Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I've read anecdotes of people experiencing a loss of vision from SN, which freaks me out. I want to be able to document or at least communicate with people during the short interval leading up to my death, so the thought of being trapped in blackness and unable to interact with my surroundings as I succumb is... off-putting, to say the least. How could a deficit in one's blood oxygen levels even lead to blindness in the first place?

Do you think that this side effect is common or a rarity? It's one of the few remaining things preventing me from attempting.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BandAddict, NodusTollens, Abir_london and 4 others
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
as less oxygen goes through your body, your vision will fade till you fall unconscious. However I have not heard of permanent eye damage due to SN.

Reactions: Buffy5120, Fehler, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
as less oxygen goes through your body, your vision will fade till you fall unconscious. However I have not heard of permanent eye damage due to SN.
That's good to know. So it's likely to occur in the later stages, around right before you pass out?

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
That's good to know. So it's likely to occur in the later stages, around right before you pass out?
I think it might be similar as experiencing the 'pass out game' in which you starve your brain of oxygen. your vision fades to black and you fall unconscious right away.

Reactions: Oozzy, _Minsk, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
Sorry, but I've just read this thread and blindness was not very temporary for the survived person... (2 days, but restored with medical help) :

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/took-sn-heres-my-story.15395/page-6

In one of his post he mentions this : "Funnily enough my teacher just told in class about how the eye's retina needs oxygen from the blood to make the image, that's why I couldn't see after taking it [SN]."

This case is really scary :-(

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: BandAddict, NodusTollens and Wrennie
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I've read anecdotes of people experiencing a loss of vision from SN, which freaks me out. I want to be able to document or at least communicate with people during the short interval leading up to my death, so the thought of being trapped in blackness and unable to interact with my surroundings as I succumb is... off-putting, to say the least. How could a deficit in one's blood oxygen levels even lead to blindness in the first place?

Do you think that this side effect is common or a rarity? It's one of the few remaining things preventing me from attempting.
This is the first time I have heard of blindness relating to CTB with SN. If it is true, that is really offputting, especially if the CTB attempt turns out to be a failure and one is left blind as a result.

Reactions: Going Home, NodusTollens and Wrennie
Jarni

Jarni

Dec 12, 2020
This is the first time I have heard of blindness relating to CTB with SN. If it is true, that is really offputting, especially if the CTB attempt turns out to be a failure and one is left blind as a result.
See my post please for an example...
Edited : my post in this thread I mean with an example of a user from this forum.

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
I've only seen the blind thing mentioned once and in that case it was temporary. I believe what they were experiencing was cortical blindness due to hypoxia. Because none of us here seem to be doctors and we only have ~16 listed failures to go off of it's kind of hard to say for sure if this is a rare thing or not... I think this may have happened because the person took 17 grams of SN and puked some up so it was poisoning them... just very slowly?

I wonder if this could be a symptom you might "experience" once you're already unconscious and dying but they just happened to still be awake. Like how it's mentioned if you don't pass out you might experience seizures - I assume you convulse (I've read somewhere that you do) some when unconscious but if you're unlucky you could experience it while awake?

I'd think if this happens to you and you get help it can be reversed - once they give you methelyne blue the effects of SN should start reversing and once you get oxygen back in you then it should be ok? Seems like a time sensitive thing though - I imagine without oxygen your eyes would start to degrade?

I don't really know for sure I'm kind of guessing - but maybe someone could expand on what I said or confirm/deny it?

Either way... I'm still taking SN.

Reactions: BandAddict, Jarni and Wrennie
Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
This is so very scary
I ordered my SN today
Very offputting

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Ahhhhh freak out by an anecdotal report. I heard SN causes cancer.

• Love
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, demuic, Buffy5120 and 1 other person
Akasha

Akasha

Jan 7, 2021
He took zantac, and someone said that taking acid reducers also increases how long it takes to go unconscious, and that it could turn the nitrite into nitrate. Maybe usually you'll go down before the blindness kicks in.

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Ahhhhh freak out by an anecdotal report. I heard SN causes cancer.
A lot of the info that we have about the experience of SN comes from people who have tried it and either lived or died. Writing off the experiences that people have had do nothing for this community. Sure someone could lie (which I don't think is common) - but if they aren't then someone can take the time to figure out what that symptom was, why it happened, how common it is, and how to prevent it. Which you can see above is what I was trying to do - maybe instead of mocking people over valid concerns you could try and be useful to the thread?

Also, I believe the study about nitrite/nitrate in meat being somewhat carcinogenic were proven to be true, but I don't think it's something you have to worry about that much if you eat it in moderation. And especially nothing to worry about if you're killing yourself with it anyways.

Reactions: mirko, Wrennie and NodusTollens
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I'll respond when you acknowledge I was completely correct about the dude trying to get a gun who was criminally charged with threatening to shoot up a school...

• Hugs
Reactions: lucacaro
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
I'll respond when you acknowledge I was completely correct about the dude trying to get a gun who was criminally charged with threatening to shoot up a school...
I never saw that thread before it was deleted because I went to bed lmao - are you really mad over that? lmaooo

Reactions: mirko
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
He took zantac, and someone said that taking acid reducers also increases how long it takes to go unconscious, and that it could turn the nitrite into nitrate. Maybe usually you'll go down before the blindness kicks in.
No, anti acid helps absorb quicker not slower...

Loss of vision wouldn't happen until unconscious. Meaning as you go and maybe after. If you survive a serious SN attempt you would have to have been revived to retain vision damage, as its same for restriction. Meaning as you strangle yourself, similar, more time without oxygen more chance of damage. would not to worry about this...i think

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Lucacaro, no not mad at all - more annoyed at the original poster in the thread due to what it could due to the site and the fact he may have had very nefarious plans for the gun.

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Lucacaro, no not mad at all - more annoyed at the original poster in the thread due to what it could due to the site and the fact he may have had very nefarious plans for the gun.
As I said in that thread as well - I wasn't confident that person was very interested in suicide anyways.

Jarni

Jarni

Dec 12, 2020
Loss of vision wouldn't happen until unconscious. Meaning as you go and maybe after. If you survive a serious SN attempt you would have to have been revived to retain vision damage, as its same for restriction. Meaning as you strangle yourself, similar, more time without oxygen more chance of damage. would not to worry about this...i think
I understand what you mean.... Just the author of the thread was conscious when he became blind :-(

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Regarding SN, half the site refuses to believe it is anything remotely close peaceful and the other half refuse to believe SN can cause any long term issues, despite it being a deadly poison. Any method that causes death can cause complications of a survived attempt.

the closest analog to SN death would likely be CO, as it likewise interferes with hemoglobin's ability to transport oxygen. Cortical blindness, and brain damage, are possible, though very low incidence Complications.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg, Wrennie, NodusTollens and 2 others
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
I understand what you mean.... Just the author of the thread was conscious when he became blind :-(
Sadly or luckily; everyone is different. Goodluck

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Regarding SN, half the site refuses to believe it is anything remotely close peaceful and the other half refuse to believe SN can cause any long term issues, despite it being a deadly poison. Any method that causes death can cause complications of a survived attempt.

the closest analog to SN death would likely be CO, as it likewise interferes with hemoglobin's ability to transport oxygen. Cortical blindness, and brain damage, are possible, though very low incidence Complications.
I'm sort of in the middle with this... I definitely think SN is more dangerous than a lot of people make it out to be - but I also feel like it might be less dangerous than say - failing a hanging. (Assuming you get medical help with the SN of course)

It would be nice to get input and advice from someone in the medical field here honestly. They could probably understand all the jargon online better than I could lmao. But still I want to try and learn more about the short term and long term affects taking SN could have on you... I definitely want to see more talk about this sort of thing on the site so people can make more informed decisions. Not trying to scare anyone ofc.

• Love
Reactions: BandAddict, Wrennie, Jarni and 1 other person
Jarni

Jarni

Dec 12, 2020

Yeah so the only response for all questions will be "it depends".... :-(

I'm in process of research about SN (just to have a full image of the thing...) and I didn't understand well if a person can survive after SN without medical help. I didn't find the cases at the moment, but it seems it is possible. Do you know this type of cases?

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Yeah so the only response for all questions will be "it depends".... :-(

I'm in process of research about SN (just to have a full image of the thing...) and I didn't understand well if a person can survive after SN without medical help. I didn't find the cases at the moment, but it seems it is possible. Do you know this type of cases?
I know you weren't replying to me but one potential reason someone could survive an SN attempt is they didn't take enough or not enough really got into their system (maybe they puked?). SN turns the hemoglobin in your blood into methemoglobin but your body has a natural process to reverse this and turn it back into hemoglobin.

Reactions: BandAddict, Jarni and Wrennie
Jarni

Jarni

Dec 12, 2020
It would be nice to get input and advice from someone in the medical field here honestly. They could probably understand all the jargon online better than I could lmao. But still I want to try and learn more about the short term and long term affects taking SN could have on you... I definitely want to see more talk about this sort of thing on the site so people can make more informed decisions. Not trying to scare anyone ofc.
It's also my point. I have an impression that people want to know only "positive" things on SN, but not scary ones. But it is important to know everything (=the truth) (for this type of subjects...).

lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
It's also my point. I have an impression that people want to know only "positive" things on SN, but not scary ones. But it is important to know everything (=the truth) (for this type of subjects...).
Yeah for something this important it's best to be as informed as you can be - even if you learn things you don't want to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: BandAddict, Wrennie, MrAsclepius and 1 other person
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
I'm sort of in the middle with this... I definitely think SN is more dangerous than a lot of people make it out to be - but I also feel like it might be less dangerous than say - failing a hanging. (Assuming you get medical help with the SN of course)

You get revived from hanging, afflictions of the face and head like loss of vision and hearing.

Revived from SN, sporadic. Could'nt even say, but if done as correctly minimal chance to survive therefore less of a chance to experience disorder as with suspension. Also, most people I read fail, didn't take necessary precaution..

Reactions: Jarni and Wrennie
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The body will ignore and shut down any functions not tied directly to the brainstem at all costs. Vision and hearing are not very high on the list of necessity.

Reactions: Jarni and Wrennie
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Follow the recommendations and ensure you aren't found and then there will be no need to worry about such things.

Every method of CTB could have side effects, due to the fact that it's meant to kill you, being lethal and all.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Vision and hearing are very high on the list of important things from an evolutionary standpoint. The retina is just oxygen sensitive.

lucacaro, SN has extremely few case reports compared to something like opioids or CO, both of which have been in the literature forever. No one should take anything with the intention of death without the expectation that grave, though uncommon, side effects can occur if the attempt fails. That said, the site does a horrendous job of understanding relative risk. If you look at a thread on opioids, it would be unusual not to find a "brain damage risk high" post while simultaneously even the suggestion of such in an SN thread results in an uproar.

Last edited:
  • Love
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
Vision and hearing are very high on the list of important things from an evolutionary standpoint. The retina is just oxygen sensitive.

lucacaro, SN has extremely few case reports compared to something like opioids or CO, both of which have been in the literature forever. No one should take anything with the intention of death without the expectation that grave, though uncommon, side effects can occur if the attempt fails. That said, the site does a horrendous job of understanding relative risk. If you look at a thread on opioids, it would be unusual not to find a "brain damage risk high" post while simultaneously even the suggestion of such in an SN thread results in an uproar.
Yeah I agree - I want to know why is it that people say something like brain damage is not a risk with SN specifically... lack of oxygen in you sounds like something that would potentially cause brain damage? I haven't really talked about this specifically just because I really don't know much on the topic. Either way though I'm not really that worried about the risks like some here may be - I don't think I'll be found when I take SN so I should be fine, especially since I'm planning on double dosing.