suicidestyle

suicidestyle

Sep 9, 2023
I wanna ctb but at the same time feel like I might regret something.

I can't keep going and I give up but I don't want to give grief to my family.

aghh so confused.. does anyone know how to FAIL a suicide attempt? because I wanna fail so that they take me seriously and actually give me help.

I'm not considering actually ctbing rn tbh. but maybe if I fail, they'll actually listen

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, Praestat_Mori and zanahori
OpalCheesecake

OpalCheesecake

A little tired.
Aug 15, 2023
Not sure how good this advice is, but I've considered it multiple times. If you volunteer yourself to a psych ward, that could be pretty scary for your family (and then maybe get you help that you need). Since you want to fail an attempt, you'll probably end up there anyway, but I don't hear a lot of good stories about those places. Good luck!

Reactions: zanahori and draekmir
suicidestyle

suicidestyle

Sep 9, 2023
hm? how do I volunteer to a psych ward.?

N

NoIdeaForAUsername

Aug 27, 2023
I wanna ctb but at the same time feel like I might regret something.

I can't keep going and I give up but I don't want to give grief to my family.

aghh so confused.. does anyone know how to FAIL a suicide attempt? because I wanna fail so that they take me seriously and actually give me help.

I'm not considering actually ctbing rn tbh. but maybe if I fail, they'll actually listen
In my opinion that is highly disgusting to use your family fear and stress to force them into more attention. This is just straight up evil. Being coucious of doing that makes biggest difference - makes it evil

Reactions: Letmedienow and tora
OpalCheesecake

OpalCheesecake

A little tired.
Aug 15, 2023
I don't know how I completely forgot to mention since I just did this and succeeded. Send someone (a parent?) a text about how suicidal you've been, and send it suddenly enough that it shocks them. That might shock them enough to take you seriously since people typically only see the value in life once it's almost gone. This is much easier than calling 911 on yourself

hm? how do I volunteer to a psych ward.?
Call 911! Make sure to tell them you have no weapons (for self harm or otherwise) and I think an officer will hopefully take you to a ward. Not completely sure, as I've never been through it myself, but I asked a 988 (suicide hotline) operator before and they told me what to do.

suicidestyle

suicidestyle

Sep 9, 2023
In my opinion that is highly disgusting to use your family fear and stress to force them into more attention. This is just straight up evil. Being coucious of doing that makes biggest difference - makes it evil
I think I just want help, and I don't know how to recieve it, I'm aware it's disgusting but I'm really desperate to receive help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Larysa
OpalCheesecake

OpalCheesecake

A little tired.
Aug 15, 2023
This is insanely unfair to say. If the only people that can help you are also neglecting your desires for help (assuming OP has already asked their family for help), then you have to take more drastic measures in order for them to take you seriously. I have been depressed for a very long time and even told my family once about my depression to no avail. Only when I confess that I'm suicidal did they actually take me seriously.

Reactions: feder and draekmir
N

NoIdeaForAUsername

Aug 27, 2023
I think I just want help, and I don't know how to recieve it, I'm aware it's disgusting but I'm really desperate to receive help.
So why did you made a post 7 min ago about how to hide your suicidal thoughts from your Mother? It doesnt add up

• Wow
Reactions: OpalCheesecake
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
It's not going to do anything for your credibility if it gets around that you've been deliberately trying to fake suicide attempts. Sooner or later, you're likely to really need emergency psychiatric care, and the last thing you'll want is a reputation as a malingerer.

Reactions: Letmedienow and OpalCheesecake
draekmir

draekmir

I rate life 0 stars
Sep 9, 2023
I went to a local psych ward just to ask some general information questions like what their psychiatrist are trained to help with and stuff like that as I was seeking mental help for my autism and DID and they said they'll do a free consultation to help answer my questions and get to know more about me. Ended up getting admitted against my will because of my outlook on life and spent two weeks in there, so maybe that could be a start just go talk to some mental help places and see if you can get the help you need.
In my case the worst case scenario was they told me to eff off or I got admitted which sadly the latter happened but it was worth a shot.

suicidestyle

suicidestyle

Sep 9, 2023
So why did you made a post 7 min ago about how to hide your suicidal thoughts from your Mother? It doesnt add up
yeah thats why im confused, i dont want her to know, but i have mixed feelings, i want help.
It's not going to do anything for your credibility if it gets around that you've been deliberately trying to fake suicide attempts. Sooner or later, you're likely to really need emergency psychiatric care, and the last thing you'll want is a reputation as a malingerer.
not really fake, just fail, on purpose, so i dont die, and my family takes me seriously.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Trying to fake a suicide attempt with the intention to fail can go horribly wrong! I really understand that you want to do this as a cry for help but your family should listen to you without forcing you to consider sth like CTB to be heard.

What kind of help are you expecting from your family or therapy? Do you know why you have suicidal thoughts? What's causing them? Who is causing them? There must be a trigger. Can this trigger be treated / eliminated with therapy / psych ward ip?

You don't have to answer those questions publicly, primarily for yourself.

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023

We tend not to shame or interrogate people here @GlupiSmiec. There are posts that challenge, which can be helpful, but it's generally a supportive community.

Do you know why you are being so harsh towards someone else in pain?

Last edited:
Reactions: suicidestyle and Praestat_Mori