• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Z

zolbant

May 30, 2022
Hello everyone,

This is my first thread, I see others have also bumped into the same problem with SN, its hard to find and you need to be licensed to order it usually in the EU. People who are from Eu, and who are still alive, have you found a good source for SN?
Thanks.

Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
I'm not sure. I live not too far away, EU member state and I can buy 500 g package of 98,5% purity sodium nitrite for 3,5€. I don't think it's that regulated? Isn't it widely used in curing meat?

Upvote 0
thendfornow

thendfornow

Mar 29, 2022
I'm not sure. I live not too far away, EU member state and I can buy 500 g package of 98,5% purity sodium nitrite for 3,5€. I don't think it's that regulated? Isn't it widely used in curing meat?
where ? can u give me a link

Upvote 0
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

May 26, 2022
where ? can u give me a link
I can't vouch for the reliability of the source. Linking vendors is prohibited on this site unless done via PM. Have you tried typing in NaNO2 in Google? I can see multiple results. Unless it's a controlled substance in your state.

Reactions: thendfornow
Upvote 0
Z

zolbant

May 30, 2022
Really? That's odd. I read you cand buy pure sn in eu. I checked out some websites but didn't find any reliable ones. Are you sure that's reliable? 3,5€ seems too cheap to be true for me.

Upvote 0
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

May 26, 2022
Really? That's odd. I read you cand buy pure sn in eu. I checked out some websites but didn't find any reliable ones. Are you sure that's reliable? 3,5€ seems too cheap to be true for me.
Not really. Sodium nitrite is one of the ingredients in cooking for speeding up the meat curing process. I just took a look at the ingredients list on the dried sausage I have in my fridge and E250 is listed there. I know there have been some regional bans in European Union on E250 use in foods as it is carcinogenic and I assume that the substance itself can be banned in some countries to prevent people from using it in food specifically.

3,5€ isn't too cheap. It's just a cooking agent.

The preservative E250 is banned in Norway, Sweden, Canada and, partially, in Germany.

Upvote 0
Z

zolbant

May 30, 2022
Not really. Sodium nitrite is one of the ingredients in cooking for speeding up the meat curing process. I just took a look at the ingredients list on the dried sausage I have in my fridge and E250 is listed there. I know there have been some regional bans in European Union on E250 use in foods as it is carcinogenic and I assume that the substance itself can be banned in some countries to prevent people from using it in food specifically.

3,5€ isn't too cheap. It's just a cooking agent.

I know its widely used in the food industry, but still cant find a website that I can order from that doesn't require a licence that I am from a company and I need it for laboratory stuff or food stuff. In Hungary you can buy "pàc-só" which has the SN already mixed in, but since I need the pure one, thats no good for me. Anyways thanks for the comments, i'll just keep my eyes open and search until I find something.

Upvote 0
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

May 26, 2022
I know its widely used in the food industry, but still cant find a website that I can order from that doesn't require a licence that I am from a company and I need it for laboratory stuff or food stuff. In Hungary you can buy "pàc-só" which has the SN already mixed in, but since I need the pure one, thats no good for me. Anyways thanks for the comments, i'll just keep my eyes open and search until I find something.
As I mentioned earlier where I live you can buy it on the local eBay equivalent. I assume the restrictions vary from country to country. Perhaps you could order from an European country, but then again I'm not sure if it would be legal and if the quality would be what the manufacturer states.

Upvote 0
Z

zolbant

May 30, 2022
As I mentioned earlier where I live you can buy it on the local eBay equivalent. I assume the restrictions vary from country to country. Perhaps you could order from an European country, but then again I'm not sure if it would be legal and if the quality would be what the manufacturer states.
You were right, just bought some from a local store. 100g cost 0,8€. It't technical and at least 95%pure. I'm so happy. I'm gonna try to take it in august.

Upvote 0