N

nosirens

Nov 29, 2019
I accidentally drank an sn mixture I made months ago while I was cleaning out my room. I mistook it for my actual water I know stupid. It was extremely salty and so I realized what it was. I spit it out immediately and went to rinse out my mouth with water. But obviously wasn't trying to hurt myself tonight and now I'm worried. Should I go to the ER or just wait it out???

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I would say call 911 the moment you start feeling dizzy.

Reactions: theguineapigking and tryingtoescape
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
You drank water from months ago? You really shouldn't be drinking that even if it's just normal water. Anyways, the SN would've oxidized into nitrate. The worst thing that should happen is you'll feel dehydrated. Please do call an ambulance if you start to feel worse though.

Reactions: autumnal
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
If you didn't swallow it I can't see it having any effect. That said, this isn't the best place to get advice about that. Might be an idea to do to er just in case. That's a call only you can make.

Reactions: autumnal, sadghost and theguineapigking
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Oh gosh, if you start feeling odd, ring 911

Reactions: autumnal, sadghost and theguineapigking
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
It's definitely not fatal , may have some very slight side effects though, as u did not ingest anything and spat it out. Besides the SN will not be nitrite so long after dissolved in water and exposed to air. Don't have anything to worry abt IMO , but call er if u have severe side effects.

Reactions: autumnal and theguineapigking
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
If you don't feel the effects by now, it shouldn't get much worse. I wouldn't drive to the er, because that's the last thing you'd want to do if you could get dizzy. If you swallowed any, consider calling 911 if you were to feel dizzy and sick. Have your phone ready. If you didn't swallow any, it wouldn't really do much to you..I say that because there could be trace amounts of sn in your saliva, but you wouldn't have really gotten enough of it if you didn't swallow.

I guess that leaves the question: How do you feel now?

N

nosirens

Nov 29, 2019
If you don't feel the effects by now, it shouldn't get much worse. I wouldn't drive to the er, because that's the last thing you'd want to do if you could get dizzy. If you swallowed any, consider calling 911 if you were to feel dizzy and sick. Have your phone ready. If you didn't swallow any, it wouldn't really do much to you..I say that because there could be trace amounts of sn in your saliva, but you wouldn't have really gotten enough of it if you didn't swallow.

I guess that leaves the question: How do you feel now?
I feel normal. I am a bit dizzy but I think I'm fine. I called poison control and they said that I should be fine and to watch out for vomiting within the first hour and that hasn't happened so I think I'm ok. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm still gonna watch for symptoms just in case though.