H

H_K_A

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, I am having doubt about the SN metod. Tried to drink tablesalt twice and did vomit both times. I feel sure about that I am going to vomit when I try SN. How is the taste compered to tablesalt? Is there a chance that I wont vomit?

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
25 gram is a bit more than a tablespoon right? Oh shit it seems it is closer to two. Haven't thought about it actually

Last edited:
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
How painful is SN actually? I've heard conflicting reports, some say it is completely painless, others claim they've survived an attempt and experienced a lot of pain. How can we be confident in exactly how painful it is? There may be some variance in how much pain is experienced due to unknown factors, but there should be some kind of an average pain score for it, it would be very useful.

B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
When I will do it I will document it as thoroughly as possible. I can compare it to a very bad alcohol poisoning, didn't like it
It is weird people are stopping posting almost instantly, I don't believe they loose consciousness that fast

Last edited:
Reactions: Mgl91 and Superdeterminist
A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
From what I can gather ensuring that you have fasted, and taking the correct SN (20g) in the correct water solution (50ml) gives as good a chance as any. Taking painkillers in advance will help reduce any throat, headache pain. Anti-emetics will give you a better chance of ensuring it stays in your stomach. Other little things like washing out your mouth first with mouthwash, or rubbing your gums and tongue with toothpaste will reduce the shock of the taste. Having a little chocolate to munch on once you've taken the SN will also ease the taste.

Bottom line is that none of us really know what it will be like until we do it.
When I will do it I will document it as thoroughly as possible. I can compare it to a very bad alcohol poisoning, didn't like it
It is weird people are stopping posting almost instantly, I don't believe they loose consciousness that fast

I've wondered about that as well. I think so long as I've managed to get the SN drink into my stomach I'll lie down as soon as possible and put some music on to relax to. Might just be that they want peace in their final moments.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal and bigdog
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the neurological mechanism that causes you to puke after ingesting the SN would be different than after ingesting table salt. Ingesting that much salt may lead to an upset stomach, but the SN reaction is based on survival. That's why the AE for SN consumption needs to be a dopamine blocker. I don't think the two scenarios are comparable.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Yeet another of these threads. If assisted suicide was available with no questions asked, with strawberry-flavoured N, I'm sure some would be saying how it is not vanilla so they have misgivings.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cyberlordsumit, falloutcarter13, autumnal and 6 others
A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
Yeet another of these threads. If assisted suicide was available with no questions asked, with strawberry-flavoured N, I'm sure some would be saying how it is not vanilla so they have misgivings.
True, though to be fair its natural when the method has so many unknowns. If someone said you drink this sweet drink and go straight to sleep we'd all do it and there would be no threads here.

Reactions: mediocre and woxihuanni
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020

I don't know how quickly SN takes effect, but you may be surprised by how fast-acting some substances can be. Additionally, before loss of consciousness, there may be a slew of other inhibiting effects, like discomfort, fatigue, a sense of dread, which may prevent users from posting after ingestion.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
after 30-60 seconds

It doesn't sound like you'll be able to do SN. You'd have to be able to keep it down for several minutes for enough of it to absorb. Yes, SN is different from salt, but it is still a salt and will taste like salt, so if you can't keep down regular salt, I doubt you'll be able to keep down SN.

Reactions: Brink
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
I drank around 60 70 ml very salty water but didnt vomit last week. I had taken very small dose of olanzapine. No vomit urge at all. But the salt effected my blood pressure and brain negatively. Dont try drinking salty water.

Reactions: autumnal and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I drank around 60 70 ml very salty water but didnt vomit last week. I had taken very small dose of olanzapine. No vomit urge at all. But the salt effected my blood pressure and brain negatively. Dont try drinking salty water.

Agreed don't try, or a much smaller amount than 25 g. I did an experiment a while back to see if the effects were like SN and I wrote out all the symptoms, then when I got tired of feeling like crap I drank a lot of water and electrolytes for the rest of the day and had to recover and rest for a few hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zappfe lover and pleasethistime
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
They probably are busy being sick, weak or unable to move and post any more.

I think it's a given most people will vomit quickly.

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Quick FYI, the table salt test is kind of dangerous! Sodium toxicity is a thing people get hurt or die (painfully) from and it's completely separate from how SN causes death. The only feature of the table salt test that also applies to SN is the taste and maybe a burning in the back of the throat. Internally, table salt and SN act on different mechanisms.

You also didn't specify whether or not you took an AE or fasted prior to taking the table salt so it's hard to get a full picture here. That being said, the SN guide suggests making a second dose if you vomit, so you're not the only one thinking about this.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
From what I can gather ensuring that you have fasted, and taking the correct SN (20g) in the correct water solution (50ml) gives as good a chance as any. Taking painkillers in advance will help reduce any throat, headache pain. Anti-emetics will give you a better chance of ensuring it stays in your stomach. Other little things like washing out your mouth first with mouthwash, or rubbing your gums and tongue with toothpaste will reduce the shock of the taste. Having a little chocolate to munch on once you've taken the SN will also ease the taste.

Bottom line is that none of us really know what it will be like until we do it.

I've wondered about that as well. I think so long as I've managed to get the SN drink into my stomach I'll lie down as soon as possible and put some music on to relax to. Might just be that they want peace in their final moments.
Isn't the recommended SN dose now 25g/50mL? Seem to have read that a lot of places here and elsewhere (PPH) that most people consider to be reliable sources. I mean 20, 25g...its all fatal basically, if you can hold it down. I'm just starting to wonder how scientific these recommendations are and how much personal preference. :nomouth:
Also well documented is that unconsciousness from a full dose happens inside of 20 minutes in a vast majority of legit cases/reports. It seems that unconsciousness taking longer than 20 min is almost always due to quickly vomiting and having to redose. "Deep unconsciousness, an unrousable state" according to the PPH.

Last edited: