L

LarissaMarge

Jul 24, 2020
Hello!
I would love to hear your thoughts on adjustments that *might* be needed for taking SN if you had a gastric bypass.

1) Absorption: I am wondering how the SN absorption will vary. On one hand there's less absorption of vitamins, on the other hand alcohol is said to hit you faster (don't know, I don't drink)?

2) Fasting time?

3) All thoughts welcomed!

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Hello!
I would love to hear your thoughts on adjustments that *might* be needed for taking SN if you had a gastric bypass.

1) Absorption: I am wondering how the SN absorption will vary. On one hand there's less absorption of vitamins, on the other hand alcohol is said to hit you faster (don't know, I don't drink)?

2) Fasting time?

3) All thoughts welcomed!

You should do a forum search for relevant keywords on this topic. There have been a number of threads about it in the past, although I'm not sure whether any of them led to any conclusive recommendations.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/autumnal-rtfm-search-only-extended-information-png.34273/

Reactions: LarissaMarge
L

LarissaMarge

Jul 24, 2020
You should do a forum search for relevant keywords on this topic. There have been a number of threads about it in the past, although I'm not sure whether any of them led to any conclusive recommendations.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/autumnal-rtfm-search-only-extended-information-png.34273/
Thank you Autumnal. Search is a great tool! I did go through the posts but was unable to find relevant info.

I found this journal article on rats and sodium nitrite but the content is above my pay grade.

Quote:

Rapid Gastric Absorption of Sodium Nitrite in Mice

Abstract: the concentration of available gastric sodium nitrite and the major pathways involved in its disappearance in mice following single administration were determined. At 10 min. after oral ad- ministration, 85% of the available sodium nitrite was lost from the mouse stomach. Ligation of the gastroduodenal junction had no effect on nitrite loss. Following 30 min. incubation in uitro, where loss of nitrite by absorption was prevented, there was 63% loss of sodium nitrite, of which 4Oz had been converted to sodium nitrate. The authors concluded that the major pathway of loss of available gastric nitrite is absorption directly from the stomach into the bloodstream.

Attachments

• friedman1972.pdf
    326.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Thank you Autumnal. Search is a great tool! I did go through the posts but was unable to find relevant info.

I found this journal article on rats and sodium nitrite but the content is above my pay grade.

Quote:

Rapid Gastric Absorption of Sodium Nitrite in Mice

Abstract: the concentration of available gastric sodium nitrite and the major pathways involved in its disappearance in mice following single administration were determined. At 10 min. after oral ad- ministration, 85% of the available sodium nitrite was lost from the mouse stomach. Ligation of the gastroduodenal junction had no effect on nitrite loss. Following 30 min. incubation in uitro, where loss of nitrite by absorption was prevented, there was 63% loss of sodium nitrite, of which 4Oz had been converted to sodium nitrate. The authors concluded that the major pathway of loss of available gastric nitrite is absorption directly from the stomach into the bloodstream.

To me that abstract suggests possible success to you, but perhaps @Aap might be able to give a more educated opinion than mine.

Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
I have the same question! I've had GB and do wonder if SN would work for me given the lack of absorption and shortened small intestine. I do drink alcohol and definitely feel like it hits me faster than before GB.

I can't imagine there isn't anyone else on SS that's also had gastric bypass. Hopefully others will chime in.