nibbleone

Student
Oct 14, 2023
Has anyone tested the YT SN on Amazon?

justamirror

justamirror

center and blind
Aug 17, 2024
I just bought some - will do a blood test when I get it in two days.

N

nibbleone

Student
Oct 14, 2023
cool. stay in touch

Reactions: justamirror
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
Keep me posted. I have been out of the loop, so all of the new abbreviations are new to me.

N

nibbleone

Student
Oct 14, 2023
By the way, the CAS number on mine is different than what SN is tho it says sodium nitrite.

justamirror

justamirror

center and blind
Aug 17, 2024
By the way, the CAS number on mine is different than what SN is tho it says sodium nitrite.
I got mine just now, the CAS number comes up with hydrochloric acid - I'm fairly certain hydrochloric acid doesn't come in a crystalline form lol. I tasted a very very small amount for science and it was very salty. I did a blood test and it immediately turned dark brown and became thicker. Highly doubt this is hydrochloric acid like the CAS number says xD. Wonder why they are doing that .. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: akwa
Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
I almost bought that SN but ended up purchasing from a culinary website instead, the shipping seems like it will be faster (fingers crossed) and I didn't have to jump through hoops to make a business account. Would love to know if it's a good source though, just in case mine falls through.

Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
I almost bought that SN but ended up purchasing from a culinary website instead, the shipping seems like it will be faster (fingers crossed) and I didn't have to jump through hoops to make a business account. Would love to know if it's a good source though, just in case mine falls through.
This is good to know. Is it just a regular website accessible to anyone if you google it, and is it shipping from your country or internationally? What country are you in btw if you are comfortable sharing that?

Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
This is good to know. Is it just a regular website accessible to anyone if you google it, and is it shipping from your country or internationally? What country are you in btw if you are comfortable sharing that?
It is a regular website accessible to anyone, and has really good reviews. They sell speciality culinary ingredients like different types of cocoa powder, flavor oils, and curing agents like SN. I am in the USA and so is this company.

Reactions: sweetcreep and nihilistic_dragon
N

nibbleone

Student
Oct 14, 2023
I don't know.

I actually have SN from 3 different sources including YT. The aquarium test doesn't look right for them. Maybe the aquarium test isn't correct?

The YT doesn't have the same yellowish tint that the one from a SN manufacturer has.

I wish Vizzy was still around. He would've known what's what.
It is a regular website accessible to anyone, and has really good reviews. They sell speciality culinary ingredients like different types of cocoa powder, flavor oils, and curing agents like SN. I am in the USA and so is this company.
Is it 95+% SN?
I got mine just now, the CAS number comes up with hydrochloric acid - I'm fairly certain hydrochloric acid doesn't come in a crystalline form lol. I tasted a very very small amount for science and it was very salty. I did a blood test and it immediately turned dark brown and became thicker. Highly doubt this is hydrochloric acid like the CAS number says xD. Wonder why they are doing that .. ?
Thanks for your feedback! Are you going to do any other testing?
Probably a mistake on labeling. Mine says the same.

Last edited:
Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
Is it 95+% SN?

It appears so but I can't 100% swear by it until I have it myself. It's listed just as SN and the photos are of a granular, off-white substance. It's not pink like the 6.25% SN salt mixtures are. The price seems right too for pure SN so I'll find out I guess. There's a massive disclaimer on the website about not using it for any purposes other than culinary and that anyone found to be buying it for other purposes will have their account suspended, so to me that suggests it is the real deal.

Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
justamirror

justamirror

center and blind
Aug 17, 2024
I don't know.

I actually have SN from 3 different sources including YT. The aquarium test doesn't look right for them. Maybe the aquarium test isn't correct?

The YT doesn't have the same yellowish tint that the one from a SN manufacturer has.

I wish Vizzy was still around. He would've known what's what.

Is it 95+% SN?

Thanks for your feedback! Are you going to do any other testing?

Probably a mistake on labeling. Mine says the same.
not sure you said you tested the YT stuff and the aquarium test is negative/low purity/nitrate? I'm getting a little suspicious. It is pure white. I might just message the seller and ask what's up lol. I also might wait till I have a little more money and get from a eastern source that's known to work.

edit: I just message the seller on jungle site to see if they can ease my suspicions.

Last edited:
N

nibbleone

Student
Oct 14, 2023
not sure you said you tested the YT stuff and the aquarium test is negative/low purity/nitrate? I'm getting a little suspicious. It is pure white. I might just message the seller and ask what's up lol. I also might wait till I have a little more money and get from a eastern source that's known to work.

edit: I just message the seller on jungle site to see if they can ease my suspicions.
I got no response from them and the phone number doesn't work. Suspicious.

I'm not sure if my test strips are good.

SonicFan1994

SonicFan1994

Jun 17, 2024
shit anyone got any updates? I also have YT SN i havent opened the bag yet unless im using it. now people sayings its bunk? fuck

comes in med size silver bag, got alot. also havent tested.

justamirror

justamirror

center and blind
Aug 17, 2024
I got no response from them and the phone number doesn't work. Suspicious.

I'm not sure if my test strips are good.
they messaged me back and told me since the wrong CAS # is on the bag you may have received the wrong product and to return it. I think that's bullshit. I'm just gonna grab some from xyz and not open it till I'm ready. I know for a fact it's not what the CAS # says I'm pretty sure that stuff doesn't ever come in that form lol. But that doesn't mean it's legit it could be another salt variant it's still salty. I also know aquarium tests aren't a good way to test either so I think we just buy from sources we know have been legit. Don't mess with anything else.

S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
Just got mine..haven't opened it yet but yeah it's true the cas# comes back to hydrochloric acid and the company seems sketch even though it says sodium nitrite 99.9 percent. Haven't tested it yet but honestly seems too good to be true. I think I might just try and find dmc source since people are saying it's legit. Hope this helps

Reactions: SonicFan1994
N

notahappygirl

Student
Jun 6, 2023
I know of a member who successfully ctb using YT from Amazon!

S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
Just saw this..are you sure it's legit?? Did you buy it and test it. I have some sitting in my cupboard right now unopened and was trying to buy from dmc source to get that peace of mind. Damn what should I do? Should I just ctb tonight instead of waiting for dmc?? This whole thing is driving me nuts!

N

notahappygirl

Student
Jun 6, 2023
Can we get a Link to his goodbye post? I also have YT

S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
But what leads us to believe they got the sn from Amazon?? I didn't see that anywhere in the thread?

• Informative
Reactions: SonicFan1994
Lulu Sun

Lulu Sun

Sep 5, 2024
I also got YT from Amazon, it just arrived today, it says it SN 99.9%, but to be honest I don't think it's real, because the cas# is wrong

Reactions: SonicFan1994 and sadlittleman32
S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
I got my dmc package today!! Fuck Amazon I'm not even gonna bother or will maybe keep for back up…I'm trying to ctb this weekend just trying to get AE but if not then fuck it I'll attempt anyways. Best of luck to all

Reactions: notahappygirl
N

notahappygirl

Student
Jun 6, 2023
But what leads us to believe they got the sn from Amazon?? I didn't see that anywhere in the thread?
I talk to her through message she told me she got YT from Amazon and was going to use it. After her goodbye thread she didn't respond to me

Reactions: sadlittleman32
S

sadlittleman32

Sep 17, 2024
I guess it's kind of relief to know I'll have a decent backup option then…but as I said above I'm gonna try dmc first. Last question though, did she get it with a business account after Amazon banned it a few years back? How recent was her ctb?