CatchingTheBusK

CatchingTheBusK

Mar 13, 2020
Hello all,

I have got SN and approaching my ctb date. I couldn't get any prescription for AE and couldn't find a reliable vendor online.
I have got OTC meto i.e. Anagraine which contains 5mg Meto and 500mg paracetamol.
So, I'd need 6 anagraine tablets to cover the AE needs. But the dose of paracetamol could be higher.
Would this work?
I also can't get sedatives or beta blockers. I can get OTC sedatives like Dozile or Restavit. Do they work too?

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Hello all,

I have got SN and approaching my ctb date. I couldn't get any prescription for AE and couldn't find a reliable vendor online.
I have got OTC meto i.e. Anagraine which contains 5mg Meto and 500mg paracetamol.
So, I'd need 6 anagraine tablets to cover the AE needs. But the dose of paracetamol could be higher.
Would this work?
I also can't get sedatives or beta blockers. I can get OTC sedatives like Dozile or Restavit. Do they work too?

Anagraine will function fine as an antiemetic as long as you take the required amount of tablets (six, as you mention) to make up the necessary 30mg total meto dosage. The total amount of paracetamol involved would be 3,000mg (3g), which is under the daily recommended limit of 4,000mg (4mg) (REF). This is assuming you are following the stat dose protocol.

If you wanted to follow the two-day regimen, see here for info.

OTC sedatives are unfortunately unlikely to do very much, if anything at all. There may also be risks of them interacting with the SN, so you would definitely want to run them and SN through the drugs.com interaction checker.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatchingTheBusK and Zappfe lover
CatchingTheBusK

CatchingTheBusK

Mar 13, 2020
Anagraine will function fine as an antiemetic as long as you take the required amount of tablets (six, as you mention) to make up the necessary 30mg total meto dosage. The total amount of paracetamol involved would be 3,000mg (3g), which is under the daily recommended limit of 4,000mg (4mg) (REF). This is assuming you are following the stat dose protocol.

If you wanted to follow the two-day regimen, see here for info.

OTC sedatives are unfortunately unlikely to do very much, if anything at all. There may also be risks of them interacting with the SN, so you would definitely want to run them and SN through the drugs.com interaction checker.
Thanks for the reply.

I also came to know Prochloperazine maleate is OTC branded as Nausetil which requires talking with the pharmacist.

So, i could get some Nausetil.

In that case, Nausetil would be better option than Anagraine, right?

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for the reply.

I also came to know Prochloperazine maleate is OTC branded as Nausetil which requires talking with the pharmacist.

So, i could get some Nausetil.

In that case, Nausetil would be better option than Anagraine, right?

No, I would strongly recommend you stick with Anagraine, as the use of meto is recommended by both the PPH and Stan's Guide.

While Nausetil (prochlorperazine) does seem to be a dopamine antagonist, it is listed as having a possible side effect of bradycardia (fast heart rate), which in combination with the increased heart rate caused by SN (when not using an optional beta blocker) may be a distressing symptom. It also has the possible side effect of constipation, which might suggest related effects on slowing gastric emptying, which would be a possible issue with SN.

While none of these factors would definitely rule it out, I would say that Anagraine is definitely the preferred option and there is zero benefit of choosing prochlorperazine and only the possible negatives above.

Reactions: thats_a_wrap and Zappfe lover