Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I don't know why this is so surprising, I've been treated like a black sheep for years but it still hurts.

My brother is in town visiting because it's my nephews birthday this upcoming weekend. He stopped by the house with his new girlfriend before going out. Then my mother and her boyfriend left not too long after, she told me they were just going to the store.

They all just got back together, and it turns out they all went to go eat out at a restaurant. Didn't even bother asking if I wanted to go or anything. They're all drinking and having a good time in the living room, while I'm in my bedroom crying.

Again, I don't know why I'm surprised. My mom emotionally, physically and verbally abused me when I was growing up and my siblings distanced themselves from me when I got depressed. Whenever I would end up hospitalized, my mom would get angry at me because she'd be worried about what others would say. Even at my lowest, they've never cared.

It just hurts when I'm already feeling completely unwanted that stuff like this happens and makes it feel worse.

My family treats me like I have leprosy and I can't seem to hold onto any friends or make any new ones. I really just feel like I don't belong here at all, like being born was a complete mistake.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: jackdaw, Journeytoletgo, PreussenBlueJay and 19 others
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I relate so heavily to the isolation, the abuse, and the neglect, along with struggling to make friends. I am processing the trauma left over by my mother (who has since died) along with how my family contributed to that

Today is a special day, happy birthday to you. Your family isn't taking the time to experience the joy of you and it's their loss. Is it possible to go outside and do something for yourself away from them? You deserve to give yourself that especially with everything

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, hungry, ImsooDone1N and 6 others
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
Fuck them. You deserve better.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hungry, Rogue Proxy, archipelago and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Some people really are so cruel. I'm sorry that you have to deal with people like that, this life is just so unfair. I hope you find relief from your suffering, I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Rogue Proxy, archipelago and 4 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Agreed Fuck'em... And Happy Birthday, hope you can find someone peace and serenity throughout the day!

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Journeytoletgo, Lullaby and 3 others
needforvoid_

needforvoid_

Apr 18, 2022
Like a bunch of snobs.
From seeing you post here, it's not even comparable - you're way better than them. Just outnumbered.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Lullaby
S

shrek34

Student
Sep 14, 2021
I don't know why this is so surprising, I've been treated like a black sheep for years but it still hurts.

My brother is in town visiting because it's my nephews birthday this upcoming weekend. He stopped by the house with his new girlfriend before going out. Then my mother and her boyfriend left not too long after, she told me they were just going to the store.

They all just got back together, and it turns out they all went to go eat out at a restaurant. Didn't even bother asking if I wanted to go or anything. They're all drinking and having a good time in the living room, while I'm in my bedroom crying.

Again, I don't know why I'm surprised. My mom emotionally, physically and verbally abused me when I was growing up and my siblings distanced themselves from me when I got depressed. Whenever I would end up hospitalized, my mom would get angry at me because she'd be worried about what others would say. Even at my lowest, they've never cared.

It just hurts when I'm already feeling completely unwanted that stuff like this happens and makes it feel worse.

My family treats me like I have leprosy and I can't seem to hold onto any friends or make any new ones. I really just feel like I don't belong here at all, like being born was a complete mistake.
Yeah I agree with what others are saying, fuck them. Maybe you should try looking for people in a similar situation, or join some sort of group with people with similar interests as you? There will always be people who would make great friends with you, you just need to find them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
Thank you guys. I sometimes get really embarrassed about venting on here, but I always appreciate the support that I get. It means a lot.

Yeah I agree with what others are saying, fuck them. Maybe you should try looking for people in a similar situation, or join some sort of group with people with similar interests as you? There will always be people who would make great friends with you, you just need to find them.

I definitely need to make some friends again. Its so much harder when you're getting older and I feel like I have a hard time fitting in enough, but I'm going to keep trying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Water-Lily and shrek34
Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
I'm sorry to hear how poorly they treat you. I know firsthand the emptiness and loneliness that can accompany such familial exclusion.

After my mother died, I stayed with extended family for years. Several times, they'd head to restaurants in my absence or go on outings without considering extending an invite. It was heart-wrenching hearing them return cheerfully each time. I tried to rationalize that since I wasn't directly related to them, I shouldn't expect to be included as if I was. It only hurt more whenever they told me how much they loved me—like I was their child/sibling. Their love felt inconsistent and inevitably fell short compared to what my mother gave.

You deserve better, and I hope you can find those who appreciate you.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: shrek34, Huntfish34, PreussenBlueJay and 1 other person
dissociatedmess

dissociatedmess

Apr 30, 2022
I'm so sorry, it must be so difficult to experience this. I know we likely have very different circumstances but I do understand this type of pain. You aren't alone and you deserve care and support. :heart:

• Love
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I'm sorry to hear how poorly they treat you. I know firsthand the emptiness and loneliness that can accompany such familial exclusion.

After my mother died, I stayed with extended family for years. Several times, they'd head to restaurants in my absence or go on outings without considering extending an invite. It was heart-wrenching hearing them return cheerfully each time. I tried to rationalize that since I wasn't directly related to them, I shouldn't expect to be included as if I was. It only hurt more whenever they told me how much they loved me—like I was their child/sibling. Their love felt inconsistent and inevitably fell short compared to what my mother gave.

You deserve better, and I hope you can find those who appreciate you.

I'm really sorry you had to go through that, I can't imagine how horrible it is to lose a parent and then be excluded like that. You deserved better than that too.

I guess family is just a word at the end of the day and what you make it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, ImsooDone1N and Water-Lily
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
i'm sorry this happened on your birthday. i hope at least our well wishes can brighten your evening at least a little

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: shrek34, Huntfish34 and ImsooDone1N
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry they are mistreating you. You don't deserve any of that bs. I hope you tried to enjoy a little of what you could at least