• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

sighplus10

Sep 22, 2020
first i live with a family of 4, myself included.

so my situation is such that im a shut-in, meaning i never go out all on my own for any reason whether it be groceries and such and i think that has been
the case for years (2-3 or maybe more). we also don't have a "pocket money" system, we all use our money collectively based on what is necessary etc so i don't have any personal money for me, and even if i asked for it ill just get rejected because since i don't go out, i won't be in a situation where i could actually do anything with the money.

so in a nutshell there's a store near me where i can buy SN but for that i need to take money and leave the house, but i can't do that because they will just stop me and ask why im taking money or why im going out. the place i live in is small enough that they will notice any odd moments from me.

so im not sure how i can CTB in such a contrived situation and was wondering if anyone else was in such a situation but managed to CTB?

J

JackTheStripper

Dec 26, 2020
I was in the same situation. I never received any pocket money either (my parents unfortunately don't believe in such things -.-) and was therefore 'broke' pretty much my whole life. What saved me was getting good at lying^^" I used excuses like: 'I ran out of tampons and need to buy some' or 'I wanna get something from the grocery store'
If it was reasonable enough, my mom would give me the money and let me go without asking questions.
You could try something like this

Reactions: Wrennie and mirko
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
I can see why you might not be able to, but why not make it a habit of going out more? Short walks, maybe sit somewhere with your phone to make it seem longer if you don't have the energy to walk. Then pretend you made friends or something and start saying you want money because you don't want to be broke when you all go out somewhere. Pretend to stay out some more.

Of course, this might not be possible if the family starts asking too many questions or if a neighbor rats on you...

Reactions: Wrennie
S

sighplus10

Sep 22, 2020

JackTheStripper:​

i forgot to mention but its my brother who takes care of all the grocery stuff, and since im not as athletic as him my parents won't let me have a go at grocery shopping. my parents are very discriminatory so they make him do all the work while i just sit all day
(the quote and reply system feels a little wonky on this site)

to konoha:

also yeah i guess if i im serious about CTB i gotta fabricate more lies and make my parents think im capable of going to groceries just like my brother

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: kohaku
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
I was also going to mention going for walks if possible. Even if it's only for 10 min at first it's about establishing a normality for you leaving the house so it doesn't raise alarms.

Once that pattern has been established then maybe you can introduce something where you'd require money. Maybe going to a coffee shop or buying a pop etc for your walk to get them used to giving you small amounts of money. At that point you could possibly save that money until you have enough to buy the SN.

It may not be the most well thought out plan but it's simple enough where it might just work or you can figure something else out along those lines.

Hope things work out for you. It definitely doesn't sound like an easy situation but I'm sure you can figure something out.

Best of luck

Reactions: Wrennie
M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Wow! That sounds horrible. Hope you don't have a problem with mood too. When I was in the hospital with no ability to do ctb that was scary to me.