M

Monkeybutt

Jun 17, 2020
It's getting close for me to catch the bus I think. If I can't get my rent payed by the first it's over. I'm over $150 short. Sooo... I need to know what caliber of shotgun I need but particular the type of shell/bullet/buckshot. Serious inquiry here. I'm afraid my brother may tell me I'm not allowed to borrow any more money. I'd rather die than become homeless

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm sorry you're going through this.

You need to clarify what kind of shotgun you have so people can advise about the ammo. But I think you've already gotten that advice. The problem is you don't know how to use the gun. It would be good to go to a shooting range and get someone to teach you. Or look up the kind of shotgun you have and watch YouTube videos.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-need-advice-quickly-for-shotgun-advice.43960/

M

Monkeybutt

Jun 17, 2020

You need to clarify what kind of shotgun you have so people can advise about the ammo. But I think you've already gotten that advice. The problem is you don't know how to use the gun. It would be good to go to a shooting range and get someone to teach you. Or look up the kind of shotgun you have and watch YouTube videos.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-need-advice-quickly-for-shotgun-advice.43960/
I don't have it yet. I need to know which type to buy

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I don't have it yet. I need to know which type to buy

12-gauge is the most powerful. It has a kick. You'd do well to go to a shooting range and get comfortable with it before you try to use it to ctb.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
What about 20 gauges? What type of ammo? I really wanna make sure I don't survive

You were given a link to the firearms megathread, have you looked at that yet?

X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020

How much practice would you recommend for someone looking to ctb with a shotgun? Would that be any different if my method of choice was a .375 magnum? (Sorry if I missed an answer to this in the megathread)

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
How much practice would you recommend for someone looking to ctb with a shotgun? Would that be any different if my method of choice was a .375 magnum? (Sorry if I missed an answer to this in the megathread)

Enough practice that you feel comfortable loading and using it, whether it's a shotgun or a pistol. If you've never handled a weapon before and your first time is when you're going to kill yourself, that's a lot of pressure to get it right. Have you ever watched any videos about loading or firing a .357 Magnum? That would be a good place to start.