn't want such a miserable failed attempt to be publicized, even if my identity was redacted.
I doubt the weed had anything to do with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I doubt the weed had anything to do with it.
Surely it may be a possibility?
It can lead to nausea and vomiting, even in those who consistently use, as well as dehydration and all sorts of other side effects, which, combined with ingesting SN, who knows what sort of negative interaction could have occurred from the compounded substance use (of which both actually have some similar consequences to boot, hence maximizing one another in a possible "overkill").
They also did not mention the method of delivery either, whether it was inhaled or an edible, which would have been nice to know in order to reach more probable conclusions.

Last edited:
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Surely it may be a possibility?
It can lead to nausea and vomiting, even in those who consistently use, as well as dehydration and all sorts of other side effects, which, combined with ingesting SN, who knows what sort of negative interaction could have occurred from the compounded substance use (of which both actually have some similar consequences to boot, hence maximizing one another in a possible "overkill").
They also did not mention the method of delivery either, whether it was inhaled or an edible, which would have been nice to know in order to reach more probable conclusions.
If you read the article it happened 4 days after the Matthew Mindler article was posted. He probably didn't follow any steps. Probably had eaten. Didn't take any medication etc.

• Informative
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
If you read the article it happened 4 days after the Matthew Mindler article was posted. He probably didn't follow any steps. Probably had eaten. Didn't take any medication etc.
Yea, I meant a possible contributing factor, not necessarily that it was the only one.
I was just wondering also because many use weed or cbd as a sort of sedative and sleep aid and I think someone mentioned awhile back that they planned to use such as a substitute for what they were missing in the regimen, as a way to calm their nerves…Idk if that would be a bad idea or a viable option.

Reactions: Shu
☆AwaitingEntropy☆

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

Snuffing the Light Out
Nov 6, 2021
Honestly, I don't understand why case studies like this are fear mongering. It's important to understand what one is getting into, including any potential negative repercussions. Is there context I'm missing here?

• Hugs
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Honestly, I don't understand why case studies like this are fear mongering. It's important to understand what one is getting into, including any potential negative repercussions. Is there context I'm missing here?
I guess it all comes down to the intention of the person posting it, I agree we should all know what we're getting into, appreciate the risks, but after a certain point it just leads to some being caught in limbo where they're too frightened to move one way or the other.

Some use these case studies to inflict such a state on the already suffering.
Others promote the visibility of them because they want people to be informed on their method or because they want to solicit secondary input that may (or may not) assuage their own newfound fears.

Reactions: Judy Garland and ☆AwaitingEntropy☆
☆AwaitingEntropy☆

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

Snuffing the Light Out
Nov 6, 2021
I guess it all comes down to the intention of the person posting it, I agree we should all know what we're getting into, appreciate the risks, but after a certain point it just leads to some being caught in limbo where they're too frightened to move one way or the other.

Some use these case studies to inflict such a state on the already suffering.
Others promote the visibility of them because they want people to be informed on their method or because they want to solicit secondary input that may (or may not) assuage their own newfound fears.
Much appreciated! I was only thinking of the content within the article, rather than the intentions of those posting. Those are quite valid points, thank you for clarification!

• Love
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
It is an odorless, white crystalline powder that has been confused for table salt or granulated sugar
So where does the smell come from? Some members here testify they get nausea just by smelling the liquid

Last edited: