Sommeil

Sommeil

dodo
Mar 12, 2023
Is anybody familiar with brand of SN out there that comes in 32 oz format with yellow and green label? It says %99 pure. Won't post full name but it's PC B. It's for curing salmon eggs and powder is white, not pink.

Last edited:
Reactions: eternal.peace and greyblue_bian
timeslipp

timeslipp

Oct 30, 2023
Is anybody familiar with brand of SN out there that comes in 32 oz format with yellow and green label? It says %99 pure. Won't post full name but it's PC B. It's for curing salmon eggs and powder is white, not pink.
Hey I think I'm getting the same one as u lol. if you're still around, I plan on testing the purity when it comes in later today and can post my results here

T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Please let us know what your test results show. I read this in an older post - "Do not buy or use Pro-Cure or Reagent-inc SN. That user failed because they used Pro-cure (PC) brand SN which is known to be a scam. There are a lot of garbage products out there masquerading as SN."

Reactions: 0000000000000 and Iamtired
E

eternal.peace

Sep 15, 2023
Hey I think I'm getting the same one as u lol. if you're still around, I plan on testing the purity when it comes in later today and can post my results here
Yes please post the results if you are able and willing, I'd be grateful. I also saw the cautionary posts about PC @ThisUnrest . I've been considering this source but now am unsure about the purity and if it is reliable.

Reactions: Iamtired and timeslipp
timeslipp

timeslipp

Oct 30, 2023
Yes please post the results if you are able and willing, I'd be grateful. I also saw the cautionary posts about PC @ThisUnrest . I've been considering this source but now am unsure about the purity and if it is reliable.
Planning on doing it in a little bit, will report soon (fingers crossed)

Edit: it's going to have to be later today, not able to do with the time I have rn, will report once able to

Last edited:
Reactions: eternal.peace and pthnrdnojvsc
E

eternal.peace

Sep 15, 2023
Planning on doing it in a little bit, will report soon (fingers crossed)

Edit: it's going to have to be later today, not able to do with the time I have rn, will report once able to
Thank you for the update, I appreciate you!

Reactions: timeslipp
timeslipp

timeslipp

Oct 30, 2023
Alright, so I took the lid off of it for the first time and saw that there was no airtight/tamper seal on it. (Also very slightly bigger granules of SN in places)

Not a good start but went ahead and performed the aquarium test using 2x 1 liter bottles (distilled water) and 5g of SN, here is the results that I got at the end

(Nitrite on top tab, Nitrate on bottom tab)
IMG 0763
IMG 0764

It looks to me like this batch has already started the oxidation process, and can no longer be used reliably. (but second opinions are always appreciated)

All in all, I can't fully say whether it could have been >99% (as was claimed on the bottle) at one time, but it definitely has some degrading going on

• Aww..
Reactions: BlockHammer and eternal.peace
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
Alright, so I took the lid off of it for the first time and saw that there was no airtight/tamper seal on it. (Also very slightly bigger granules of SN in places)

Not a good start but went ahead and performed the aquarium test using 2x 1 liter bottles (distilled water) and 5g of SN, here is the results that I got at the end

(Nitrite on top tab, Nitrate on bottom tab)
View attachment 122510
View attachment 122511

It looks to me like this batch has already started the oxidation process, and can no longer be used reliably. (but second opinions are always appreciated)

All in all, I can't fully say whether it could have been >99% (as was claimed on the bottle) at one time, but it definitely has some degrading going on
My SN (Also 99% purity) Came inside a box on individual plastic bags, I stored them in an airtight container asap, but seeing this now has me worried as fuck, should I buy it again? Perhaps from another source?

Reactions: Iamtired
AshesofSadness

AshesofSadness

Oct 11, 2023
was the top layer of the product used for the test or put aside to test whats under?

edit: replied to the wrong message. trying to figure out how to fix it :/

Last edited:
timeslipp

timeslipp

Oct 30, 2023
was the top layer of the product used for the test or put aside to test whats under?

edit: replied to the wrong message. trying to figure out how to fix it :/
I did use the top layer for the test. In hindsight, I should have sifted through it to test the parts not as exposed to air šŸ˜…

Could still be hope for the product yet

D

Deleted member 65988

I did use the top layer for the test. In hindsight, I should have sifted through it to test the parts not as exposed to air šŸ˜…

Could still be hope for the product yet
If it's 500g of SN then yes, the bottom parts not exposed to air could be still purer. Also maybe the source you have is questionable as stated earlier in this post.

Reactions: losing hope and timeslipp
E

eternal.peace

Sep 15, 2023
@timeslipp thanks so much for testing and sharing the results, although I so much wish the results were more promising. :/ It seems like this might not be the most reliable source. Unfortunately it's the only one I've been able to find in the US.

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
@timeslipp thanks so much for testing and sharing the results, although I so much wish the results were more promising. :/ It seems like this might not be the most reliable source. Unfortunately it's the only one I've been able to find in the US.
I found a source from the Ukraine. They ship to the US. i haven't tested it for purity yet they stated 98% pure. And it was double wrapped and airtight sealed like a brick. I need to know how to store it first before I test it as I don't want the product to go bad.

Reactions: eternal.peace
E

eternal.peace

Sep 15, 2023
I found a source from the Ukraine. They ship to the US. i haven't tested it for purity yet they stated 98% pure. And it was double wrapped and airtight sealed like a brick. I need to know how to store it first before I test it as I don't want the product to go bad.
Thank you <3 sounds more promising given it was packaged and sealed well.

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Hi, are you able to share your source by any chance? I'm in Canada - thanks!