• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
This is kind of a rhetorical question and not really looking for real advice on how to build a resume and shit. I'm trying to get started on updating my outdated resume and shit (2 months late because of extreme anxiety, depression, and self harming coping mechanisms exhausting me out).
But does anyone just feel like they are absolutely incapable of even finding a job, let alone hold a steady career? I can't get out of bed to boil eggs let alone function at a fucking job. Maybe there will be a dead-end retail position that would take me in but that would be a pretty low quality of life wouldn't it.
People try to encourage living because theres "so much to live for" and "people care about you" but tbh idfc about having friends and they don't motivate me to want to live. I need financial security first, social fulfilment later. I don't want to live in a world where i have to be a rat running my feet to the ground on a wheel just to put a roof over my head. Well-paying cushy jobs are for people who have the passion to pursue higher degrees, the energy to network, and the confidence to sell themselves.
How is being trapped to live a shitty life constantly threatened by eviction/starvation/medical bills/etc. better than death? For me, SI is the only thing that is pushing me to tough it out but im exhausted.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Unknown21, fleetingnight and 7 others
Ironborn

Ironborn

Experienced
Jan 29, 2024
It is shit, most of your day is dedicated to working and going to and from work.
Training on the job is nonexistent, the boomers made sure of that so they could hike their rates.
There are just so many hoops to jump through that you just get sick of it.
I have a few older friends who tell me how easy it used to be to get a job, you walk in the front door, ask if they are hiring and if then they train you.
Everything is just bogged down in bureaucratic nonsense now.
I used to be an HGV driver, I spent as much time doing paperwork and waiting for paperwork to be done as I did actual driving.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat, davidtorez, itsalittlecold and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It's harder to get a job nowadays, no doubt. I don't know your qualifications, but most any job you land can be a stepping stone to something better. I'd say don't give up just yet. You may need to send out 100 resumes, maybe even 200 before finally landing something. Yes, it will be harder for you to battle through the depression and find enough drive to keep going. It is doable. It's not fair that you'll have to put forth that much more effort, but it can be done. You just need to stay persistent for a while. Do you have any friends that can get you a job where they work, just to start out? That would be a HUGE benefit to you if you do.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Unknown21 and davidtorez
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
It's harder to get a job nowadays, no doubt. I don't know your qualifications, but most any job you land can be a stepping stone to something better. I'd say don't give up just yet. You may need to send out 100 resumes, maybe even 200 before finally landing something. Yes, it will be harder for you to battle through the depression and find enough drive to keep going. It is doable. It's not fair that you'll have to put forth that much more effort, but it can be done. You just need to stay persistent for a while. Do you have any friends that can get you a job where they work, just to start out? That would be a HUGE benefit to you if you do.
It's the intense social anxiety that rly holds me back from thinking i can even send out 10 apps tbh. And even if i can sound confident on a resume/cover letter, there's 0 chance im getting through any interview stage. Depression's made me isolate from all friends (like, literally 0) so yeah unfortunately i dont have many options. Sucks how mental illness drags you in a pit that gets deeper and harder to get out of.

• Aww..
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, Unknown21, davidtorez and 1 other person
Oguzok

Oguzok

forever young...i want to be forever young
Nov 24, 2023
Yeah i feel the same... I don't even dream about big career but i guess doing something that i like WHILE making money from it is impossible...

Reactions: davidtorez
R

redmunk

cringe
Oct 24, 2023
I will be kicked out of the country if i dont get a job next year, since I am an international student. It is a tough time to be in, as I have given out 100+ applications and i havent even gotten an interview yet. You know the worst part? I dont even think I even remember / know half the things in my resume

Reactions: davidtorez
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
I will be kicked out of the country if i dont get a job next year, since I am an international student. It is a tough time to be in, as I have given out 100+ applications and i havent even gotten an interview yet. You know the worst part? I dont even think I even remember / know half the things in my resume
I'm really wishing the best of luck to you. The job market is horrid for everyone right now, i've heard of people sending 300 apps until finally landing something. And I also relate to not feeling qualified for much either, because depression has really messed with my memorization skills and desire to pay attention in class. I fucked up my last year completely tanking in effort, and i didn't make the most out of the courses than i should have. I worry that i screwed up my entire future, and now that i've graduated it's too late now.

Reactions: redmunk