B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
What actually happens to you if you take SN? I know that if you were lucky enough to be able to take N, it's a really peaceful experience, you just need to make sure you take an antiemetic and maybe have some alcohol as well. Then, basically no symptoms as you're unconscious superfast. Is it the same with SN though? What happens to you physically if you have it?

Also, is "nitrite salt" the same as SN?

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
SN oxidizes the Fe2+ in the blood to Fe3+ (hemoglobin -> methemoglobin) and the oxygen transport is not possible anymore. That leads to suffocation and death but you will not feel the typical suffocation bc you still exhale CO2. You will feel symptoms with SN, like headache, nausea, possible vomiting, racing heart, you can use the search that has be discussed many times.

D

Deleted member 65988

Reactions: ThisIsLife and Praestat_Mori
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
SN oxidizes the Fe2+ in the blood to Fe3+ (hemoglobin -> methemoglobin) and the oxygen transport is not possible anymore. That leads to suffocation and death but you will not feel the typical suffocation bc you still exhale CO2. You will feel symptoms with SN, like headache, nausea, possible vomiting, racing heart, you can use the search that has be discussed many times.
That sounds kind of scary ... :-/
Very helpful, thankyou

A

albafemale

Nov 11, 2023
There are drugs you can take beforehand to mitigate some of the effects of taking SN. Check out the SN megathread. It's got everything you need.
Hi. How do I find the mega thread? Thanks new here