• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

kajag

Jul 30, 2020
If one is unable to get Metoclopramide or any related Antiemetic. Will the SN work? What will be reprcussions of not using Antiemetic ?

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
It will likely still work, but you'll be more likely to vomit. There are some non-prescription options. Another antiemetic is domperidone. I got mine from the auction site, but it's not always available. An OTC option that is less effective, but better than nothing is Meclizine, sold under the name Dramamine. I don't know if there's any other brand names for it.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
Dramamine is unlikely to work. Something intended for travel sickness probably won't be strong enough according to Stan's Guide. You need a beta blocker.

Last edited:
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Dramamine is unlikely to work. Something intended for travel sickness probably won't be strong enough according to Stan's Guide. You need a beta blocker.
There's two types of Dramamine. One has Meclizine as the active ingredient. That one would be an ok substitute.

• Love
Reactions: carlee and Moonbounce
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I was reading through the SN successes/failures thread today. Most fails seem to happen because steps were omitted or altered. Too many say they didn't take a prescription AE. Anything OTC won't be strong enough to counteract the body's natural urge against SN. Sodium is a natural emetic - SN is just that much more effective at making you vomit. I wouldn't gamble with it.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Dude, beta blockers are to slow down the increased heart rate from an SN overdose. They're talking about antiemetics here. Also, there's some anecdotal evidence that dramamine could be more effective than no antiemetic at all, so discounting it out of hand as an option isn't the best thing to do. I've seen a couple of posts where you were posting misinformation/misunderstandings about SN poisoning as facts now...its great if you want to help people, but you have to make sure you're not doing the opposite and muddying the waters instead of clarifying them.

Reactions: quiet.rabbit, PrincessInWhite, bigdog and 2 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
It will likely still work, but not using an AE increases your risk of vomiting after ingesting the SN

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
There's two types of Dramamine. One has Meclizine as the active ingredient. That one would be an ok substitute.
Dramamine is the most common brand name for dimenhydrinate, an antihistamine. I'm not sure if there are variations of Dramamine that contain meclizine, but it's worth clarifying that meclizine and dimenhydrinate are different antihistamines. Meclizine tends to take longer to work and is often prescribed for vertigo, BUT it is technically a dopamine-blocker, whereas I do not believe dimenhydrinate is. The dopamine-blocker is really what you want in an AE. I did read in another thread though that meclizine perhaps does not block the correct kind of dopamine receptor. I can't speak definitely on this, though.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Dramamine is the most common brand name for dimenhydrinate, an antihistamine. I'm not sure if there are variations of Dramamine that contain meclizine, but it's worth clarifying that meclizine and dimenhydrinate are different antihistamines. Meclizine tends to take longer to work and is often prescribed for vertigo, BUT it is technically a dopamine-blocker, whereas I do not believe dimenhydrinate is. The dopamine-blocker is really what you want in an AE. I did read in another thread though that meclizine perhaps does not block the correct kind of dopamine receptor. I can't speak definitely on this, though.
This is good information, the mechanism of action is crucial with an AE for SN. It seems anything dopaminergenic will do, even antipsychotics like seroquel, thanks for posting!

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Yes, this is why I said meclizine is better than nothing. Basically a poor substitute, but if someone doesn't have access to anything else it's worth a shot. It was talked about a bit on SS earlier this year and this seemed to be the general consensus.

K

kajag

Jul 30, 2020
What may be the best thing to say to your dr so that he can prescribe - Metoclopramide ?

Last edited:
Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
May I ask what's the best combination used with SN with the least pain? In that case, what symptoms would be expected (e.g. slight vomit?)?

Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
What may be the best thing to say to your dr so that he can prescribe - Metoclopramide ?
I get it for anxiety induced nausea, as I vomit when having severe panic attacks. Am supposed to use it for when I have to leave the house and I have a lot of anxiety (in combination with benzo).

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Here, you can go to a pharmacy and find Dimenhydrinate boxed as an antihistamine and as an OTC AE. I've built up a tolerance, taking them to try to sleep. I'm going to have to either tell a great story in the doc's office or cough up a lot more money for some online stuff without an Rx.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
What are the odds of vomitting in one's sleep?

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
People have seemed to do this successfully, though I'm not sure how. My doctor is pretty good at prescribing me things if I say I have a problem, but if I made up some story about needing an AE, I doubt she'd prescribe meto. There could be a host of things she'd prescribe and I'd have no way of guaranteeing I get a dopamine blocker. I'm currently on antidepressants but I don't think I could convince her I need antipsychotics (which would contain dopamine blockers). So anyway, I just don't even try.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
OP, I suggest read the thread with all the anecdotal accounts of SN successes and failures and come to an informed conclusion. You can still die if you don't take an AE and you vomit, and you can still vomit and die if you take an AE.

• Love
Reactions: torimandy