• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
I was perfectioning my SN plan, revisiting information I gathered from 4 years ago. And I stumbled upon this comment regarding a SN question which says:

"Yes, to prevent fire hazards. No, it will not degrade as long as it is properly sealed away from O2. Shelf life is around 3 years. Metal containers are fine, just store away from heat. Finally, do not reuse containers previously stored with SN." - Greenberg

The part that concerns me from this comment is: (Finally, do not reuse containers previously stored with SN)

Maybe I'm overthinking and being exaggerated, but I don't understand why they're giving that advice, and how could there by a problem by doing so.

Let's say I have a pretty large airtight container where I've been storing all my SN throughout the years, assuming the older SN is no longer useful, and is sitting right next to my newest SN.

I mean, what could be the problem? No SN bag has been opened or broken. Could there even be any reaction between a good Sn bag (Sodium Nitrite) and a bad one (Sodium Nitrate) for example?

It sounds stupid, I know, but as stupid as it sounds it's driving me crazy, because I can't stop having doubts about everything.

I wish somebody could help me understand what this means, please...

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I understand it they that once you emptied the container (aka u used all the SN and it's empty) not to reuse it bc there's a danger of contamination if used for sth else. Usually the bottles/bags are not reused / refilled after they are empty. That's how I understand it.

And it's true SN does not decompose on its own and stored dry, cool and airtight should be fine for many years.

• Love
Reactions: Finalnight and Deleted member 65988
Upvote 0
Finalnight

Finalnight

Aug 16, 2023
I understand it they that once you emptied the container (aka u used all the SN and it's empty) not to reuse it bc there's a danger of contamination if used for sth else. Usually the bottles/bags are not reused / refilled after they are empty. That's how I understand it.

And it's true SN does not decompose on its own and stored dry, cool and airtight should be fine for many years.
I just don't get why would it be a problem to reuse a container that stored SN alone (Without anything in between the powder and the container). The comment doesn't refer to anything else but the SN. So why would there be a problem if small particles of old SN get mixed with (for example) 100gr of newer Sodium Nitrite?

Upvote 0
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Probably oxidizing issues, and cross-contamination issues.

• Love
Reactions: Finalnight
Upvote 0
Finalnight

Finalnight

Aug 16, 2023
Probably oxidizing issues, and cross-contamination issues.
But if I haven't opened neither of the bags I'm storing in the same container there's no reason to worry right? Sorry for needing so much reassurance, I have severe OCD and it makes me question everything…

• Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000
Upvote 0
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
He must have meant reuse the containers for other purposes.

• Love
Upvote 0
tourniquetbunny

tourniquetbunny

Bnuy girl
Nov 13, 2023
It seems like a better safe than sorry type scenario. If you want to transfer SN to another container that once held SN, thats fine I'm pretty sure. But like let's say your parents grab that container, wash it even, and fill it with sugar or something. That's probably not a very good idea

• Love
Upvote 0
Finalnight

Finalnight

Aug 16, 2023
Yes maybe that's what he meant and I'm totally getting rid of the containers before I ctb, thanks for the help guys.

• Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000
Upvote 0