I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
I got 500g of SN a few weeks ago. I followed the guide for testing in the SN bible thread. But the results were weird. Like the test strips showed high amounts of nitrate and the concentrations of nitrate and nitrite combined were higher that the amount of powder that was supposed to be in there. I got some different test strips and tested again and again got confusing results.

I just did another test again with one of the chemical test kits. But I'm having difficulty telling the shades apart now. So I'm posting here to see what people think the purity is. Or at least if it looks like it's enough to do the job.

I tested a drop of blood with one grain of the SN and it all turned dark in about 5 or so seconds. But it wasn't much blood, just what you use for the diabetic test strips.

The SN also came in a bottle that was already opened and half full. The cap was on tightly but the seal was obviously broken that it had been opened.

Here's the results from the chemical kit. Following the guide it's supposed to be 5mg/L of SN and it was sold as 99% pure. I can't tell if the nitrite is 2 or 5 mg/L and it looks to me like the nitrate is around 10mg/L. Totalling 12-15mg.L for both. But if the guide is accurate there should only be 5mg/L total. The vials off to the sides are testing distilled water for comparison.
Sn test

Reactions: caushin11
N

newjourney

Jul 1, 2024
I didn't understand a lot of the post to be honest but I noticed you said Nitrate as opposed to Nitrite. Did you purchase the correct substance? You are after Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2)… I'm guessing you know what you're talking about but it's a common mistake I've seen at least 5 times here already.

As for the pre-opened bottle, personally, that would raise alarms for me. I got mine from a legit source and it came in a sealed pharma industry bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
I didn't understand a lot of the post to be honest but I noticed you said Nitrate as opposed to Nitrite. Did you purchase the correct substance? You are after Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2)… I'm guessing you know what you're talking about but it's a common mistake I've seen at least 5 times here already.

As for the pre-opened bottle, personally, that would raise alarms for me. I got mine from a legit source and it came in a sealed pharma industry bottle.
It raised concerns from me too. They became less professional in their communications once I placed the order. Once I placed the order the messaged me and said that the substance was special and they were changing what it was declared as for shipping. The bottle only had one small tag on it saying 'toner'. I didn't ask them to do that. I found someone else posting here with almost the exact same experience as me. They couldn't figure it out for sure either. I'm waiting for them to post their testing of new SN they got from a different supplier.

I don't know if the supplier I found is known for being real or fake. I was originally signing up here to find a supplier that would deliver to Canada. I found this one on my own around the same time and had decided to wait an see if it was real or a scam when I got my shipment. I still can't figure it out.

This is what I ordered or at least what it said I was ordering: "Sodium Nitrite Purity Degree 99% CAS No. 7632-00-0"
That is what I'm after if it's real? Is it not?