D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Does anyone know how quickly sn turns to nitrate after exposure with oxygen? I opened mine a couple of times to do the test but sealed it afterwards. Should I get a new one or is it still good?

Reactions: Lost cherry and Meditation guide
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
it's most likely good, as long as you sealed it tight.
may i ask where you got yours? you can pm if you wish.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023

N

NewSereneC

Dec 2, 2023
it's most likely good, as long as you sealed it tight.
may i ask where you got yours? you can pm if you wish.
If we are allowed to share, I have a reliable source in the UK?

Reactions: hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
If we are allowed to share, I have a reliable source in the UK?
yea you cant share on the public area, but you can PM me to share, that's allowed.
just press or hover over my username, and on the bottom you should see "start conversation"

N

NewSereneC

Dec 2, 2023
yea you cant share on the public area, but you can PM me to share, that's allowed.
just press or hover over my username, and on the bottom you should see "start conversation"
My assistive tech failed the other night due to a power cut and I lost my passwords for a lot of things, including this. This is my new account so I will have to wait to be able to message you I believe.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
My assistive tech failed the other night due to a power cut and I lost my passwords for a lot of things, including this. This is my new account so I will have to wait to be able to message you I believe.
aww i'm sorry that happened, i hope you get stuff back soon good luck <3

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
is it accurate?

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
is it accurate?
In theory, it's as accurate as anything else on this forum. Just people doing their own research and being nice enough to share. It's on the user whether or not to trust it.

D

Deleted member 65988

Does anyone know how quickly sn turns to nitrate after exposure with oxygen? I opened mine a couple of times to do the test but sealed it afterwards. Should I get a new one or is it still good?
mmike I'll make this very easy for you, there was a user Clown17 who believed his sn wouldn't work after opening it because the narrative was that once you open sn, it's now on the clock to oxidize ans very fast, this misunderstanding that it's really that fragile of a manufactured chemical. Now Clown actually nearly died despite the fact that they believed the sn they ingested wouldn't work but it nearly did, that should show that sn is very much not liable to degrade that fast however its not to be mishandled.

My point is, don't be too overly stressed out about something like this when it's been shown that SN is not that fragile and so long as you avoid exposure to moisture, heat sources or sources of ignition as stated in the Safety Data sheet supplied by chemical companies/suppliers then you will be fine, if you feel the need to buy more sn then by all means do it if it makes you feel better.

• Informative
Reactions: Mayonaise
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
mmike I'll make this very easy for you, there was a user Clown17 who believed his sn wouldn't work after opening it because the narrative was that once you open sn, it's now on the clock to oxidize ans very fast, this misunderstanding that it's really that fragile of a manufactured chemical. Now Clown actually nearly died despite the fact that they believed the sn they ingested wouldn't work but it nearly did, that should show that sn is very much not liable to degrade that fast however its not to be mishandled.

My point is, don't be too overly stressed out about something like this when it's been shown that SN is not that fragile and so long as you avoid exposure to moisture, heat sources or sources of ignition as stated in the Safety Data sheet supplied by chemical companies/suppliers then you will be fine, if you feel the need to buy more sn then by all means do it if it makes you feel better.
thanks for the elaborate answer. Yeah im worried a bit. I have had my sn for about a year bu opened it only to test it then sealed i back up

D

Deleted member 65988

thanks for the elaborate answer. Yeah im worried a bit. I have had my sn for about a year bu opened it only to test it then sealed i back up
Trust me, If the actual companies that manufacture SN were that concerned about exposure to air being that much of a problem to maintain the chemical purity then it would've been noted as a condition to avoid on the Safety Data Sheet for SN alongside moisture, I mean think about it, during the manufacturing process itself, the SN is exposed to air to some degree even before it reaches suppliers to be sold so what's you opening it just once to test it and seal it back up going to do to harm its purity, there are standards in place to make sure chemicals like SN maintain its high purity for analytical purposes for a long time otherwise why should any lab buy sn for whatever purpose they intend to use it for even acquire it, nevermind some of us who intend to use it for ctb so just take a breather and relax ok, and this goes for anyone concerned about their sn going bad after having being opened once or a few times with very limited exposure to air with a lot of moisture unless you mishandled it.

to add to this, SN is not inherently known for absorbing moisture. However, its hygroscopicity, or ability to absorb moisture, can depend on various factors such as purity and storage conditions. In general, it's less hygroscopic compared to some other substances, but exposure to humid air over time may lead to some absorption of moisture. It needs exposure to humid air in order to be at great risk of degradation, not normal room temperature air.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: doggiesarecute, Jessi76, hi-okbye and 2 others