T

TheGreatEscape

Mar 1, 2020
My SN has arrived and I have a line on antiemetics to collect next week.

I live alone and hate the idea of rotting in my house—it really could be months until I'm discovered. I'm not close enough to anyone local to burden them with a delayed email.

I've considered taking the SN in my car late at night while parked on a public street that would be empty at the time but busy the next day. I could also do something similar on a empty hiking trail at night where I'd be found the next day.
Any other ideas? I feel guilty about using a hotel room but I guess that is also an option.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fin, lukespain22, Wrennie and 2 others
Sadpat

Sadpat

Grasping at straws
Feb 8, 2021
A hotel room would work just make sure you leave a note for the housekeepers to avoid any trauma.

Reactions: lukespain22, Oozzy and thundercat
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
I've given this some thought. If you ctb in a public place, especially outdoors, then there would no doubt be news coverage. For some, that wouldn't matter because they would be dead, and if that's you, then I think that's a good solution. For me, that wouldn't work because I wouldn't want the notoriety, even after my death, assuming my identity was disclosed, and I would have no control over that. I know we all have to die of something eventually, but there is still a lot of stigma attached to suicide and I've already dealt with enough stigma in my life.

A hotel room would probably be the best solution for me because I'm guessing that the establishment wouldn't necessarily want a suicide to be in the news as it could be bad for business. It would be upsetting for the housekeeper who walks in on my dead body, but again, people die all the time, and it comes with the territory. I would make sure to leave a good tip. If I were to ctb at home, my corpse would surely be discovered by a family member and I prefer that it be somebody else.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Fin, Wrennie, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
I'm in a similar predicament - where to do it?

I have everything I need - SN, meto etc - but no location. I would really like to do it in my bedroom but it would be horrible for the other people who live in the house. I don't have a car but taking my tent into the nearby national park would be a great option if it wasn't freezing outside.

All the local hotels are closed at the moment but I worry booking into a hotel would put a clock on actually taking the solution.
It would put you under a time constraint, for sure, because one way or another, you would eventually have to "check out". Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Reactions: Wrennie, neitherherenorthere, fred farkle and 2 others
T

TheGreatEscape

Mar 1, 2020
One other thought: I frequently run or hike on the trail I mentioned. When I do, I take my keys but not my wallet. Sometimes I take my phone but often do not.

I've considered pouring the SN mixture into a disposable water bottle with no container behind. If I wander off the trail before going through the procedure, there is a chance it could be a few days or more before I'm found, and also that animals could have messed with my body during that time.

If that's the case, is there any chance that an autopsy wouldn't show how I really died? Especially if I'm unidentified and not considered "missing" at the time so perhaps no real effort is made to figure out what happened?

Reactions: Keto
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Why would you go off the trail if the point is to ensure that your body is found soon after you ctb? If you're worried about animals, why not just stay in the car then? The SN will likely cause some discomfort, so maybe lay down in the back seat as opposed to the bare ground. If you want to be identified, why not at least take your driver's license with you? The SN is supposed to make your skin turn blue, so a coroner could easily figure out cause of death.

Reactions: Wrennie and x~Sophia~x
L

lifesucksxoxo

Nov 3, 2020
I've given this some thought. If you ctb in a public place, especially outdoors, then there would no doubt be news coverage. For some, that wouldn't matter because they would be dead, and if that's you, then I think that's a good solution. For me, that wouldn't work because I wouldn't want the notoriety, even after my death, assuming my identity was disclosed, and I would have no control over that. I know we all have to die of something eventually, but there is still a lot of stigma attached to suicide and I've already dealt with enough stigma in my life.

A hotel room would probably be the best solution for me because I'm guessing that the establishment wouldn't necessarily want a suicide to be in the news as it could be bad for business. It would be upsetting for the housekeeper who walks in on my dead body, but again, people die all the time, and it comes with the territory. I would make sure to leave a good tip. If I were to ctb at home, my corpse would surely be discovered by a family member and I prefer that it be somebody else.
That's a good thing if there is news coverage. People will know you.

B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
That's a good thing if there is news coverage. People will know you.
I'd prefer to be anonymous in death. No obituary. No official cause of death announced publicly. No funeral. There's a horrible story about me on the internet that isn't even true, at least not in its entirety. It's the main reason I want to ctb. I wouldn't want people to be connecting this story with my obituary to explain my death. Let them wonder.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
C

Cat5050

Feb 5, 2021
I'd prefer to be anonymous in death. No obituary. No official cause of death announced publicly. No funeral. There's a horrible story about me on the internet that isn't even true, at least not in its entirety. It's the main reason I want to ctb. I wouldn't want people to be connecting this story with my obituary to explain my death. Let them wonder.
Why don't you get the story off the Internet?

Reactions: Pookie
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Why don't you get the story off the Internet?
I've got someone working on that, but it's been out there for two years and cost me my job, career and reputation. So even if it gets removed, I still plan to ctb.

C

Cat5050

Feb 5, 2021
I've got someone working on that, but it's been out there for two years and cost me my job, career and reputation. So even if it gets removed, I still plan to ctb.
What kind of story was it?

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
It would be upsetting for the housekeeper who walks in on my dead body, but again, people die all the time, and it comes with the territory. I would make sure to leave a good tip. If I were to ctb at home, my corpse would surely be discovered by a family member and I prefer that it be somebody else.
Leave a "DO NOT ENTER - SUICIDE - CONTACT POLICE" note on the door.

Reactions: Sadpat and Wrennie
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
It would put you under a time constraint, for sure, because one way or another, you would eventually have to "check out". Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Haha you found a way out of the Hotel California

• Love
Reactions: booray and Wrennie