D

Deleted member 65988

One thing that I've not seen addressed on this forum is why sn toxicity is exacerbated by those who have heart problems or blood disorder issue because quite a few medical articles I've read state this. I understand the biochemistry behind how sn works on the body but still yet to understand how it's toxicity is exacerbated in those who have coronary issues. If anyone can shed light on this, I'd appreciate it, if anyone can.

Reactions: losing hope
D

Deleted member 65988

Sodium nitrite is toxic. The LD50 in rats is 180 mg/kg and in humans LD50 is 71 mg/kg

Yeah, not that I don't know that, I'm interested in why it's more toxic in individuals who have heart problems or anemia, not the lethal dose. That's the info I'm specifically after

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I'm not a doctor but my guess would be that if one has already heart issues, ingesting a very toxic substance will more likely lead to death than on healthy individual because the heart is already compromised? Also it is harder to save someone intoxicated by sn if they already have said issues? Idk

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and EternalShore
S

sorin

Oct 11, 2023
Having a heart disease is actually a good thing in this case your heart will stop faster, since it's already struggling to feed oxygen to herself and body. Toxicity here's doesnt mean that the substance is more harmful in the sense that flesh comes off you, internal bleeding, pain or something like that.
It's more like how hot/cold weather/water it's more harmful to those with cardiac diseases since there is more stress on the heart.
As for a more detailed explanation is quite simple imagine your heart only works 60-70% as it should, now you cut oxygen from it, even a bit can be fatal now .

For ex in SN poising there were people who died with a level of Methemoglobinemia of only 40-45% where others survived with 70% even 90% and thats because the others have weak heart or others comorbidities

Last edited:
Reactions: Aim
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
I'm no doctor but I would imagine that, if the heart is alleredy struggeling with blood flow because of weak arteries (which are often the case with heart disease s) . Then I def belive one are more vulnerable to chemicals in the body that would highlight that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide and losing hope
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'd say it's not more or less toxic but people with heart problems are generally more at risk imo. It's said that the heart starts racing at some point after the SN is taken. When the heart is weak already it may not be able to do it longer than the heart of a totally healthy person who also did regular sports.

Reactions: Meditation guide and losing hope
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
Yeah, not that I don't know that, I'm interested in why it's more toxic in individuals who have heart problems or anemia, not the lethal dose. That's the info I'm specifically after
Good question & thread!

I'm not sure SN is more toxic in individuals who have heart probs or who are anemia. Instead, I think the SN has more of a punch per gram, on those indivduals than those who are healthier. It's simliar to how skinny people only need to drink 20g's of SN compared to overweight people who prob need closer to 30gs'.

I was recently reading about something called the "Bohr Effect" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohr_effect which states: "...an increase in CO2​ results in a decrease in blood pH,[2] resulting in hemoglobin proteins releasing their load of oxygen."

Therefore I am thinking of increasing CO2 levels within my home when I CTB, via a gas tank. Also I think this might make my heart work faster / harder & since I personally have pre-existing heart probs. Basically I'm trying to re-create taking SN whilst stood on the top of Mount Everest. In that case, I would be highly surprised if I don't die by a heart attack before the SN gets me.

I also will be going on an iron diet in the weeks / days prior to taking SN, along with taking Diuretics meds (which help dehyrdrate you via increasing the excretion of urine). Also I think smoking weed helps dehydrate & weakens you, along with increasing your heart rate when you get the inital high. So if you take SN straight after that when your heart rate is circa 100 BPM... well every little helps.

Then finally, & somewhat controversially, I will be spanking my monkey silly in the days leading up to taking SN again to further weaken myself as previously discussed here; https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/masturbation-to-help-with-sn-ingestion.107206/#post-1841030 . Again to weaken myself & shed my body of as many nutirents / minerals etc as possible.

Of course all of the above is in addition to the meds recommended in Stan's guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Aim and SVEN
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Don't know if this is of any use.

Attachments

• PIIS0025619619300461.pdf
    482.5 KB · Views: 0
D

Deleted member 65988

Good question & thread!

I'm not sure SN is more toxic in individuals who have heart probs or who are anemia. Instead, I think the SN has more of a punch per gram, on those indivduals than those who are healthier. It's simliar to how skinny people only need to drink 20g's of SN compared to overweight people who prob need closer to 30gs'.

I was recently reading about something called the "Bohr Effect" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohr_effect which states: "...an increase in CO2​ results in a decrease in blood pH,[2] resulting in hemoglobin proteins releasing their load of oxygen."

Therefore I am thinking of increasing CO2 levels within my home when I CTB, via a gas tank. Also I think this might make my heart work faster / harder & since I personally have pre-existing heart probs. Basically I'm trying to re-create taking SN whilst stood on the top of Mount Everest. In that case, I would be highly surprised if I don't die by a heart attack before the SN gets me.

I also will be going on an iron diet in the weeks / days prior to taking SN, along with taking Diuretics meds (which help dehyrdrate you via increasing the excretion of urine). Also I think smoking weed helps dehydrate & weakens you, along with increasing your heart rate when you get the inital high. So if you take SN straight after that when your heart rate is circa 100 BPM... well every little helps.

Then finally, & somewhat controversially, I will be spanking my monkey silly in the days leading up to taking SN again to further weaken myself as previously discussed here; https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/masturbation-to-help-with-sn-ingestion.107206/#post-1841030 . Again to weaken myself & shed my body of as many nutirents / minerals etc as possible.

Of course all of the above is in addition to the meds recommended in Stan's guide.
I appreciate the response and I had this in mind since I do have arrhythmia and need to take beta blockers daily otherwise my heart rate will jump around all over the place from low 70s to mid 100s, even as high as 170 at one point.

I found this though as a bit of explanation

"The susceptibility of individuals with arrhythmia to the effects of sodium nitrite can be attributed to several factors:

1. Interaction with Nitric Oxide: Sodium nitrite can react with substances in the body, particularly hemoglobin, to form nitric oxide (NO). Nitric oxide plays a crucial role in regulating blood vessel dilation and constriction, which affects blood flow and blood pressure. In individuals with arrhythmia, the balance of nitric oxide may already be disrupted, leading to impaired regulation of blood flow and increased susceptibility to the effects of sodium nitrite.

2. Increased Oxidative Stress: Sodium nitrite can induce oxidative stress in the body. Oxidative stress occurs when there is an imbalance between the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and the body's ability to detoxify them. This imbalance can lead to cellular damage and dysfunction. Individuals with arrhythmia may already have higher levels of oxidative stress due to underlying cardiovascular conditions, making them more susceptible to further oxidative damage caused by sodium nitrite.

3. Alteration of Ion Channels: Sodium nitrite has been shown to affect ion channels in cardiac cells, including potassium and calcium channels. These ion channels play a crucial role in maintaining the electrical activity and rhythm of the heart. Disruption of ion channel function can lead to abnormal electrical impulses and potentially trigger or exacerbate arrhythmias in susceptible individuals.

It is important to note that while sodium nitrite may pose risks for individuals with arrhythmia, its effects can vary depending on factors such as dosage, individual susceptibility, and overall health status. Additionally, the presence of other co-existing health conditions or medications may further influence the susceptibility to sodium nitrite's effects.

In conclusion, individuals with pre-existing problems such as arrhythmia are more susceptible to the effects of sodium nitrite due to its interaction with nitric oxide, induction of oxidative stress, and alteration of ion channels. Understanding these mechanisms can help healthcare professionals and individuals with arrhythmia make informed decisions regarding their dietary choices and potential exposure to sodium nitrite."

Also, there's the heightened risk of ventricular arrhythmia and cardiac arrest, even lower doses of sn can be deadly for someone who has arrhythmia. When methemoglobinemia occurs in individuals with pre-existing arrhythmia, the risk of cardiac arrest is increased. The reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood can further compromise the heart's ability to function properly, potentially leading to cardiac arrest.

at 77 kg myself, i plan to take 25g because it's the highest dose I could take and I'm not overweight so I don't need to go up to 30g. Chances are, by the looks of it, I'll die from cardiac arrest like what I've seen in medical articles I've come across when researching SN. I was wondering if there was also any keynote difference in the speed of how sn effects those with cardiovascular issues compared to those who don't, possibly also influenced by a difference in dose.

We all have different health issues and some may exacerbate the toxicity of sn so this was just the point of my curiosity, also considering the grade and purity people have consumed over the years to ctb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kurai, SVEN and losing hope