D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Does anyone know what the success rate for sn is? It seems like so many things can go wrong so I was wondering if anyone knows how effective the method is

Reactions: Finalnight
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
I don't know that there's a figure but if you follow the instructions exactly and prevent medical intervention 95%+ probably

Reactions: Finalnight, conarc and Zegers
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Lethal if you do not puke and do not receive medical assistance. SN basically causes the blood cells to be unable to transport oxygen to the brain so it is effective (done correctly)

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Finalnight, conarc and 1 other person
ApathyToLife

ApathyToLife

Send in the clowns.
Aug 18, 2023
Check out Vizzy's thread, I'm pretty sure there're some numbers in there too.

There're a lot of variables involved when it comes to SN success. Purity, supplementary medicine (AE, painkillers, benzos), whether you can tolerate the taste, can you withstand side effects aka symptoms and not give in to your SI and call emergency services while you're still conscious. Puking is what happens a lot with SN (even with AE), so one must always be prepared to drink a backup glass in case they throw up.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, aticeret and undecided
strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
I believe in the pph it says abt 90%

Reactions: conarc
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I used to believe that it was about 80%+
But I recently read a lot of unsuccessful stories so i don't know.
It's always the same - people drink 1 glass, then puking in a few minutes, drinking another glass, puking the second time, calling ER

Reactions: jessisme, Praestat_Mori, Meditation guide and 2 others
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
Does anyone know what the success rate for sn is? It seems like so many things can go wrong so I was wondering if anyone knows how effective the method is
What do you believe can go wrong, apart from SI kicking in and you calling for help?
If you've read up on the method, (plenty of information here) you'll know that it's a very high success rate as long as you stick to the regime 100%

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
What do you believe can go wrong, apart from SI kicking in and you calling for help?
If you've read up on the method, (plenty of information here) you'll know that it's a very high success rate as long as you stick to the regime 100%
Idk like sn not killing your but only leaving you with organ damage or brain damage. Like you just wake up from the attempt alive instead of dead. Also vomiting can cause failure

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
Idk like sn not killing your but only leaving you with organ damage or brain damage. Like you just wake up from the attempt alive instead of dead. Also vomiting can cause failure
Nobody knows the answer to that. Too many factors to consider.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Nobody knows the answer to that. Too many factors to consider.
Unlikely. No medical evidence available for an failed CTB attempt with permanent damage. Otherwise, proove it.
It's always the same - people drink 1 glass, then puking in a few minutes, drinking another glass, puking the second time, calling ER
Recent "stories" are most likely just stories to keep people away from SN...

Reactions: am1485, Deleted member 65988 and Meditation guide
I

iyusof

Sep 24, 2023
Some of the recent failed cases I have read on the forum are mostly kids... they seem so indecisive and reckless in their planning and execution.

A big part of the method to succeed is a calm mind in a calm environment. Recent failures I read about seemed too rushed, also read someone ate a burger after taking SN?! Some the SI and desire to ctb ain't strong enough from the start; thus they panic and freak out.

C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Some of the recent failed cases I have read on the forum are mostly kids... they seem so indecisive and reckless in their planning and execution.

A big part of the method to succeed is a calm mind in a calm environment. Recent failures I read about seemed too rushed, also read someone ate a burger after taking SN?! Some the SI and desire to ctb ain't strong enough from the start; thus they panic and freak out.
They seem... Recently, authorities also seem to make a lot of effort to invent and tell stories here. This is an anonymous website. Nothing is for real until proven with credible evidence.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
There is an older list of failures someone compiled back when we got honest accurate reports on this site from lots of people about what happened as they took SN. I may have a copy of that or it might be available here somewhere.

Reactions: am1485
D

Deleted member 65988

Of course the unsuccessful stories will make you think otherwise about how lethal this method is because they are from survivors and since those who died from SN can't confirm they did then it will seem like SN fails more times than not. In an article I read that outlined cases where sn was taken with suicidal intent, this is what was said

"An increasing trend in the use of sodium nitrite as a suicidal agent has been reported [4]. The review of the literature confirms the high fatality rate with a reported fatal outcome in 73.8% of the cases where sodium nitrite was ingested with suicidal intentions."

73.8 is still a high fatality rate whichever way you look at if. By the way, it was 42 cases above with only 11 surviving while 31 died, some were found dead while others were taken to ER but we're DOA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Minsu
R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
If you do not do the last part - calling ER, I think the rate is very high. At least 80%+ easily.

Reactions: Minsu
D

Deleted member 65988

no it does not, I don't know why people still run with the idea that vomiting can cause failure, how many times have we seen people vomit BUT still ctb. The only way someone would fail is vomiting is due to the SN almost immediately being vomited due to taste or inability to finish the entire drink.

Even in medical literature where people have been found dead, there was vomit at the scene.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There is an older list of failures someone compiled back when we got honest accurate reports on this site from lots of people about what happened as they took SN. I may have a copy of that or it might be available here somewhere.
Do you refer to this thread from Vizzy (RIP) ?

Reactions: Euthanza