bloomingdark

bloomingdark

Alex
Jan 24, 2019
I feel plain, i feel like life has been sucked out of me , i feel constantly out of my body, now I am supposed to study, even though I am also losing my memory

I don't want interaction
I just want to sleep peacefully forever

It feels like life is an endless nightmare

I am expecting to free myself from it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Callie Arcale, Sensei, NodusTollens and 1 other person
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Just do your best....college is what you make of it
Looking back, being a senior now, I wish I did many things differently
If you are looking for any tips this is what I wish I did differently:

1) Don't try too hard to make friends: I did this and it made it harder for people to like me and I ended up annoying people

2) If you want to make friends, join clubs: find clubs with similar interests (sports club, academics, etc)

3) Know its ok to walk away if a club/friend is not serving you: I met some shitty people at my college and I wish that instead of trying to fit in where I wasn't welcomed I walked away. I would have been much happier.

4) In the off chance you experience abuse of any kind, go to the authorities: DO NOT report it to your school. I was a victim of sexual assault and my school did nothing about it. At the end of the day they only care about their reputation and will never help their students. So if you are ever victim of any form of abuse make a police report. Of course if you also choose not to that's totally fine. Everyone deals with trauma differently and so long as you are happy thats what counts. I never reported mine and although I should have, its done now.

5) Focus on your studies: Whatever class you take, make it a priority. Too much procrastinating will make the work pile up. I found exchanging numbers with peers helped me to retain information better.

6) Build a good relationship with your professors: I have been fortunate to have mostly good professors (and some meh ones). Your professors are there to help. If you are struggling reach out. Most will be happy to work with you.

7) If you don't feel like making friends, you don't have to: Though its good to learn social skills and network, don't feel you have to go out of your way to make friends if you don't feel like it. These things should come naturally.

8) Bullying does happen: Contrary to popular belief, bullying and harassment does take place in college/hgher education. I was shocked when I saw it myself but bullies exist in every stage in life. Genrally most people in college are more mature, but the opposite can also be true. So if you ever experince bullying speak up and don't feel alone.

9) If you feel along the way that college isn't for you, thats ok: You can drop out, change your major, take a break, etc. College is not the only path to success.

These are what I came up with so far. Just do your best and make the best of it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bloomingdark, Silver and Sensei
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Wish you the best on your first college day.
Anyway, if you feel too much pressure, just take a break. The system tells you that you gotta go to college no matter what but I have friends who earn more money than me (I have a degree) and have no degree at all!

• Love
Reactions: bloomingdark
bloomingdark

bloomingdark

Alex
Jan 24, 2019
Just do your best....college is what you make of it
Looking back, being a senior now, I wish I did many things differently
If you are looking for any tips this is what I wish I did differently:

1) Don't try too hard to make friends: I did this and it made it harder for people to like me and I ended up annoying people

2) If you want to make friends, join clubs: find clubs with similar interests (sports club, academics, etc)

3) Know its ok to walk away if a club/friend is not serving you: I met some shitty people at my college and I wish that instead of trying to fit in where I wasn't welcomed I walked away. I would have been much happier.

4) In the off chance you experience abuse of any kind, go to the authorities: DO NOT report it to your school. I was a victim of sexual assault and my school did nothing about it. At the end of the day they only care about their reputation and will never help their students. So if you are ever victim of any form of abuse make a police report. Of course if you also choose not to that's totally fine. Everyone deals with trauma differently and so long as you are happy thats what counts. I never reported mine and although I should have, its done now.

5) Focus on your studies: Whatever class you take, make it a priority. Too much procrastinating will make the work pile up. I found exchanging numbers with peers helped me to retain information better.

6) Build a good relationship with your professors: I have been fortunate to have mostly good professors (and some meh ones). Your professors are there to help. If you are struggling reach out. Most will be happy to work with you.

7) If you don't feel like making friends, you don't have to: Though its good to learn social skills and network, don't feel you have to go out of your way to make friends if you don't feel like it. These things should come naturally.

8) Bullying does happen: Contrary to popular belief, bullying and harassment does take place in college/hgher education. I was shocked when I saw it myself but bullies exist in every stage in life. Genrally most people in college are more mature, but the opposite can also be true. So if you ever experince bullying speak up and don't feel alone.

9) If you feel along the way that college isn't for you, thats ok: You can drop out, change your major, take a break, etc. College is not the only path to success.

These are what I came up with so far. Just do your best and make the best of it.
Thank you so much for those tips. I really appreciate it so much.
Thanks for your wishes.
Wish you the best on your first college day.
Anyway, if you feel too much pressure, just take a break. The system tells you that you gotta go to college no matter what but I have friends who earn more money than me (I have a degree) and have no degree at.

Thank you so much, this kind of things makes things more clear for me

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Good luck on this special day. I hope it will be a good experience (((hugs))).