Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
I've looked it up and all I could find was some paper stating that omeprazole counters the hypotensive effect of SN in rats... So I'm assuming a ppi isn't a good idea? I'm asking as I don't have an antiemetic yet, but I am currently taking omeprazole (only until the end of this week) and was wondering if that means I can skip the antiemetic? I've seen a couple of threads where people had used omeprazole but I can't see if that was effective, as these are old threads and these people are long gone.

I think omeprazole actually has the opposite effect of the recommended antiemetics; it slows down your digestive system instead of speeding it up and so I guess I'm wondering if it will be detrimental, at least, even if it isn't beneficial in promoting the effects of SN.
Just to add: I will be buying some Buccastem M if it's really needed as that seems to be easy to get OTC here by blagging some shit about migraines and vomiting. I am pretty sure that's what Stan used too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egddios
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
PPI is good for SN, continue taking it as you would therapeutically (continuously every day) and you're exempt from antacids during the SN process

Reactions: Defenestrator
Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
Ok, sweet! The antiemetic will still be good though, right? I've never taken one before and my digestive system is a bit on the sensitive side (omeprazole was prescribed for stress-induced gastritis.)

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah anti emetic is needed, go to stans guide for the best ones. I think consensus says metoclopromide, which is what I will use, also I don't believe omeorazole slows anything down, it's an acid reducer (not to be confused with h2 antihistamine antacids like ranitidine)

Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
Yeah, I know about them - No way will I get my hands on metoclopramide in such a short space of time - so it's not worth considering. I'll stick with the prochlorperazine.

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
May Be easy for your to get quetiapine/serquel or other antipsychotics, there is a list of them that work in lieu of standard antiemetics, they work on the same neurotransmitters

Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
I'm not psychotic or shizophrenic etc. and those are hard to get in the UK, without prescription, and within 3 days. :]

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
You don't need to be psychotic or schizophrenic lol, they're used as mood stabilizers
But yeah I understand the UK thing, I'm from NZ originally, slightly similar situation.

Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
And how, exactly, would I get them in the next few days in the UK? They're not even necessary anyway. SN, antiemetic and the antacid. That's it. Prochlorperazine maleate is much easier to obtain (about £6 too) here than the utter ball ache of trying to get antipsychotics - would raise alarms in my case as I'm already known to be suicidal at present. Getting the antiemetic, I'll already have to go to a pharmacy I wouldn't normally go to to not raise suspicion.

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
I was just suggesting an alternative, I'm not aware if perchlorperazine was on the list of anti emetics optimal for SN, if it is then great.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Proton pump inhibitors are not recommended. Acid reducers like Cimetidine and Ranitidine are what you want.

You still need an antiemetic. Acid reducers are not a substitute, and they're the less important of the two. But ideally you'd use both.

Reactions: DivineMedicus, Indieblue and Delia
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
PPIs are acid reducers, and there are guides stating if you are already on a PPI therapeutically they do in fact substitute because the acid in your stomach is considerably reduced vs the average person. Of course antacids won't hurt. It's also like when someone is on one of a particular set of antipsychotics they substitute for antiemetics.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
PPIs are acid reducers, and there are guides stating if you are already on a PPI therapeutically they do in fact substitute because the acid in your stomach is considerably reduced vs the average person. Of course antacids won't hurt. It's also like when someone is on one of a particular set of antipsychotics they substitute for antiemetics.
They reduce acid, but they are a different class of drug. There's a bit of a disagreement among sources/guides about antiacids in general, but I stand by what I said. Almost everything does agree to avoid PPIs with SN.

Reactions: Indieblue, Delia and Defenestrator
Defenestrator

Defenestrator

Experienced
Jan 17, 2020
Thanks, I thought as much from what I'd read which is why I asked. :hug: Guess I'll have to wait.

squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
I know they're a different class of drug, and I'm not saying take them at the same time, saying if you're already on those medicines, do not stop, and your stomach acid will be decreased as normal when you are on those medicines as prescribed. I'm well aware of what PPIs are.
See antacids/acid regulator section in here...this is what I've been trying to convey

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-beta-blockers-painkillers-draft.29822/unread

Last edited:
L

Lovestolearn

Jan 2, 2021
They reduce acid, but they are a different class of drug. There's a bit of a disagreement among sources/guides about antiacids in general, but I stand by what I said. Almost everything does agree to avoi
They reduce acid, but they are a different class of drug. There's a bit of a disagreement among sources/guides about antiacids in general, but I stand by what I said. Almost everything does agree to avoid PPIs with SN.
How long before my ctb date should I stop taking nexium(ppi)