• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
I got my SN about an year ago, its sealed in the box. When I checked it today it has become hard (solid).

will it still work? I never opened the box so I don't know how it turned solid?

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I know clumping is supposed to be normal, but I've never heard of this. Kinda makes me wanna check on my similarly aged SN. Following for info

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Was it air tight this whole time? Clumping is normal so if you can break it up into smaller pieces it should be fine, it's weird that it's solid tho. It seems to me that extra moisture got into it which made it harden

• Hugs
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and Weeping Garbage Can
G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
I never opened the bottle as I planned to keep it preserved. So ideally cluming should not have happened. I will recheck to see if I opened the bottle before or any cracks which let the air in.

Now I am worried if it became nitrate and I will have to get a new one.
I know clumping is supposed to be normal, but I've never heard of this. Kinda makes me wanna check on my similarly aged SN. Following for info
Please check and update in this thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and AbsoluteNothingness
Mimikyu

Mimikyu

Dec 8, 2019
Some clumping is normal, but if there's too much clumping, then I wouldn't recommend you use it. Clumping occurs when the SN starts absorbing the water molecules in the environment, causing it to clump up (the same thing happens with baking soda). But with SN, this clumping is also a sign that the SN is being improperly stored and that it's being converted to Sodium Nitrate, which isn't good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robyn, goomsoom, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
When I get mine, I am going to use a Food Saver vacuum sealer to further secure the sealed bottles in an airtight vacuum sealed bag.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness
Mimikyu

Mimikyu

Dec 8, 2019
When I get mine, I am going to use a Food Saver vacuum sealer to further secure the sealed bottles in an airtight vacuum sealed bag.
That's a good idea!

What I did with my SN is: I weighed out 25g, and placed it into an Ziploc bag. Then I weighed out an extra 2.5g, and placed it into a separate Ziploc bag- the 2.5g isn't necessary, I have it included just in case of degradation over time. Then placed the 2 unsealed Ziploc bags into a vacuum sealing bag and vacuum sealed it. That way there's not air in it at all. The result is a solid brick of SN.

I think this method might be better since the SN may arrive with some air in the bottle, especially if it's not filled all the way. And it helps to protect the vendor since the bottle and its label would no longer be used for storage and can be thrown away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnip
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I never opened the bottle as I planned to keep it preserved. So ideally cluming should not have happened. I will recheck to see if I opened the bottle before or any cracks which let the air in.

Now I am worried if it became nitrate and I will have to get a new one.

Please check and update in this thread.
Mine looks to be about 50-50. Half of it is still powder, but half is in a large chunk

Reactions: rabbithole and goomsoom
F

freedom_in_death

Nov 8, 2021
I've just received my SN and the zip lock bag it is in feels very cold. Did this happen to anyone else?