W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
I'm going cross-eyed trying to decide if there is even a difference in shades of pink on the bartovation vial, let alone which one matches my test results. Is there a different reliable brand of nitrite test strips that's easier to read? Or is there a way to adjust my test method? I followed vizzy's guide.

Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
I tried again and got even more confused! I tested plain water and the strip turned darker than the strips dipped in the sn solution! Not sure if I need different strips, different sn, or if I am doing something wrong during the testing process.

• Aww..
Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
andreamysk

andreamysk

Student
Jun 29, 2024
I tried again and got even more confused! I tested plain water and the strip turned darker than the strips dipped in the sn solution! Not sure if I need different strips, different sn, or if I am doing something wrong during the testing process.
If the strips 'darken' (i.e. 'colour') more in the water than in the sn mixture, I fear that you have a problem with the water or with the strips... As an alternative, there are also "drop test kits" that are perhaps even more sensitive and specific.

Reactions: wanttodie12345
W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
If the strips 'darken' (i.e. 'colour') more in the water than in the sn mixture, I fear that you have a problem with the water or with the strips... As an alternative, there are also "drop test kits" that are perhaps even more sensitive and specific.
Thank you! I was also thinking it could be the strips. I only did one strip in the plain water, I should have done more. So far, the drop test kits seem complicated, but I'm going to keep searching.