Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Brick In The Wall and _Minsk
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019

Found this small new article on science direct. They are getting more aware of sodium nitrite being used as a suicide method.
Rather short article, seems to be fairly recent as well. We have to stay on top of articles like this so thanks for sharing.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It is already known as a chemical used for suicide and many people make angry little posts on seller sites demanding they take the product down because their loved one used it for suicide. I has uses outside of suicide so I doubt it is going anywhere. It would be hard to justify restricting curing salt because people want to use it to die. That would be like restricting rope so people can't hang themselves.

D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
It is already known as a chemical used for suicide and many people make angry little posts on seller sites demanding they take the product down because their loved one used it for suicide. I has uses outside of suicide so I doubt it is going anywhere. It would be hard to justify restricting curing salt because people want to use it to die. That would be like restricting rope so people can't hang themselves.
True but because its mainly used in the food industry they could stop selling it to the public. They already did this with a lot of stuff. Im glad i already have mine

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020

Found this small new article on science direct. They are getting more aware of sodium nitrite being used as a suicide method.
I believe this is an excerpt from the notorious "Suicide Kit from Internet" report,or a rehashing of it.
You can use the search feature to read how every point was contested here.

Last edited:
glitterproof

glitterproof

Apr 21, 2020
Practically disappeared from Australia (as far as I know) a few months back, I'm presuming because of cases of it being used to ctb here and there. The couple stores I found required you to be with a company probably for this reason, it's a legitimate product (a pretty niche one too) but they don't want that liability. Not sure how well lying about that would go, don't have the nuts for it.