S

serenec

Nov 29, 2023
Good evening everyone!

I have just been reading some new-ish threads about testing SN? What is this about? How is this done?

I am in the UK and eventually managed to receive some which definitely looks genuine, but I did not think about testing. How does one go about this? Something about a fish tank?

Love to all, Serene x

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
You'll need aquarium test strips, normally used for fish tanks but are a viable way to test SN because they test the presence of nitrite.
Nitrite levels must be ~50ppm and it's normal for nitrate to show up on the test as well.

Reactions: underthedatetree, Praestat_Mori, WonderingSoul and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023

S

serenec

Nov 29, 2023
You'll need aquarium test strips, normally used for fish tanks but are a viable way to test SN because they test the presence of nitrite.
Nitrite levels must be ~50ppm and it's normal for nitrate to show up on the test as well.
Thank you, and how do you conduct the test? Does the SN need to be mixed with water? How much? I only have a limited amount.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Thank you, and how do you conduct the test? Does the SN need to be mixed with water? How much? I only have a limited amount.
For the entirety of the test, you'll only need 5gm SN.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
People also test it with their blood. They extract some and mix it with the SN on a surface and it tends to make the blood turn a darker browner colour.

Please bear in mind that it may not be good to break the seal on the container though- without a way of sealing it back up in an airtight way. I'm no expert on this but I'd advise you do research on this first. When you have more posts, the search function will become available.

Reactions: serenec
S

serenec

Nov 29, 2023
People also test it with their blood. They extract some and mix it with the SN on a surface and it tends to make the blood turn a darker browner colour.

Please bear in mind that it may not be good to break the seal on the container though- without a way of sealing it back up in an airtight way. I'm no expert on this but I'd advise you do research on this first. When you have more posts, the search function will become available.
Thank you that's really helpful

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep