Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Was the goal of the influential giants of the past and present to make our lives so easy that all we're left with is perpetual mind-numbing boredom? This existence is worse than death.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life in itself is very boring, it is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. Boredom can actually be torture. There is nothing interesting about life at all to me. All that humans do is just pass the time until they die. I think I would never want to live no matter what happened, even if I had a life with little suffering, I would just feel empty. I personally believe that all lives are worse than death, as nothing can hurt us when we are dead, death is true peace.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, sopwithcamel, Ethereal Knight and 2 others
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Life in itself is very boring, it is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. Boredom can actually be torture. There is nothing interesting about life at all to me. All that humans do is just pass the time until they die. I think I would never want to live no matter what happened, even if I had a life with little suffering, I would just feel empty. I personally believe that all lives are worse than death, as nothing can hurt us when we are dead, death is true peace.
Don't be offended. Your posts are all eerily similar.

Reactions: whatevs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I know, you do not need to point it out. Sometimes I do get tired of writing about the same thing, but it is just a way to pass the time.

• Love
Reactions: Sakura94, sopwithcamel and whatevs
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I do not find life boring at all. Meaningless yeah, but boring, not really. Killing yourself out of boredom is not a good reason in my opinion. Find a hobby, there are like million things to do.

Reactions: Mr2005 and BrokenBliss
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Don't be offended, your posts are all boring... at least she tries to make others feel understood and loved, and I personally never tire of reading her post that, despite reflecting her pain, always does them with respect and thinking about the other person.

No farewell post is missing a comment from her... always wishing everyone the best. It's something I value.

I wish I could do something from my chair so that she would stop suffering... but with you honestly I have never been able to empathize.
Was the goal of the influential giants of the past and present to make our lives so easy that all we're left with is perpetual mind-numbing boredom? This existence is worse than death.
life can be many things but not boring. Another thing is that we are too lazy to look for interesting things to do.... another thing is that for some mental condition such as depression or anhedonia things seem boring to you... but believe me, the boring world is not.

• Hugs
Reactions: enau and fox_wannabe
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I do not find life boring at all. Meaningless yeah, but boring, not really. Killing yourself out of boredom is not a good reason in my opinion. Find a hobby, there are like million things to do.
Never heard of anhedonia?
Don't be offended, your posts are all boring... at least she tries to make others feel understood and loved, and I personally never tire of reading her post that, despite reflecting her pain, always does them with respect and thinking about the other person.

No farewell post is missing a comment from her... always wishing everyone the best. It's something I value.

I wish I could do something from my chair so that she would stop suffering... but with you honestly I have never been able to empathize.

life can be many things but not boring. Another thing is that we are too lazy to look for interesting things to do.... another thing is that for some mental condition such as depression or anhedonia things seem boring to you... but believe me, the boring world is not.
Her posts are all the same with a few words changed up. Feeling understood from a post that can apply to anyone? Lol

Anyway, if I'm so boring, why respond? Are you a masochist?

• Hmph!
Reactions: fox_wannabe
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

Mar 4, 2022
Never heard of anhedonia?
I have it. Before when I was happy I had tons of hobbies. Sorry you're dealing with it, I never had mental health issues prior to my situation so don't know much about those things.

Reactions: Weebster
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I think my boredom comes from the "You can't do that" thing.

My list of things I want to do/see/experience/witness is like a million miles long, but when I think how many of them I can actually do right now, it shrinks to zero. Kinda like if you put me into a room with a PS6 containing a million games. I'd be excited and want to play a lot of games on it. But then if I wasn't allowed to use the PS6, I'd grow bored quickly and complain I have nothing to do. Boredom = I'm depressed because I can't do anything I want, at least in my case. Boredom = none of the things I can do are things I'd like to do.

Lately I have felt that I never want to go for a walk again. I hate going for walks. But why is that? Because I don't have my dog with me. If I got my dog back, I'd gladly go for walks again.

Same with social meetings. I'll say "I hate meeting people", but that's not true. If the people were as great as I'd like them to be, I'd gladly go and meet new people.

I say I'm asexual. But if I had the perfect body and the other person had the perfect body and personality too, I'm pretty sure I'd stop being asexual and become a sexual being.

And yeah, this world is boring. I want to live in a world with lots of great things to do, a magical world. Also, I hate when I grow tired of something. I mean I rarely find books that I like, but when I do, I like to reread them constantly until my mind is like "Please, take a break! I can't do this anymore!". It was nice when I was a child and everything was new and exciting. Like video games, I used to like all kinds of video games, nowadays I'm all "But will it be as good as Dark Souls 1, Thiefs, FF7 etc.?". My standards have risen. As a kid I'd enjoy 3/10 games, nowadays I'm like "This game must be 10/10 for me to enjoy it."

I said boredom = being unable to do things I want, but it's also "getting bored of the things that excited me after doing them a million times".

Kind of a rude thing to say. Try to think about things from their perspective. Don't discourage them from posting, especially since they have never made a bad post, even if their posts are similar. Their life is probably already hard and filled with people treating them like crap, no need to criticize them for things out of their control. How would you feel if you had had a shitty day, came here, and the first post addressed to you said "No offense, but I don't like your posts!"?

I remember when I was on one forum, and sometimes I and a couple of other people welcomed new users there, and then the mods started to complain to us that we should put more effort into writing more unique and longer greetings. We were like "Well I'm not good at English, and I don't have the mental energy or interest or time to study "how to write long unique, high-effort greetings to every person" so we stopped greeting entirely. Well then the new users would complain "Why does no one greet us? Why does no one speak to us? This forum is so unwelcoming. I don't like it here." and the mods would complain "Why does no one greet these new users? Why do the new users bomb us mods with basic questions instead of asking from other users? Why do they complain this forum is unwelcoming and leave soon after?".

It was ridiculous. The new users would say "Hey, I'm Kevin and I'm new here!", I'd write "Hey Kevin! Nice to have you here! If you need help, feel free to ask me. I hope you enjoy your stay!" and the mods would complain "Why is your greeting so basic? Put more effort into it!". How the fuck do I put more effort into my greeting when 99% of the new users's introduction threads were "Hey! I'm new here!". Then very rarely a new user would make a thread and say something more about themselves like "I'm Linda! I love cats and own two cats myself!" and I'd write "Hey, Linda! Cats are cute! What kind of cats do you have? Do they have any unique traits?" and the mods would complain "Your post is still too short and boring!".

I'd rather receive a similar reply than receive no replies at all. I was on one other forum, I made an introduction post, and received zero replies (and emojis didn't exist, so I didn't even get any like/hugs/love emoji reactions. At that point I'd have rather gotten a short copy-pasted reply than no replies at all.

Also, first people complain about posters going too out of character, now they complain about people being too in-character. Funny how things change so quickly.

Reactions: sserafim and sopwithcamel
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I think my boredom comes from the "You can't do that" thing.

My list of things I want to do/see/experience/witness is like a million miles long, but when I think how many of them I can actually do right now, it shrinks to zero. Kinda like if you put me into a room with a PS6 containing a million games. I'd be excited and want to play a lot of games on it. But then if I wasn't allowed to use the PS6, I'd grow bored quickly and complain I have nothing to do. Boredom = I'm depressed because I can't do anything I want, at least in my case. Boredom = none of the things I can do are things I'd like to do.

Lately I have felt that I never want to go for a walk again. I hate going for walks. But why is that? Because I don't have my dog with me. If I got my dog back, I'd gladly go for walks again.

Same with social meetings. I'll say "I hate meeting people", but that's not true. If the people were as great as I'd like them to be, I'd gladly go and meet new people.

I say I'm asexual. But if I had the perfect body and the other person had the perfect body and personality too, I'm pretty sure I'd stop being asexual and become a sexual being.

And yeah, this world is boring. I want to live in a world with lots of great things to do, a magical world. Also, I hate when I grow tired of something. I mean I rarely find books that I like, but when I do, I like to reread them constantly until my mind is like "Please, take a break! I can't do this anymore!". It was nice when I was a child and everything was new and exciting. Like video games, I used to like all kinds of video games, nowadays I'm all "But will it be as good as Dark Souls 1, Thiefs, FF7 etc.?". My standards have risen. As a kid I'd enjoy 3/10 games, nowadays I'm like "This game must be 10/10 for me to enjoy it."

I said boredom = being unable to do things I want, but it's also "getting bored of the things that excited me after doing them a million times".

Kind of a rude thing to say. Try to think about things from their perspective. Don't discourage them from posting, especially since they have never made a bad post, even if their posts are similar. Their life is probably already hard and filled with people treating them like crap, no need to criticize them for things out of their control. How would you feel if you had had a shitty day, came here, and the first post addressed to you said "No offense, but I don't like your posts!"?

I remember when I was on one forum, and sometimes I and a couple of other people welcomed new users there, and then the mods started to complain to us that we should put more effort into writing more unique and longer greetings. We were like "Well I'm not good at English, and I don't have the mental energy or interest or time to study "how to write long unique, high-effort greetings to every person" so we stopped greeting entirely. Well then the new users would complain "Why does no one greet us? Why does no one speak to us? This forum is so unwelcoming. I don't like it here." and the mods would complain "Why does no one greet these new users? Why do the new users bomb us mods with basic questions instead of asking from other users? Why do they complain this forum is unwelcoming and leave soon after?".

It was ridiculous. The new users would say "Hey, I'm Kevin and I'm new here!", I'd write "Hey Kevin! Nice to have you here! If you need help, feel free to ask me. I hope you enjoy your stay!" and the mods would complain "Why is your greeting so basic? Put more effort into it!". How the fuck do I put more effort into my greeting when 99% of the new users's introduction threads were "Hey! I'm new here!". Then very rarely a new user would make a thread and say something more about themselves like "I'm Linda! I love cats and own two cats myself!" and I'd write "Hey, Linda! Cats are cute! What kind of cats do you have? Do they have any unique traits?" and the mods would complain "Your post is still too short and boring!".

I'd rather receive a similar reply than receive no replies at all. I was on one other forum, I made an introduction post, and received zero replies (and emojis didn't exist, so I didn't even get any like/hugs/love emoji reactions. At that point I'd have rather gotten a short copy-pasted reply than no replies at all.

Also, first people complain about posters going too out of character, now they complain about people being too in-character. Funny how things change so quickly.
I pointed out her posts to her because she might not actually be aware of what she's doing. There's all kinds of mental illnesses. I put "don't be offended" for a reason.

You seem to have placed a lot of barriers in front of you. Why do you need your dog to go for a walk? Why do people need to be perfect before you would want to know them?

• Hmph!
Reactions: fox_wannabe
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I pointed out her posts to her because she might not actually be aware of what she's doing. There's all kinds of mental illnesses. I put "don't be offended" for a reason.

You seem to have placed a lot of barriers in front of you. Why do you need your dog to go for a walk? Why do people need to be perfect before you would want to know them?

That tactic is not gonna work with me. I'm above getting angry or offended by that. I'm gonna go focus on other things. See ya!

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I know, you do not need to point it out. Sometimes I do get tired of writing about the same thing, but it is just a way to pass the time.
Posts like this might serve to prove that you aren't a bot. Just kidding.

I don't think life is boring at all. It is fucking hard, and that negates boredom. However, ASPD people (psychopaths) ARE bored by default, and so are some narcissists.

Reactions: sserafim, Mr2005 and Al_stargate
Nyktalgia

Nyktalgia

Jan 29, 2022
"Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Un-, blueming and 2 others
S

sopwithcamel

Mar 30, 2021
I live in a boring town, I have a boring life, I attend a boring school and study boring subjects. Next year will be the same. That's what is so upsetting about my predicament. I'm still in the same place this year as I was last year and it doesn't seem to get any better, so why continue? I'm in less pain but it's not enough. I just exist. Nothing more

BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Killing yourself out of boredom is not a good reason in my opinion. Find a hobby, there are like million things to do.
Gotta agree with you on this one.

Reactions: Al_stargate
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

Mar 4, 2022
I live in a boring town, I have a boring life, I attend a boring school and study boring subjects.
I'll give you that, some places are very boring to live in. Living in the middle of nowhere or some small town can be difficult, I'm sure. I lived in a capital city my whole life so that's why I probably can't relate.

Reactions: Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I'll give you that, some places are very boring to live in. Living in the middle of nowhere or some small town can be difficult, I'm sure. I lived in a capital city my whole life so that's why I probably can't relate.
Sometimes I used to think about how I'd like to go shopping or movies or try a new hobby etc., but for that I'd have had to travel an hour by bus, and I just didn't feel like that. Meanwhile my relative lives in a big city and there's everything in there and in some place like Tokyo there'd be a million things more to do than here.

Reactions: sopwithcamel and Al_stargate
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

Mar 4, 2022
Sometimes I used to think about how I'd like to go shopping or movies or try a new hobby etc., but for that I'd have had to travel an hour by bus, and I just didn't feel like that. Meanwhile my relative lives in a big city and there's everything in there and in some place like Tokyo there'd be a million things more to do than here.
Best places to live are the ones that offer both, nature and urban life. Wouldn't want to live in a concrete jungle like Tokyo. Cities of over half a million people are already too big IMO, unless they have a lot of parks. I've visited some big cities and most were trash and filth except rich areas.

Reactions: Manaaja
S

sopwithcamel

Mar 30, 2021
Yes, there's nothing to do where I live. I don't have a car yet so it doesn't help either. I have literally no reason to go outside. If I had friends I could hang out with I'd probably feel differently about this…

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate