hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
so I was bored & scrolling on TikTok when a video came up showing a man in a chair, who had previously attempted to hang himself but he was found too early and now lives severely disabled and brain damaged.

The video was to spread awareness about mental health but I was really surprised to see that the people in the comments actually had empathy and pity for him, and essentially agree how he should've been granted his choice to die rather than suffering worse now than he did before

5400BB06 BC69 4DCB 8358 E0D6FEEFDC95
901FC56B 2478 4040 AC2F EE8E31D8A3CD

I think this is all our worst fear, but what do you think about it?

I'm sure when they saved him they didn't know he would regain consciousness with such mental and physical disability, but I think is a fate worse than hell to live this way. There's no quality of life, and his last conscious decision was to die. In cases of attempted suicide where the person is left severely disabled, I think there should be a right to die law or something. Poor guy.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Journeytoletgo, one.way.out and 11 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's certainly amazing!
Their comments will probably be reported because they are indirectly saying that this person could be better off dead!
You know, social networks LOVE to censor suicide. They only want pro-life comments.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for that guy. I wish he was at peace instead of stuck in this hell...

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, demuic, suicide4me and 3 others
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
reminds me of a post someone did here few months ago about a guy who shot himself and survived. doctors were trying to reconstruct his face. I was like "wtf?" if the guy tried to kill himself in a perfect body, I'm pretty sure he wants to end it all more than ever. I hate people trying to "clean up his mess" instead of letting him go.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, it's_all_a_game, demuic and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have never understood why people think suicide is worse than suffering.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, one.way.out, pthnrdnojvsc and 9 others
bad_luck

bad_luck

Apr 17, 2021
Incredibly sad.

Reactions: demuic and hfdepression30
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
That's certainly amazing!
Their comments will probably be reported because they are indirectly saying that this person could be better off dead!
You know, social networks LOVE to censor suicide. They only want pro-life comments.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for that guy. I wish he was at peace instead of stuck in this hell...
That's true. There's so much censorship regarding suicide on social media! yet news and media outlets like to report it while attaching their life stories as if people are their entertainment..
reminds me of a post someone did here few months ago about a guy who shot himself and survived. doctors were trying to reconstruct his face. I was like "wtf?" if the guy tried to kill himself in a perfect body, I'm pretty sure he wants to end it all more than ever. I hate people trying to "clean up his mess" instead of letting him go.
Exactly! After I posted this, I went to their profile and saw another video that after 2 years of him being in that state, the wife is in a court battle with his mother because the mother wants guardianship of him (probably to keep him alive for welfare money! His attempt was allegedly because the mother was trying to sent him to jail) but the wife wants to allow him to go into a hospice to be allowed to die peacefully. People can be such monsters and inhumane sometimes. If the wife is being honest about wanting to let him die, respect to her
Facts

• Love
Reactions: demuic and WornOutLife
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It is in our programming to end suffering when we see it, one of the few good things in there. Cultural shit and laws sadly override this natural and beautiful instinct in most.

Last edited:
Reactions: one.way.out, HowNowBrownCow and hfdepression30
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I think most people do think that it is better to die than live a cruel existence. The absurdity of being put into a care home with Alzheimers is an example, a lot of people will say they would rather die than that happen to them but by the time the symptoms come it is too late for them to ctb themselves. Very cruel.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, one.way.out, demuic and 3 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
That's horrible. It is the living hell. One reason why I want to succeed with my first suicide attempt. I do not want to play russian roulette...

Reactions: FuneralCry, demuic, Fehler and 1 other person
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I think most people do think that it is better to die than live a cruel existence. The absurdity of being put into a care home with Alzheimers is an example, a lot of people will say they would rather die than that happen to them but by the time the symptoms come it is too late for them to ctb themselves. Very cruel.

I agree with this, but when you life is then put into someone elses hands, they would rather see you suffer out of their own selfish needs, as they don't want to lose you, but at that point they have already lost you, as there is a massive chance you will never be the same person again.

Reactions: demuic and hfdepression30
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
That's horrible. It is the living hell. One reason why I want to succeed with my first suicide attempt. I do not want to play russian roulette...
Same. I plan to go by hanging and I will not let it fuck it when I do get it right. I feel like as long as the anchor and ligature are strong enough, and there's a sufficient amount of time where you won't be discovered, then it's hard to get it wrong. For this guy, he hung himself while in custody in a jail cell so there would've been periodic monitoring

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I remember seeing a post about a guy who hung himself but his mother found him and was stopped by paramedics. He was left in as similar state as the person in the post above, and communicated to his mom that he still wishes that he was dead everyday. Life as it is, is bad enough but being forced to live in a vegetative state is inhumane.

• Aww..
Reactions: FuneralCry, bad_luck, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I agree with this, but when you life is then put into someone elses hands, they would rather see you suffer out of their own selfish needs, as they don't want to lose you, but at that point they have already lost you, as there is a massive chance you will never be the same person again.
It's so cruel.. when you can't even eat by yourself or use the bathroom, it's just incredibly selfish to keep someone alive because they can't let go. It's torture.

I remember seeing a post about a guy who hung himself but his mother found him and was stopped by paramedics. He was left in as similar state as the person in the post above, and communicated to his mom that he still wishes that he was dead everyday. Life as it is, is bad enough but being forced to live in a vegetative state is inhumane.
Oh jeez.. I don't know what's worse; not being able to communicate you want to die, or telling someone everyday but not being allowed to die!

Reactions: demuic
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
That's true. There's so much censorship regarding suicide on social media! yet news and media outlets like to report it while attaching their life stories as if people are their entertainment..

Exactly! After I posted this, I went to their profile and saw another video that after 2 years of him being in that state, the wife is in a court battle with his mother because the mother wants guardianship of him (probably to keep him alive for welfare money! His attempt was allegedly because the mother was trying to sent him to jail) but the wife wants to allow him to go into a hospice to be allowed to die peacefully. People can be such monsters and inhumane sometimes. If the wife is being honest about wanting to let him die, respect to her

Facts

are you able to DM the link to this users account?

Reactions: hfdepression30
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Those comments are supportive. Suprising, but refreshing.

There are many reasons, and some of them are well-meaning, but for those reasons that are not so well-intentioned:

Firstly there is a need to control the bodies of other human beings; this could be attributed to a sense of self-righteousness born out of either personal morals, societal values or religious beliefs. The second and equally common (bad) reason: because suicide is viewed as an inconvenience to the self-interests of those who are against it. They may actually be aware of the suffering of said suicidal person, but they simply do not care.

Reactions: FuneralCry, pthnrdnojvsc and it's_all_a_game
N

NoSurprises

Mar 11, 2021
comes from the infinitely stupid, naive and egoistic idea that "everyone can be happy" and "if im fine you have to be fine too"

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Yeah he was from wales. He is dead now thankfully.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Facebook is more of a data harvesting company than a social network company at this point.

Reactions: NoSurprises