R

righttodie17

Aug 21, 2024
So 6 months ago before my mom got diagnosed with breast cancer I bought what I thought was sodium nitrite and kept it for when I wanted to revisit this. I haven't wanted to live this entire time but felt guilty leaving her during her chemo and recovery process. She is now cancer free and I want to resume my plan. I noticed my package says sodium nitrate not nitrite. I know stupid but that was the only option and the back said it turned into SN. Can anyone explain why I can't use sodium nitrate instead? The only other one I can find it says sodium nitrite curing pink salt. I've looked everywhere. Please help me

Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
The main component of SN that leads to death is the nitrite, not the sodium. It causes methemoglobinemia. Sodium nitrate does not, except in rare cases where certain intestinal bacteria converts it to nitrite.

Nitrate, rather than causing death, will simply cause a host of painful and unpleasant symptoms, including but not limited to: Gastroenteritis, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Headache, Mental impairment, Blood with loose stools, Convulsions and collapse, Vomiting, and Kidney abnormalities.

I definitely would not try to ctb with nitrate. There are a number of examples here on the forum who have tried and to my knowledge all failed.

• Informative
Reactions: The Crybaby and razahcareca27
Upvote 0