• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I've been meaning to clean my "kitchen stand" for quite a while now. The problem is that my feeble ol' hands are just too weak for it.
No, seriously, it gathered some tobacco residue and I can't scrap it out. It looks like rusted metal. My arms are literally too weak to make that shit to even budge.
Having at least one depression disorder (probably. Epilepsy brings a lot of shit on you even without the meds. Throw the meds in and I've turned into a clusterfuck of depression) and attempting, and failing to deal with my procrastination issue, I've thought of a thing: buy some kind of super-duper Roomba, take everything off the "kitchen stand" and let it run on it for, say, an hour.
Does this sound like a decent idea?

For reference, when I say "super-duper Roomba", I don't mean just the standard vacuuming one, I'll be going for some premium variant - the kind that detects cliffs (places it can drop from and hurt itself), has some brushes, or something, like those little "trucks" you see on the street, cleaning the road, some kind of "give me cleanliness or give me death" kind of unit.
Does this constitute "if it sounds stupid but it works, it ain't stupid" kind of a deal?
Should I tape a cinderblock to it to add weight, and thus... torque, or something?
Can you suggest a "give me cleanliness or give me death" kind of unit? I'm looking for brushes, I'm looking for some sort of actual washing, vacuuming, the whole shebang, some kind of dirt-holocaust kind of deal. If it doesn't spray water, I'll spray some water for it by myself.

Alternatively... buy a drill, attach a (new, obviously) toilet brush to it, let that mofo rip. I'd rather not do that, though. IIRC, "kitchen stands" are made of some kind of gentle thing that doesn't like heavy-duty appliances.

Seriously, cleaning is a fucking nightmare for me. I'm looking for some "life hacks" if you will.
Once the "kitchen stand" is dealt with, I'd attempt to declutter and move onto other areas.

Please assist.

• Hugs
Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd and Circles
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about. You don't have to talk in code here. You can say exactly what you mean.

BrokenAngel8

BrokenAngel8

I'm so lonely, broken angel
Nov 7, 2019
That sounds so extra for cleaning kitchen stand! Is there anyone offering cleaning service in your area? If things are too rusty might as well just destroy and rebuilt them? Again I rather suggest you look for some professional than do it yourself. They have all the techniques and equipments needed. If you're willing to buy good equipments, I suppose you could afford a specialized home cleaning service as well.

Also, I am having a hard time understanding your description of equipments... are you trying to get rid of stain or blowing up the whole house???? :ahhha:

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I have no cleaning tips for you, but I think I know why everyday tasks are a struggle for you. When you get depressed it's common to suffer something called psychomotor retardation. You get slower, you feel weak, small tasks become difficult, and so on. It's normal during depression. It will pass if you get out of your depression or if you get working medication. Sorry, not much help.

Last edited: